Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-16-2014, 04:40 AM

3,091 posts, read 3,971,126 times

Advertisements

The surprise media coverage of the day for me was Harry Reid actually saying with a straight face that the border was secure.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-16-2014, 05:38 AM

24,832 posts, read 37,376,385 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carolac View Post
The surprise media coverage of the day for me was Harry Reid actually saying with a straight face that the border was secure.
Reid said income taxes are voluntary.

I guess he lives in a different world.

Old 07-16-2014, 06:04 AM

409 posts, read 512,607 times
Reid and Boehner should elope.

Old 07-16-2014, 06:37 AM

12,045 posts, read 6,587,017 times
The protests are growing nationwide - CNN has it on front page this morning
Some cities resist immigrant kid surge - CNN.com

Old 07-16-2014, 06:38 AM

671 posts, read 691,190 times
Default Educate via protests and letter-writing campaign

Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainrose View Post
LOL
Was reading through various cities joining this weekend's protest, and Richmond, VA is calling theirs
The CLOSE THE BORDER STUPID rally.
LOVE IT!!! True, right now, it IS as simple as that...isn't it? The only other thing one can discern from the "O" non-action is that he and his admin is COMPLICIT and has an ulterior motive for this to continue. So much for "transparency".

But the real SHAME is that, due to the facts and data already discussed on these threads, our country is being DECIMATED AND DESTROYED by these illegals, the cost, red tape, legal time, and the "machinery" it takes to care for this entire new faction/invasion of our country.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ntwrkguy1 View Post
Very interesting that quite a number of these protests are taking place on overpasses. Hopefully the local law enforcement doesn't shut them down before they get going.

There's one in Raleigh, NC at the Mexican Consulate. Given the sheer number of illegals here in NC (long before the Barack Oborder 'crisis'), that might prove to be an interesting event.

I have a committment Friday morning, but I will head there afterwards and see if I can get some video to upload.

This border nonsense is really starting to irritate me. Not that I had any before, but I've lost all respect for virtually all of our elected idiots.
Great job, ntwrkguy1!!! Can't wait to see what you record! I believe there are events also scheduled for Saturday.

I concur about the raising ire....I wasn't very "involved" until I recently really started delving into the articles posted on illegals.

Then, I began to read research and data more and more, started to participate more here on CD...I became more and more angered as I became more educated.

Education brings awareness...this awareness brings passion...this passion results in ACTION!

Regarding your post below...yes, that's my experience in glancing through the major network and cable channels, too. (CNN had smaller articles reserved for the illegals, and at times, FOX had both major headlines and minor ones...)

One wonders what the heck is going on???

Several possibilities here...
one, is the obvious leftist slant. This is perceived to be a partisan issue (it most certainly IS NOT, and SHOULD NOT be). It IS a political one, in that our gov't is not acting on this as it should, or as per the will of the people!!!

Second, many still blindly follow "O", the Emperor with no clothes on.

Third, it could be that the "O" admin. is pressuring them to be quiet (akin to DHS "ordering" the border agents not to talk, nor "allowing" the media at the border.)

Fourth, it could be that most of the journalists DON'T REALLY KNOW OR UNDERSTAND all of the devastating facts associated with the care and keeping of these illegals here.

- I certainly didn't. I didn't realize ALL of the negative ramifications and the SCOPE of the damage (the costs, the crime, all of the programs dedicated to them over our own children and citizens) until I really read more and educated myself.

So...at the very least, I'm hoping these protests will serve to EDUCATE our citizens, the journalists, AND our reps/senators!!!

***???? With this in mind, would anyone out there be up to the task of writing a well-informed letter we all could use in our letter-writing campaign to these "lower education" people, news agencies, gov't, etc.?
---- If so, include, in list form, perhaps the top 10-15 major problems that illegals and this crisis pose to our country. Have a bibliography of references at the end to substantiate the major points.

--------Post it in a new thread, available to all. (please post here, and the march on Washington thread, that the letter is up and running in another thread. (if that's allowed)

--------If there are any volunteers, even a "group" willing to work on it together, post here, please!

(I can't do this right now...dealing with a family emergency/tragedy. If anyone would step up in doing so, that would be great!!!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ntwrkguy1 View Post
And while I'm on the topic of being irritated, here are the top stories on CBS News - Breaking News, U.S., World, Business, Entertainment & Video You have to scroll down....way down......to see anything about the wave of illegals.

Man wins $1 million while on Rhode Island vacation - CBS News

Virginia man claims kingdom so his daughter can be a princess - CBS News

Why did Hitler fear modern art? - CBS News

"Why Did Hitler Fear Modern Art?" gets preference over the border crisis. Got it.
-wow...they're really "reaching" for stories to print, eh?

--Yikes. Maybe it's code??? "O" fears our protests???

Quote:
Originally Posted by carolac View Post
--When our gov't is able to lie so convincingly, it's time to boot them out!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Driller1 View Post
Reid said income taxes are voluntary.

I guess he lives in a different world.
---Oh yeah???? So, you mean we all don't have to pay for these illegals?????!!!!

---Doesn't the entire "O" admin???? Honestly, they all appear to be drinking the same Kool-Aid.

As usual, thanks for listening.... Dandiday

Old 07-16-2014, 07:04 AM

671 posts, read 691,190 times
Default CNN is reporting on the protests against illegals!

Quote:

Wow! I didn't see this before I posted! So, the word IS getting out there!!! OK, folks, write to your local news agencies about these protests as well!

Have your facts and data included!!! We must educate, educate, educate!!!

Great find, Mountainrose!!!

--thanks! Dandiday

Old 07-16-2014, 07:39 AM

20,524 posts, read 15,923,241 times
Quote:
Agreed and when things REALLY hits the fan; which they WILL soon, illegal aliens better get the hint that the US ain't a real good place to be for their lawbreaking kind. Illegal Irish, Chinese, Mexican and so on.

Old 07-16-2014, 10:38 AM

12,045 posts, read 6,587,017 times
What would be great is to see pictures of blacks, whites, Hispanics protesting all together as Americans .

Old 07-16-2014, 11:10 AM

63,006 posts, read 29,216,871 times
Quote:
What would be great is to see pictures of blacks, whites, Hispanics protesting all together as Americans .
I think we already saw that with the Murietta protests. However, in highly populated Hispanic areas I think you will see more of them protesting for the opposite. I read that in El Centro where that was the case that that there were no protesters against the busses of these Central Americans coming there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration