Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-13-2014, 06:19 PM

22,481 posts, read 12,018,893 times

Advertisements

I can discuss at length the effects on a town of an illegal population and it isn't pretty!
--------------------
^Ditto!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-14-2014, 04:53 PM

741 posts, read 764,781 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnywhereElse View Post
We have lived in several states and different cities but none highly populated with illegals until now. My son was attending a day center for people with DD and I got a note about "lice" and how I needed to check him for lice. Lice! I called the nurse and told her that I didn't know anything about lice and she said "Surely when he was in school this happened as my girls are bringing home notes all the time." Ah, no, he never attended school here. Also noticed a lot of bedbug products which I haven't seen where we had lived previously. Gives you a creepy feeling. There was a "mystery" illness at Animal Control that was killing dogs and it took a long time to identify and I think they said it was just Parvo and I'm thinking I bet not since that wouldn't have taken months to diagnose this with so many deaths. House goes on the market next month. I can discuss at length the effects on a town of an illegal population and it isn't pretty!
Sounds to me as if you've lived a sheltered life! When I was in elementary school 55 years ago you'd see kids with shaved heads ... because they'd had lice. And bedbugs? They seemed commonplace. It's not just "illegals" who bring the bugs. About the "mystery illness" comment: one of those science fiction/detective/CSI type show writers ought to have a talk with you guys! LOL!

Old 05-14-2014, 06:33 PM

62,997 posts, read 29,187,836 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Longford View Post
Sounds to me as if you've lived a sheltered life! When I was in elementary school 55 years ago you'd see kids with shaved heads ... because they'd had lice. And bedbugs? They seemed commonplace. It's not just "illegals" who bring the bugs. About the "mystery illness" comment: one of those science fiction/detective/CSI type show writers ought to have a talk with you guys! LOL!
Sure, so let's compound the problem by letting millions of illegal aliens slip through the cracks without any health checks. Makes perfect sense....not!

Old 05-15-2014, 02:59 PM

424 posts, read 468,298 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Everyone should be screened for health issues. Interesting that you think we should start with the Canadians though.
He's trying to say you're racist because they're white and you don't want screening for them! A classic diversion tactic.

Old 05-15-2014, 03:01 PM

Quote:
That was 55 years ago. I've never seen a kid with a shaved head in schools in my village. Why do you want to go back to the way things were 55 years ago?

Old 05-15-2014, 03:08 PM

62,997 posts, read 29,187,836 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wicket View Post
He's trying to say you're racist because they're white and you don't want screening for them! A classic diversion tactic.
Yep!

Old 05-16-2014, 09:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Sure, so let's compound the problem by letting millions of illegal aliens slip through the cracks without any health checks. Makes perfect sense....not!
Okay, let's round-up the 10+ million illegals ... corral them someplace in a desert area and pen them in, and then let's have them line up so some doctors can examine them ... before marching them back to whatever country they came from. Or, worse. You know what all of these ideas sound like, don't you? Let's get real. Well, that is ... if we're seriously interested in resolving the problem. I suspect all too many people just want to whine or suggest horrific measures ... as sort of a joke. Maybe there's a joke forum here at C-D where some of these things can be transferred to.

Old 05-16-2014, 09:26 AM

Quote:
That was 55 years ago. I've never seen a kid with a shaved head in schools in my village. Why do you want to go back to the way things were 55 years ago?
Why? Well if people continue to make what sound like silly suggestions/assertions maybe they need to be reminded that the problems they cite have been in this country for generations. But, it's easier to always point to THEM as the source of evil.

Old 05-16-2014, 09:50 AM

Quote:
Why? Well if people continue to make what sound like silly suggestions/assertions maybe they need to be reminded that the problems they cite have been in this country for generations. But, it's easier to always point to THEM as the source of evil.
Head lice has not been in this country for generations! Jeez dude. It was eradicated with basic cleanliness and is now coming back through a demographic that still has a ways to go here. Call an apple and apple.

Anyway, you don't have to "corral them someplace in a desert area and pen them in, and then let's have them line up so some doctors can examine them ... before marching them back to whatever country they came from." Nicely dramatic but all you really need to do is require eVerify and then fine the living sh-t out of employers who violate it and take their business licenses away. Thoughts on that?

Old 05-16-2014, 02:01 PM

Quote:
Head lice has not been in this country for generations!
You're living a sheltered life, or in an isolated part of the country if you don't know that head lice isn't a rare situation.

Quote:
Although reliable data on how many people in the United States get head lice
each year are not available, an estimated 6 million to 12 million infestations
occur each year in the United States among children 3 to 11 years of age.
Source: http://www.cdc.gov/parasites/lice/he...info/faqs.html

The discussion here isn't about E-Verify (which I strongly support), and if it was how does that relate to scabies, lice, etc? You're on the wrong page.

About scabies:

Quote:

Human scabies is caused by an infestation of the skin by the human itch mite
(Sarcoptes scabiei var. hominis). The microscopic scabies mite
burrows into the upper layer of the skin where it lives and lays its eggs. The
most common symptoms of scabies are intense itching and a pimple-like skin rash.
The scabies mite usually is spread by direct, prolonged, skin-to-skin contact
with a person who has scabies.

Scabies occurs worldwide and affects people of all races and social classes.
Scabies can spread rapidly under crowded conditions where close body contact is
frequent. Institutions such as nursing homes, extended-care facilities, and
prisons are often sites of scabies outbreaks.
Source: http://www.cdc.gov/parasites/scabies/
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration