U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-05-2007, 10:11 PM

3,712 posts, read 6,117,416 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProLogic View Post
I'm not saying that they don't, I'm saying that the religion highly forbids it. Especially Hispanic culture and abortion-- a subject always to lay off of. They have barely legalized abortions in Mexico. By barely, I'm talking about 2 or 3 months ago.
You are right, abortion was legalized in April 2007. So for many Mexican families this was not even an option to consider until recently.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/americas/6586959.stm
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-05-2007, 10:20 PM

3,432 posts, read 2,589,658 times
Who said Latinas were mostly the ones who had kids before they were married?

http://break.com/index/9th-grade-*****-on-maury.html (broken link) LOL!

Old 12-05-2007, 11:06 PM

902 posts, read 614,093 times
Quote:

What I want to know is why pro-illegal people always give the excuse for the criminals as citizens do it? Why in the hell would we want to import of the scum into this country? We already have enough problems with our own criminals and people of low morals. It isn't much different than the republicans always blaming Clinton for every thing that has ever happened and telling us that, he did it. Sounds like little elementary kids playing the gotcha game.

Old 12-06-2007, 09:12 AM

5,953 posts, read 17,103,953 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach50 View Post
Definitely a socio-economic thing. Just like it is here in America, you go to poor areas there are less educated people and younger people having babies.
True, but it seems like even in US-born poor areas, many people still value education, or at least understand that if they CAN get more education they'll do better. They may not be motivated to do it, but at least they're aware of that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach50 View Post
I don't think it is fair to say an entire group of people race or ethnicity "culture" are uneducated and irresponsible.
Neither do I. Back in the 1960s, we had several Cuban refugee families settle in our town. All those families placed a high value on education. Most of the parents had advanced degrees, and insisted that their children graduate from high school. Most went on to college. So it's sad to see this other aspect of Latino culture. I hope that will change as the younger ones grow up among more US attitudes. That is - if we can hang on through another generation or two.

Old 12-06-2007, 09:13 AM

5,953 posts, read 17,103,953 times
Quote:

Never did say that. It's terrible that kids of any background are having children. This is something we've GOT to do more educating on.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration