Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-14-2007, 08:31 AM

3,162 posts, read 11,436,860 times

Advertisements

I was having these thoughts today and I'd like to share them why my fellow forum users seeking some answers and interesting opinions

What if there were immigrants who came illegaly but became so american that you couldn't tell they aren't?

Do you think these kind of illegal immigrants exist?

Picture them, speaking perfect english with no accent, a full knowledge of what being american means, and having been so influenced by their new country that they became true americans, ready to defend her with their lifes if necesary.

You'd think, why this immigrant came illegally then???? what if he did it because he had no other way of doing it, and the laws of attraction brought him here because he felt he had more in common with this country.

What would be your thoughts on these kind of illegal immigrant?

Love and Light!

Last edited by Travelling fella; 11-14-2007 at 08:43 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-14-2007, 09:50 AM

1,266 posts, read 2,508,748 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Travelling fella View Post
I was having these thoughts today and I'd like to share them why my fellow forum users seeking some answers and interesting opinions

What if there were immigrants who came illegaly but became so american that you couldn't tell they aren't?

Picture them, speaking perfect english with no accent, a full knowledge of what being american means, and having been so influenced by their new country that they became true americans, ready to defend her with their lifes if necesary.

You'd think, why this immigrant came illegally then???? what if he did it because he had no other way of doing it, and the laws of attraction brought him here because he felt he had more in common with this country.

Love and Light!
Actually, this is what all immigrants used to do. The people who immigranted here legally 50 or more years ago learned the lanuage and values of America. Their children and grandchildren had no accents as they assimilated with time here. They are America.

Old 11-14-2007, 10:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crittersitter View Post
Actually, this is what all immigrants used to do. The people who immigranted here legally 50 or more years ago learned the lanuage and values of America. Their children and grandchildren had no accents as they assimilated with time here. They are America.
What could have made this change? what could have made that new generations of immigrants no longer care for America? I feel sorry for this, I honestly do, I feel is wrong that now America wants to close her borders and her citizens feel unsafe and lack trust in new immigrants because of these actions.

Who's to blame?
What can be done to revert this?
What can the average citizen do to improve things?
What can the citizens of my country (who is a major exporter of illegal immigrants) do to help?

Love and Light!

Old 11-14-2007, 10:18 AM

2,433 posts, read 6,677,994 times
I don't care how well illegals blend in they are criminals and need to be fined, jailed, and then deported.

Old 11-14-2007, 10:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkeye48 View Post
I don't care how well illegals blend in they are criminals and need to be fined, jailed, and then deported.
A valid and respectable idea, but how do you propose to do this?

Old 11-14-2007, 10:25 AM

1,862 posts, read 3,343,091 times
Quote:
A valid and respectable idea, but how do you propose to do this?
America can do ANYTHING it puts its mind to - deporting a bunch of people is not a big deal, compared to other things we've done. Everyone says, "oh, it can't be done", "oh, there's too many of them", "oh, you can't possibly deport them all"......etc. I would fine them, BUT I would not jail them - just deport them - otherwise, taxpayers would be paying for the incarcerations.

We do it one person at a time as they are found out, meanwhile securing the border, and stopping the magnets of benefits and jobs. No, most likely, we won't put all of them on buses on one day.

Old 11-14-2007, 10:32 AM

9,601 posts, read 31,701,421 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkeye48 View Post
I agree, Hawkeye

There are no degrees for the term ILLEGAL!

If these ILLEGALS were such "upstanding citizens" then they would not be here ILLEGALLY in the first place.

Bottom line . . . honest, sincere and law-abiding citizens from any country do not blatantly snub their noses at the Immigration Laws and the Border Patrol Agents of the United States or any other country.

Old 11-14-2007, 10:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cousinsal View Post
America can do ANYTHING it puts its mind to - deporting a bunch of people is not a big deal, compared to other things we've done. Everyone says, "oh, it can't be done", "oh, there's too many of them", "oh, you can't possibly deport them all"......etc. I would fine them, BUT I would not jail them - just deport them - otherwise, taxpayers would be paying for the incarcerations.

We do it one person at a time as they are found out, meanwhile securing the border, and stopping the magnets of benefits and jobs. No, most likely, we won't put all of them on buses on one day.
Ok, but how would you secure the border? stopping the magnets of jobs and benefits would be a good plan. imho

But I have my doubts that securing the border would be effective because any security device created by a human being, can be broken by another human being.

Now if the job magnet and the benefit magnet would stop, then you'd have to tough out some consequences of this, but like you said America (i'd say spiritually unified human willpower) can do everything it wouldn't be a cakewalk though, it would be a task as hard as winning WWII or Liberating India, or that kind of higher than life human achievements, but impossible is nothing!

Last edited by Travelling fella; 11-14-2007 at 10:48 AM..

Old 11-14-2007, 10:49 AM

3,589 posts, read 4,148,839 times
Quote:

Love and Light!
I don't make exceptions for people who assimilate. They're breaking the law and frankly, if they're ready to lay down their lives for this country the least they could do is follow the laws. There's almost always a way to come here if you're creative enough.

Old 11-14-2007, 10:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nativeDallasite View Post
I don't make exceptions for people who assimilate. They're breaking the law and frankly, if they're ready to lay down their lives for this country the least they could do is follow the laws. There's almost always a way to come here if you're creative enough.
That is true, there is always some way to find some legal nook and crannies to do things.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration