Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-04-2007, 01:04 PM

29,391 posts, read 55,587,071 times

Advertisements

Border Patrol agents working at the U.S. Highway 70 checkpoint near Alamogordo caught an illegal immigrant Sunday, who was also wanted in Colorado for sexual assault on a child.

According to a Border Patrol news release Monday, agents encountered the man in a Honda Accord with two passengers. He displayed unusual mannerisms and became irritated, and after continued questioning admitted to being in the country illegally.

Alamogordo Daily News - Illegal immigrant wanted for rape held

Old 12-04-2007, 01:48 PM

3,432 posts, read 2,950,740 times
I'm going to write up an argument for getting these sorts of articles removed. It doesn't really prove anything.

Old 12-04-2007, 05:47 PM

2,433 posts, read 6,677,129 times
Thanks for the link John1960, it's important to keep these senseless crimes in the media forefront. If we had secure borders this crime wouldn't have occurred. Not only do illegals steal jobs, drive down wages, and commit other nonviolent crimes, they also cause a lot of people a lot of pain and suffering. We're stuck with our own criminals, it certainly makes no sense to import them.

Old 12-04-2007, 05:59 PM

8,323 posts, read 15,167,662 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProLogic View Post
I'm going to write up an argument for getting these sorts of articles removed. It doesn't really prove anything.
John posts good and bad articles concerning illegals. Last week there was the boy in the desert saved by an illegal. I don't see why we should cover up the bad stories of illegals and only post good ones.

Seems a little one-sided.

As far as the actual article goes, I don't agree with holding him and going through the entire legal system - that's designed for citizens. I think he should get immediately deported into some island in the middle of the Atlantic.

Old 12-04-2007, 06:39 PM

902 posts, read 717,913 times
Quote:
Yeah, wouldn't want the truth to get out, now would ya? LOLOLOLOL It figures Pro, it just figures.

Old 12-05-2007, 06:10 AM

1,266 posts, read 2,508,441 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuharai View Post
John posts good and bad articles concerning illegals. Last week there was the boy in the desert saved by an illegal. I don't see why we should cover up the bad stories of illegals and only post good ones.

Seems a little one-sided.

As far as the actual article goes, I don't agree with holding him and going through the entire legal system - that's designed for citizens. I think he should get immediately deported into some island in the middle of the Atlantic.
You are so correct. To remove the bad and keep only the good stories about illegals deeds would be like watching the network news. We sure don't need that!

Old 12-05-2007, 08:55 AM

9,601 posts, read 31,695,251 times
Quote:
Not so, ProLogic, much is proven by John's posts.

Primarily, they emphasize the need to CLOSE THE BORDER and ELIMINATE ALL INCENTIVES immediately, if not sooner!

Old 12-05-2007, 10:27 AM

12,669 posts, read 20,444,022 times
There are more bad articles because they commit crimes more than do good deeds....
That is not our fault..... It does make it difficult for the fighters for illegals though ya know the they just want a better life bla bla bla............
The news is already censured enough, which btw is not their job to do... It is their job to report the happenings and let us decide without any slant from the news source but that is becoming non existent these days, like we are little kids that cannot handle the truth or understand so they censure it for our own good and protection....... Please....

Old 12-05-2007, 10:31 AM

9,963 posts, read 18,496,447 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miborn View Post
There are more bad articles because they commit crimes more than do good deeds....
That is not our fault..... It does make it difficult for the fighters for illegals though ya know the they just want a better life bla bla bla............
The news is already censured enough, which btw is not their job to do... It is their job to report the happenings and let us decide without any slant from the news source but that is becoming non existent these days, like we are little kids that cannot handle the truth or understand so they censure it for our own good and protection....... Please....
In all seriousness, do you really think good deeds are reported on as often as bad deeds?
I would say it is a rare occurrence to hear something good at all.

Old 12-05-2007, 10:59 AM

9,601 posts, read 31,695,251 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miborn View Post
One positive change is still due, Miborn

Both local and national media reports need to address the illegals as just that, ILLEGALS, not these ridiculous PC terms.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration