Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-02-2014, 10:08 PM

2,185 posts, read 6,451,206 times

Advertisements

Anyone know if any of these illegal kids are being sent to austin?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-02-2014, 10:24 PM

766 posts, read 1,260,594 times
Just so you know, the term "illegal" is dehumanizing. The correct term is undocumented.

Old 07-02-2014, 10:29 PM

684 posts, read 817,096 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by philopower View Post
Just so you know, the term "illegal" is dehumanizing. The correct term is undocumented.
No, they are here illegally and grow some thicker skin, seriously you people are soft.

Old 07-02-2014, 10:37 PM

615 posts, read 784,490 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MiaMia411 View Post
No, they are here illegally and grow some thicker skin, seriously you people are soft.
Have some compassion, these are children, not cattle.

Old 07-02-2014, 10:43 PM

684 posts, read 817,096 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petro View Post
Have some compassion, these are children, not cattle.
Doesn't matter, how did they get here? Send them right back, Mexico and the USA are different countries. Then maybe you should take them into your house , raise them, and pay for everything.

Old 07-02-2014, 11:52 PM

404 posts, read 714,153 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by llkltk View Post
Anyone know if any of these illegal kids are being sent to austin?
This makes absolutely no sense, other than displaying common ignorance.

Old 07-03-2014, 12:08 AM

10,130 posts, read 19,943,862 times
I agree the OP is very poorly worded. Perhaps the title and the OP should be changed to enable topic-appropriate responses. I don't agree with using the term illegal to describe a person, but I do understand why some people feel compelled to use it -- for adults who knowingly break the law. I guess they could also call them criminals, but that would be worse, no?

But for the kids -- no way. Under a certain age, they have no control of their situation. They are completely dependent on the adults who send them off and the smugglers who bring them in to this country. I don't think saying "No thanks, I'd like to go home" is ever an option for them. So it is important to show the appropriate compassion, for Christ's sake.

That said, I'm not aware of any of these children being sent to Austin, although it wouldn't surprise me. There are certainly a lot being sent to Lackland in San Antonio.

Old 07-03-2014, 01:26 AM

152 posts, read 197,687 times
What kind of complete a$$ hole do you have to be to not give a Damn about children? You've been watching way too much Fox entertainment television. Most of these kids don't speak Spanish and have never been to Mexico. Put yourself in the parents shoes. What would you do to provide your children with a better life? Probably not much considering your comment. I have 4 kids and I would violate many laws to protect and provide for them.

Old 07-03-2014, 01:34 AM

16,427 posts, read 22,266,401 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by philopower View Post
The correct term is criminal trespassers. Undocumented is someone that has lost their valid identification, but is legaly in the country.

Old 07-03-2014, 05:19 AM

5,184 posts, read 7,306,098 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 355spider View Post
What kind of complete a$$ hole do you have to be to not give a Damn about children? You've been watching way too much Fox entertainment television. Most of these kids don't speak Spanish and have never been to Mexico. Put yourself in the parents shoes. What would you do to provide your children with a better life? Probably not much considering your comment. I have 4 kids and I would violate many laws to protect and provide for them.
#1 - These children are almost universally from Guatemala, Honduras, and El Salvador and DO speak Spanish. One would think that someone calling names, and making snide assumptions about where others got their facts, would get their own facts right. Glass houses and such?

#2 - What "complete a$$ hole" called for “aggressive deterrence strategy focused on the removal and repatriation of recent border crossers"? Hint - it wasn't someone on "Fox entertainment television".

#3 - it all gets down to a couple of basic questions: If you don't have borders, do you have a country? Even if I consider my children would have a better life living in France, the French could care less. On a percentage basis, they are more aggressive in forcibly removing those "without papers" than we are. Because they recognize the second question - what are we responsible for? I'll stick with the French thought that we are responsible for those that are here legally. Once we stop killing our veterans because we ration their medical care, then I might consider the billions of additional expenses of anyone that can get to our border. Guess that makes me a "complete a$$ hole".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
View detailed profiles of: