Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-27-2014, 06:00 PM

20,524 posts, read 15,950,449 times

Advertisements

ARRIAGA, Mexico (AP) — U.S.-bound Central Americans are fleeing urban areas and hiking into the woods and low jungle for fear of being detained by Mexican officials rounding up migrants in southern Mexico.

Mexico officials pull CentAm migrants from trains

Wow. It looks like even Mexico's pissed at illegal aliens running through there trying to get to the US.

It wouldn't bother me to see Mexico play hardball with its illegal aliens especially since word is we ain't getting many Mexican illegals in 2014 compared to 2004.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-27-2014, 08:49 PM

22,538 posts, read 12,109,936 times
From the article:

Guatemalan migrant Guillermo Sismit, 38, who was deported from Miami and is trying to return to his two children in the U.S., was among about a dozen other migrants camped out near the tracks around two miles outside of Arriaga, sleeping on pieces of cardboard and drinking water from a nearby stream.

"Before we could stay in the town, but now we're exposed to everything in the woods, the animals, the police, the thieves, the narcos," Sismit said.

--------------------------
Oh cry me a river! He had no business going to the US in the first place. Then he got caught and deported. Too bad, too sad (NOT!).

It's clear that he didn't learn his lesson and now he is whining because he has to stay in the woods. I say it serves him right!

Old 08-27-2014, 08:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post
From the article:

Guatemalan migrant Guillermo Sismit, 38, who was deported from Miami and is trying to return to his two children in the U.S., was among about a dozen other migrants camped out near the tracks around two miles outside of Arriaga, sleeping on pieces of cardboard and drinking water from a nearby stream.

"Before we could stay in the town, but now we're exposed to everything in the woods, the animals, the police, the thieves, the narcos," Sismit said.

--------------------------
Oh cry me a river! He had no business going to the US in the first place. Then he got caught and deported. Too bad, too sad (NOT!).

It's clear that he didn't learn his lesson and now he is whining because he has to stay in the woods. I say it serves him right!
Agreed. Their entitlement attitude is dispicable and I'm being nice.

Old 08-27-2014, 09:01 PM

31,283 posts, read 22,274,005 times
I really feel empathy for these people but where do you draw the line, 1 million, 100 million. If this was just a handful of refugees it would be no issue, but a billion people around the world would do anything to become an American citizen. We can only absorb so many. Some say that was the way Rome fell. Is it worth it if one criminal amongst them kills 1 American Citizen?

Old 08-28-2014, 06:52 AM

671 posts, read 692,399 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
ARRIAGA, Mexico (AP) — U.S.-bound Central Americans are fleeing urban areas and hiking into the woods and low jungle for fear of being detained by Mexican officials rounding up migrants in southern Mexico.

Mexico officials pull CentAm migrants from trains

Wow. It looks like even Mexico's pissed at illegal aliens running through there trying to get to the US.

It wouldn't bother me to see Mexico play hardball with its illegal aliens especially since word is we ain't getting many Mexican illegals in 2014 compared to 2004.

VERY interesting article...it's about time that Mexico start to curb the problem from their end.

I can only wonder about the back-alley deals going on, as to just why this is now being done after the "flood" we had.
Any ideas?

Dandiday

Old 08-28-2014, 06:57 AM

16,431 posts, read 22,251,965 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DandiDay View Post
VERY interesting article...it's about time that Mexico start to curb the problem from their end.

I can only wonder about the back-alley deals going on, as to just why this is now being done after the "flood" we had.
Any ideas?

Dandiday
Obama is feeling the heat. His gambit backfired.

Old 08-28-2014, 07:01 AM

671 posts, read 692,399 times
Default where oh where

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bideshi View Post
Obama is feeling the heat. His gambit backfired.
I thought as much...
Of course, THAT won't be "reported". Where is an investigative journalist when you need one?

Dandiday

Old 08-28-2014, 07:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DandiDay View Post

Any ideas?

Dandiday
I don't know unless Mexico's scared the US WILL "get real" about closing down our border with it. The Central American "kid" thing has really pissed off a LOT of people. Too; word is those illegal aliens WILL be sent back on the spot and IMHO Mexico's scared to death that we'll NOT let them cross from there into the US so Mexico will be stuck.

Old 08-28-2014, 10:05 PM

2,075 posts, read 2,142,605 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
I don't know unless Mexico's scared the US WILL "get real" about closing down our border with it. The Central American "kid" thing has really pissed off a LOT of people. Too; word is those illegal aliens WILL be sent back on the spot and IMHO Mexico's scared to death that we'll NOT let them cross from there into the US so Mexico will be stuck.
I think that's it more than anything else. They just don't want us to kick them back across the border.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration