Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-14-2007, 12:44 PM

1,266 posts, read 2,509,525 times

Advertisements

Fred Thompson has a new commercial and what a novel idea - secure our border, enforce the law, reject amnesty.....
Fred File – The Friends of Fred Thompson Blog
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-14-2007, 12:48 PM

3,589 posts, read 4,152,119 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crittersitter View Post
Fred Thompson has a new commercial and what a novel idea - secure our border, enforce the law, reject amnesty.....
Fred File – The Friends of Fred Thompson Blog
Fred Thompson is unelectable. I want to hear this from the front-runners.

Old 11-14-2007, 01:12 PM

1,266 posts, read 2,509,525 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nativeDallasite View Post
Do you really think Fred is unelectable? If you look at conservative polls he leads. Other polls still indicate he, Guiliani and Romney as the front-runners. All I can say is I hope you are wrong on this one Dallas. We need Fred!

Old 11-14-2007, 01:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crittersitter View Post
Do you really think Fred is unelectable? If you look at conservative polls he leads. Other polls still indicate he, Guiliani and Romney as the front-runners. All I can say is I hope you are wrong on this one Dallas. We need Fred!
Eh...I'm not a Fred supporter and despite his anti-illegal stance I hope he doesn't win. He is too conservative and hawkish for my tastes.

I want to hear this from the candidates that I think have a chance of winning. I'm willing to bet money that Fred Thompson's campaign will go nowhere.

Old 11-14-2007, 01:24 PM

9,986 posts, read 18,676,781 times
Quote:
Eh...I'm not a Fred supporter and despite his anti-illegal stance I hope he doesn't win. He is too conservative and hawkish for my tastes.

I want to hear this from the candidates that I think have a chance of winning. I'm willing to bet money that Fred Thompson's campaign will go nowhere.
You wont hear it from the front runners, which makes me wonder why they are the front runners? Oh yea, the sheep that keep buying into their lies will keep them on top. Vote for who you see most in the media, great way to ruin America

Old 11-14-2007, 01:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nea1 View Post
You wont hear it from the front runners, which makes me wonder why they are the front runners? Oh yea, the sheep that keep buying into their lies will keep them on top. Vote for who you see most in the media, great way to ruin America
The front-runners are the ones most likely to be elected...like it or not. I don't really like ANY of the candidates running for President, but I feel a moral obligation to vote for one of them. I'm sure I'll be holding my nose as I do so.

Old 11-14-2007, 01:42 PM

Quote:
The front-runners are the ones most likely to be elected...like it or not. I don't really like ANY of the candidates running for President, but I feel a moral obligation to vote for one of them. I'm sure I'll be holding my nose as I do so.
I dont feel morally obligated to vote for them at all I dont want to be partly responsible for what they do to America afterwards. Why should I vote for someone I disagree with 100% because the rest of America was to afraid to vote someone in office that would actually make a real change. I have two huge Ron Paul stickers on my car, thats who I will vote for, not the others.

Old 11-14-2007, 02:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nea1 View Post
I dont feel morally obligated to vote for them at all I dont want to be partly responsible for what they do to America afterwards. Why should I vote for someone I disagree with 100% because the rest of America was to afraid to vote someone in office that would actually make a real change. I have two huge Ron Paul stickers on my car, thats who I will vote for, not the others.
I'm not talking about just the front-runners...I'm talking about ALL of them. I haven't seen a candidate yet that I'd be comfortable with voting for, including Ron Paul.

Old 11-14-2007, 02:52 PM

Quote:
I'm not talking about just the front-runners...I'm talking about ALL of them. I haven't seen a candidate yet that I'd be comfortable with voting for, including Ron Paul.
Him and probably two others are the only ones I would vote for. Lessor of two evils is no reason to vote.

Old 11-14-2007, 03:33 PM

9,601 posts, read 31,716,215 times
Quote:
Don't be too sure, NativeDallasite

After watching a few TV interviews lately, I firmly believe the two real possibilities are Fred Thompson and Duncan Hunter.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration