Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-09-2014, 07:20 AM

89,000 posts, read 44,813,405 times

Advertisements

Quote:
The conversation was raw with emotions from the perspective of black Americans struggling to survive. One man’s powerful argument brought the big picture closer to home for his defiant pro-illegal immigration opponents, when he asked this:

“If somebody brought six children to your house and you ain’t got no job, are you going to take them in?… Are you going to try to find out where they came from? Are you going to try to send them back?…What are we going to do for the people who are here who are starving already?… Why would we add to the problem?”
Video: Black protesters confront pro-Illegal immigrant supporters with raw passion - BizPac Review

Video (warning: foul language)

Murrieta Immigration Rally black americans debating July 4th - YouTube

Old 07-09-2014, 07:48 AM

24,561 posts, read 40,281,740 times
I'm glad to see this. The black community in the US has been disproportionately affected by this massive influx and I'm glad to see them speaking up.

Old 07-09-2014, 07:53 AM

8,061 posts, read 4,885,133 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDGeek View Post
I'm glad to see this. The black community in the US has been disproportionately affected by this massive influx and I'm glad to see them speaking up.
I am glad they have discovered a voice that is in their own self interest and their future.

Old 07-09-2014, 08:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GHOSTRIDER AZ View Post
I am glad they have discovered a voice that is in their own self interest and their future.
Yep. They're breaking with pro-illegal alien liberals after finally realizing how they're getting screwed by this. The awakening begins... VERY happy to see it.

Old 07-09-2014, 08:09 AM

24,561 posts, read 40,281,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GHOSTRIDER AZ View Post
Amen. Racism is alive and well in this country; people should not kid themselves that black people do not suffer discrimination just because we have a black president. I've seen it with my own two eyes and I've heard stories from black friends that are simply outrageous. These anecdotes don't come from the Jim Crow era either. They usually start off with "Last week I was out with some girlfriends," or "Last night my husband and I..."

I was once shopping with a black girlfriend of mine at a national chain that shall remain nameless. From the moment we entered the store to the moment we left, we were followed. (I'm white.) I had never been followed around that store before. I mentioned it to her afterwards and she waved her hand and said "Oh, it happens to me all the time." She was blase' about it. I asked her "Doesn't it make you mad?" She said "Hell yes it does, but I can't NOT shop for things just because other people are racists." The next time I went to that store (alone), I asked to speak to the manager and told him about our experience there. He apologized but I'm 100% sure that if we went in there together again, the exact same thing would happen.

Black people are being pushed out of the trades and semi-skilled jobs by illegal immigrants and the effects are devastating. Some people say it's a GOOD thing, since it will compel black people to move up the economic ladder. What they don't understand is that the rungs above them are already packed to the gills with people of all races laid low by the economy and there is simply no room to move up. They face almost insurmountable odds. It's like telling someone who can't pay their bills to buy a lottery ticket. Or hire a nanny.

Black men are routinely victimized by the justice system and convicted of crimes at far higher rates than white and Hispanic defendants, and are given harsher punishments. That's the simple truth. They are put in prison for things that white people would get away with with a warning or a slap on the wrist. They have fewer resources, on average, to mount a vigorous defense against those charges. As a consequence, a lot of them have criminal records and find it difficult to find work except in areas now dominated by illegal immigrants: labor and semi-skilled work. This simply adds insult to injury. "We're going to eff up your life worse than a white person or Hispanic person just because of the color of your skin, and guess what? When you get out of jail, NO JOB FOR YOU because we're pandering to OTHER lawbreakers." I don't think most white people understand how frustrating and unfair that is. I can see why a lot of young black men resort to petty crime to get by. I'm not excusing it, but I do understand it.

A lot of black women are single mothers, for reasons beyond the scope of this discussion. A single mother has it ROUGH. A lot of them string together minimum-wage jobs just to put food on the table and a roof over their kids' heads. Child support? Fuggedaboutit, for the reasons described above. Now we're telling them they should go back to school to retrain for a better job? With what money? Who's going to pay the rent? The light bill? Who's going to take care of the kids? Seriously?

This is the plight of the poor. Of ALL races. (For historical reasons, blacks are much more deeply affected by it than other races.)

I'm surprised there aren't more of them out protesting illegals, frankly.

Old 07-09-2014, 08:31 AM

22,229 posts, read 17,853,377 times
Interesting that you see this as an interesting "twist"....

Old 07-09-2014, 08:37 AM

20,524 posts, read 15,901,778 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDGeek View Post
Amen. Racism is alive and well in this country; people should not kid themselves that black people do not suffer discrimination just because we have a black president. I've seen it with my own two eyes and I've heard stories from black friends that are simply outrageous. These anecdotes don't come from the Jim Crow era either. They usually start off with "Last week I was out with some girlfriends," or "Last night my husband and I..."

I was once shopping with a black girlfriend of mine at a national chain that shall remain nameless. From the moment we entered the store to the moment we left, we were followed. (I'm white.) I had never been followed around that store before. I mentioned it to her afterwards and she waved her hand and said "Oh, it happens to me all the time." She was blase' about it. I asked her "Doesn't it make you mad?" She said "Hell yes it does, but I can't NOT shop for things just because other people are racists." The next time I went to that store (alone), I asked to speak to the manager and told him about our experience there. He apologized but I'm 100% sure that if we went in there together again, the exact same thing would happen.

Black people are being pushed out of the trades and semi-skilled jobs by illegal immigrants and the effects are devastating. Some people say it's a GOOD thing, since it will compel black people to move up the economic ladder. What they don't understand is that the rungs above them are already packed to the gills with people of all races laid low by the economy and there is simply no room to move up. They face almost insurmountable odds. It's like telling someone who can't pay their bills to buy a lottery ticket. Or hire a nanny.

Black men are routinely victimized by the justice system and convicted of crimes at far higher rates than white and Hispanic defendants, and are given harsher punishments. That's the simple truth. They are put in prison for things that white people would get away with with a warning or a slap on the wrist. They have fewer resources, on average, to mount a vigorous defense against those charges. As a consequence, a lot of them have criminal records and find it difficult to find work except in areas now dominated by illegal immigrants: labor and semi-skilled work. This simply adds insult to injury. "We're going to eff up your life worse than a white person or Hispanic person just because of the color of your skin, and guess what? When you get out of jail, NO JOB FOR YOU because we're pandering to OTHER lawbreakers." I don't think most white people understand how frustrating and unfair that is. I can see why a lot of young black men resort to petty crime to get by. I'm not excusing it, but I do understand it.

A lot of black women are single mothers, for reasons beyond the scope of this discussion. A single mother has it ROUGH. A lot of them string together minimum-wage jobs just to put food on the table and a roof over their kids' heads. Child support? Fuggedaboutit, for the reasons described above. Now we're telling them they should go back to school to retrain for a better job? With what money? Who's going to pay the rent? The light bill? Who's going to take care of the kids? Seriously?

This is the plight of the poor. Of ALL races. (For historical reasons, blacks are much more deeply affected by it than other races.)

I'm surprised there aren't more of them out protesting illegals, frankly.
"Race card" here:

IMHO it's because many; NOT all Black people "see" illegal aliens as fellow "people of color" so it doesn't make them so mad. If most illegal aliens had pasty white skin and light hair, then our American Blacks would be pissed, big time. Racism runs deep all the way round, even if people ain't aware of their own racism.

Old 07-09-2014, 08:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by florida.bob View Post
Interesting that you see this as an interesting "twist"....
It is interesting because it's a Black departure from the usual liberal line.

Old 07-09-2014, 09:08 AM

671 posts, read 690,427 times
Default Film of Murietta protesters - anti-illegals. GREAT video!

I don't see this as a "twist" at all. I just see another viewpoint from angry Americans, and rightly so!!! the Young man speaking about the "6 kids" makes a GREAT point! The young, attractive lady who said she was a poor child tossed from one foster home to another, had multiple great points...very well spoken and supported comments.

I'd like to see HER on the news as one represent of the protesters who are against these illegals.

As she said, we "can't take care of all of the poor children of the world". And, she brought up the cost and our national debt.

(For those of you who aren't aware of the COSTS of illegals, read the WELL-RESEARCHED Heritage Foundation's Report:

Cost of Unlawful Immigrants to the U.S. Taxpayers

Taking care of at least the 11 million illegals we had as of 2010, we will have to PAY OUT at LEAST $9 trillion dollars by the time they of retiring age!!! BTW, this is about 1/2 of our current National Debt!!!!!!

How on earth are we going to afford this? How, on TOP of this, are we going to afford these NEW illegal "kids" storming the border???

It sounds like this young lady read similar articles. Wish I could find out her name. Kudos to her!!!!

~Dandiday

Old 07-09-2014, 09:11 AM

1,735 posts, read 1,769,853 times
The man is right. We have our own poor to worry about.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration