Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-30-2007, 09:11 AM

3,162 posts, read 11,442,114 times

Advertisements

Well my friends I have to say, that these experiences in the forum have been truly enlightening

I've made some great friends as well, and I've met some people that even if we don't always agree I've learnt to like and respect

The last posts have been some shocks to my concsiousness I have to admit and this is what my heart has to say.

I got it, now I know why people is so worried and angry about illegal immigration, even truly good people who have beautiful hearts and souls, but who are just rightfully protecting their homelands and children.

As much as I hate the idea of lots of people paying for the mistakes of others (I believe there's a difference from the violent protester, the thug and the poor immigrant who left because he really wanted to escape poverty) I believe that things have gotten out of control and something needs to be done, this is in the best interest of America, and in the best interest of Mexico as well, because it's straining the relationships, and it's giving my country a bad name she doesn't deserve (maybe the government, maybe some immigrants, not all) but not the country as a whole as in her essence

Unfortunately, just like you the only thing I can do is to pray for things to improve

But if there were something else I could do, I'll do it for sure!!

As a conclusion, I want to kindly ask you, please do not hate Mexico or her people because of illegal immigrants, please understand that we don't have control over them, some people do a lot to help this country you know? either with donations, creating jobs, teaching people, or simply being a good example.

May the divine light of God heal the world and our countries, love and light!

Yours truly

A brother who loves ya all, regardless of what your views are
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-30-2007, 09:25 AM

11,887 posts, read 36,945,034 times
Thanks Travelling Fella. I don't think the majority of Americans hate Mexico, the illegal immigrants (personally) or anything like that. We have a strong dislike for the situation we have been put in and have seen leadership in Mexico make demands on how we treat people here illegally and we just feel that we are being taken advantage of. People have worked hard over the decades upon decades to create a country that has a good infrastructure and quality of life for its citizens. Now, we see that quality of life disappearing and our own values as a country being questioned because we don't bow down to demands from people in other countries and people in our own country illegally.

To be honest with you, I'm MUCH more angry at our very own politicians than anyone. THEY are chiefly to blame for this whole mess, them and the greedy corporations that want slave labor. It's not enough their CEOs make 300 million a year, they need to make 400 million a year and see their stocks soar as they hire slave labor to keep their costs down while the average American sees their quality of life diminishing.

People in our own country are more guilty than anyone else. In your words I see hope for Mexico to become a much more stable country and I am glad that you have taken the time to post on this forum. Please stick around.

Old 11-30-2007, 09:36 AM

1,862 posts, read 3,345,386 times
Yes, stick around - I enjoy discussing things with you, and your questions that get us talking.

Our politicians are the most to blame, because they are not carrying out the will of the American people - they have the arrogance to think they know better than us how to handle the situation.

I think we could have a reasonable discussion about the issue IF the politicians were listening to Americans.

Old 11-30-2007, 09:51 AM

3,712 posts, read 6,481,919 times
Your input is very valuable and I hope you continue to post. It is very important to have someone in Mexico give their viewpoint. Some 'boots on the ground' so to speak.

Old 11-30-2007, 10:29 AM

16,087 posts, read 41,188,484 times
TF you are a valuable voice. Your youthful enthusiam is almost infectious -- some of us are just so tired and jaded on this subject.

I don't know of anyone who hates Mexico or Mexicans -- unless there are 10-15 living illegally in each house on your block. I'm sure we would feel the same about Swedes or any other group.

Old 11-30-2007, 10:33 AM

2,885 posts, read 1,988,382 times
Kudos to you Travelin for this reasonable, sane thread.

Old 11-30-2007, 11:27 AM

8,978 posts, read 16,566,840 times
Thank you for listening, TravellingFella---and for seeing both sides of the issue...

Old 11-30-2007, 11:58 AM

8,323 posts, read 15,180,203 times
Travelling Fella, as stated, many of us don't hate Mexico. Like many other, I classify illegals in a pit of their own. I'm glad we all could see into each other's world and understand each other.

Oh, and thanks to you, I'm going to surprise my honey with a quick trip to Mexico for Valentine's.

Old 11-30-2007, 12:52 PM

11,887 posts, read 36,945,034 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuharai View Post
Travelling Fella, as stated, many of us don't hate Mexico. Like many other, I classify illegals in a pit of their own. I'm glad we all could see into each other's world and understand each other.

Oh, and thanks to you, I'm going to surprise my honey with a quick trip to Mexico for Valentine's.
You should meet up with Travelling Fella. You'd be guaranteed to have a great time and see the best of Mexico, seriously. Travelling Fella, I don't know how often you make it to the states, but you're welcome in my neck of the woods anytime. I think if you got here I'd try and convince you to stay though. We need more sane, open-minded thinkers like yourself.

Old 11-30-2007, 02:00 PM

3,162 posts, read 11,442,114 times
Awwww pemy brothers, love and light!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration