U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-14-2007, 12:14 PM

375 posts, read 761,158 times

Advertisements

MOD CUT

As for them being mostly harmless - knowingly breaking the laws of a country to gain entry removes you from any cloak of innocence. By just coming here in the fashion that they have and gaining whatever benefits they have gained they've set an example for others back home that they can do the same, which in turn increases the already large number of people entering the country illegally...far from harmless in my opinion.

Last edited by NewToCA; 11-14-2007 at 05:07 PM.. Reason: discuss subject not each other
Rate this post positively

Old 11-14-2007, 12:19 PM

1,511 posts, read 906,966 times
MOD CUT

Quote:
As for them being mostly harmless - knowingly breaking the laws of a country to gain entry removes you from any cloak of innocence. By just coming here in the fashion that they have and gaining whatever benefits they have gained they've set an example for others back home that they can do the same, which in turn increases the already large number of people entering the country illegally...far from harmless in my opinion.
far from harmless, in your opinion? what about citizen lawbreakers? do they deserve to have their benefits stripped? the only difference between us and them is the wealth and effectiveness of their government. they had no choice where they were born, and we shouldnt be so selfish.

Last edited by NewToCA; 11-14-2007 at 05:08 PM.. Reason: orphaned

Old 11-14-2007, 12:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GH0ST.. View Post
the case itself is up in the air. the facts told in the article have yet to be determined in a court of law.
It has been determined in a court of law, the dog has been scheduled to die and it's life hangs on the influence of protesters that stand infront of the court house pleading for the dogs life.

Meanwhile the criminal makes out like the bandit he is, $250,000 richer.

Old 11-14-2007, 12:24 PM

61,284 posts, read 84,485,536 times
vagabond, very good post rep on the way.
this was an interesting thread. multiple issues property and self defense rights, illegal alien all of much interest.

Old 11-14-2007, 12:36 PM

3,589 posts, read 3,851,586 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkeye48 View Post
As far as I'm concerned illegal aliens should not have any rights to sue. At all.
I agree, but I'd have thrown this suit out. They were TOLD to stay in the car because the dogs were not sequestered. They disregarded that suggestion, then hit dogs with a rake and pulled one of the owners to the ground. My parents' dog would have done the same thing in that situation.

I'm livid that this is happening to these people and that poor dog.

Old 11-14-2007, 12:36 PM

Quote:
far from harmless, in your opinion? what about citizen lawbreakers? do they deserve to have their benefits stripped?
Yes, and what do you call jail and prison if not the stripping away of benefits? But you bring up a very relavent point. We have our own misfits to deal with without having new ones coming in.

Quote:
the only difference between us and them is the wealth and effectiveness of their government. they had no choice where they were born, and we shouldnt be so selfish.
...wealth? We have a failing social services infrastructure, our school systems are crumbling, last time I checked lots of families are ending up homeless due to a dying economy and a busted housing market...this wealth you speak of is enjoyed by a scant few, the reast of us work-a-day wage slaves are making ends meet by shear will - yet your "effective government" is getting ready to ship $50 billion more over to fund that tragic comedy in Iraq. Please, this drug you imbibe, share it with the rest of us because you clearly live in a fantasy world.

MOD CUT

Last edited by NewToCA; 11-14-2007 at 05:09 PM.. Reason: subject, not each other

Old 11-14-2007, 12:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nativeDallasite View Post
I agree, but I'd have thrown this suit out. They were TOLD to stay in the car because the dogs were not sequestered. They disregarded that suggestion, then hit dogs with a rake and pulled one of the owners to the ground. My parents' dog would have done the same thing in that situation.

I'm livid that this is happening to these people and that poor dog.
If you want to take action, there is an online petition to save the dog and you can email the judge who is responsible for the case. They say it's a small court and it's been inundated with emails, calls and protesters.

Aparently I can't post the direct link or it will be wiped out by the Mod, but if you do a google search for "new jersey german shepherd protest" it will come up.

Old 11-14-2007, 12:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunky39 View Post
vagabond, very good post rep on the way.
this was an interesting thread. multiple issues property and self defense rights, illegal alien all of much interest.

All I can say is America is becoming a scary place to call home. If I had the money or the imaginary "wealth" I supposedly inherited by being born in America, I would be looking to move abroad.

Old 11-14-2007, 01:19 PM

3,589 posts, read 3,851,586 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vagabond View Post
If you want to take action, there is an online petition to save the dog and you can email the judge who is responsible for the case. They say it's a small court and it's been inundated with emails, calls and protesters.

Aparently I can't post the direct link or it will be wiped out by the Mod, but if you do a google search for "new jersey german shepherd protest" it will come up.
Unfortunately it won't, can you PM it to me?

Old 11-14-2007, 01:36 PM

PM'ed you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.