Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-12-2007, 12:00 PM

1,499 posts, read 4,831,133 times

Advertisements

Did anyone see the illegals protesting lack of work??

Neil Cavuto was talking about it last week. These illegals were pissed they paid a coyote to get into the US illegally and now they are here and there are NO JOBS for them, as the construction industry has basically come to a screeching halt, the tourism industry is slow as gas prices are keeping Americans home (no vacation) and agricultural industries are starting to use LEGAL aliens they can bring in using the H-2A program (which has an UNLIMITED cap as to how many aliens they can bring for seasonal work). So the illegals have no jobs to do!!

So the illegals are pissed off and protesting they don't have jobs.

Now here is the kicker: in Mexico, these same illegals HAD jobs!! Mexico has a ton of jobs... yes, they pay less than US-jobs and in Mexico they have to pay taxes (unlike in the US, where they get tax-free Dollars and get free healthcare and education)!!

What do YOU think of ILLEGAL aliens protesting they have no jobs ... to work on ILLEGALLY?!????

(Personal remark: I LIKE it that the illegals have no jobs and maybe will self-deport, but many will turn to crime and will kill and rob Americans, sell drugs, etc and will stay.... or will go on welfare)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-12-2007, 12:05 PM

1,862 posts, read 3,342,292 times
I think it's pretty funny! HAHA Protesting that they don't have jobs when they aren't even supposed to be here!!

Old 11-12-2007, 02:02 PM

1,499 posts, read 4,831,133 times
But I am serious. It was on "Your World with Neil Cavuto" on Friday. I am not kidding.

I will try and find the link on YouTube.

Does anyone believe me? Did anyone see the Your World on Friday and saw the illegals protesting they don't have jobs to do??

Old 11-12-2007, 02:20 PM

3,589 posts, read 4,146,402 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nirvana-Guy View Post
But I am serious. It was on "Your World with Neil Cavuto" on Friday. I am not kidding.

I will try and find the link on YouTube.

Does anyone believe me? Did anyone see the Your World on Friday and saw the illegals protesting they don't have jobs to do??
I can't stand Neil Cavuto, so I don't watch his show. I'll watch the YouTube clip if you can find it, though. I believe you.

Old 11-12-2007, 03:20 PM

9,600 posts, read 31,688,287 times
Great post, Nirvana-Guy!

Do you feel protesting because there's not adequate work is any better or worse than protesting for more rights up to and including United States Citizenship? In both cases I see mega-arrogance mixed with blatant stupidity.

Since The Voters of Arizona have passed a law clamping down on employers who hire illegals as well as requiring documentation in order to qualify for freebies, many illegals are leaving the State.

So so sad . . . where's my "crying towel?"

Old 11-12-2007, 03:21 PM

3,432 posts, read 2,950,083 times
I wouldn't say they are a ton of jobs. But why would they work over there earning $10 a day while they can come to the U.S and make $10 in an hour? Think about it. On the other hand, Taxi cab is very profitable. My uncle rents out his taxi and earns close to $2k a month profit.

Old 11-12-2007, 03:55 PM

14,044 posts, read 27,210,109 times
I found Cavuto's portion of the FoxNews website, maybe someone can find the story within this site (or a link to the story):

FOXNews.com - If Bad Business Calls Don't Kill You, the Lawyers Will - Neil Cavuto | Your World

Old 11-12-2007, 05:11 PM

21,144 posts, read 42,122,931 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nirvana-Guy View Post
Did anyone see the illegals protesting lack of work??

Neil Cavuto was talking about it last week. These illegals were pissed they paid a coyote to get into the US illegally and now they are here and there are NO JOBS for them, as the construction industry has basically come to a screeching halt, the tourism industry is slow as gas prices are keeping Americans home (no vacation) and agricultural industries are starting to use LEGAL aliens they can bring in using the H-2A program (which has an UNLIMITED cap as to how many aliens they can bring for seasonal work). So the illegals have no jobs to do!!

So the illegals are pissed off and protesting they don't have jobs.

Now here is the kicker: in Mexico, these same illegals HAD jobs!! Mexico has a ton of jobs... yes, they pay less than US-jobs and in Mexico they have to pay taxes (unlike in the US, where they get tax-free Dollars and get free healthcare and education)!!

What do YOU think of ILLEGAL aliens protesting they have no jobs ... to work on ILLEGALLY?!????

(Personal remark: I LIKE it that the illegals have no jobs and maybe will self-deport, but many will turn to crime and will kill and rob Americans, sell drugs, etc and will stay.... or will go on welfare)
Sucks to be an illegal I guess

Old 11-12-2007, 06:46 PM

1,266 posts, read 2,508,122 times
I saw it too. Unbelievable the nerve of someone here illegally to complain about jobs.

Old 11-12-2007, 10:56 PM

3,943 posts, read 6,371,712 times
It doesn't surprise me a bit. They've heard from their family, friends, etc.... about how they are living "high on the hog" here, and they expect the same. I'm sure they have seen illegals on tv, protesting all the time for "their rights."It's almost as though they come over here with a sense of (false, though it may be) entitlement.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration