Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-09-2007, 12:11 AM

1,511 posts, read 978,403 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noahma View Post
It may not show gang involvement, but It will show trends toward that. Similar accomplices, similar style crimes, who the crimes were committed on.

Why are you auguring about a word? Any violent crime trends that show up in an application for citizenship should be denied, regardless of gang ties or not.
im not disagreeing on denial of entry based on violent criminal past. the author of this thread asked:

Who is supposed to be admitted into the country?... ...Certainly not someone that is a gang member...

all i wanted to know is how you tell someone is involved with a gang or has the potential to be. background checks show criminal history, but that's all.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-09-2007, 12:16 AM

3,689 posts, read 10,417,852 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GH0ST.. View Post
im not disagreeing on denial of entry based on violent criminal past. the author of this thread asked:

Who is supposed to be admitted into the country?... ...Certainly not someone that is a gang member...

all i wanted to know is how you tell someone is involved with a gang or has the potential to be. background checks show criminal history, but that's all.
so your focusing on a word, that the author could have used to describe violent individuals?

As I have stated, I think you just like to try to encite arguements.

Old 11-09-2007, 04:52 PM

1,266 posts, read 2,508,748 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noahma View Post
so your focusing on a word, that the author could have used to describe violent individuals?

As I have stated, I think you just like to try to encite arguements.
That's pretty obvious, isn't it.

Old 11-09-2007, 05:35 PM

17,291 posts, read 29,402,468 times
Quote:
im not arguing against a background check. but a background check doesnt show gang involvement or potential gang involvement... it just shows crimes committed and prosecuted. gang involvement was the issue presented in this thread, not general crime.

This is moot.

Typically, immigration laws don't allow the most vlunerable demographic for gangs - young, unskilled, mostly teenagers.

From the very start there'd be no reason to let them in.

Student visas, yes. 18 year old who just want to move to the US? No.

Old 11-09-2007, 07:39 PM

8,978 posts, read 16,556,692 times
Quote:

I agree, GHOST. The title of this thread is "Gang Threatens Police". Well, who can blame them? Don't the police "threaten" Gangs? Why should the gangs respect the police, when they can see that the police don't respect THEM? Fair is fair, I say.... After all, you don't see gang members locking up policemen for 5 or 10 years---

Old 11-09-2007, 09:48 PM

402 posts, read 1,061,252 times
Quote:
I agree, GHOST. The title of this thread is "Gang Threatens Police". Well, who can blame them? Don't the police "threaten" Gangs? Why should the gangs respect the police, when they can see that the police don't respect THEM? Fair is fair, I say.... After all, you don't see gang members locking up policemen for 5 or 10 years---
LOL, I sure am glad someone has a sense of humor on this forum once in awhile.

Old 11-09-2007, 10:40 PM

1,511 posts, read 978,403 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by macmeal View Post
agree with what? i just asked a question.

Old 11-09-2007, 11:49 PM

635 posts, read 1,746,885 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by migee View Post
...Right now for Latinos it's just an open border, isn't it?...There are no controls, and haven't been for almost 20 years now...
Most illegal immigrants pay upwards of a couple thousand dollars a person a coyote to get across the border. Many are forced to risk their lives going underneath the earth in tunnels. To say there is an open border is uninformed. This isn't a walk in the park, this is risking everything financially to cross.

Old 11-11-2007, 12:29 PM

17,291 posts, read 29,402,468 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JesusisLord View Post
Most illegal immigrants pay upwards of a couple thousand dollars a person a coyote to get across the border. Many are forced to risk their lives going underneath the earth in tunnels. To say there is an open border is uninformed. This isn't a walk in the park, this is risking everything financially to cross.

If you have a couple thousand dollars to pay for a coyote, you have a couple thousand dollars to go through proper immigration channels.

If you have managed to save thousands for a coyote, you're not in THAT BAD of a situation in your home country, and that money would be better spent starting a business or investing in your home country.

Stop making excuses for the inconsiderate "line jumpers." How many MORE DESERVING people from other places in the world have to wait when we COULD increase immigration quotas for THEM if not for the millions here we're already struggling to deal with?

Old 11-11-2007, 02:06 PM

3,432 posts, read 2,951,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TriMT7 View Post
If you have a couple thousand dollars to pay for a coyote, you have a couple thousand dollars to go through proper immigration channels.

If you have managed to save thousands for a coyote, you're not in THAT BAD of a situation in your home country, and that money would be better spent starting a business or investing in your home country.

Stop making excuses for the inconsiderate "line jumpers." How many MORE DESERVING people from other places in the world have to wait when we COULD increase immigration quotas for THEM if not for the millions here we're already struggling to deal with?
Keep in mind there is a loooong waiting line. A lot of people don't have the time. Most of them get the money from their family who lives in the U.S.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration