Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-01-2014, 08:37 AM

1,701 posts, read 1,111,644 times

Advertisements

This was expected and no surprise. The question is: how wide is this going to spread? What about those that have already been released? What's the number 30,000? Does anyone believe that they were ALL medically cleared for release?? I certainly don't.

Click on Inspector General John Roth to read the report. Also note they visited 69 site locations. (Each location noted in the report as an attachment) 69!!! How many more are there??

Quote:
Inspector General John Roth wrote Wednesday to Homeland Security Secretary Jeh Johnson that sick children "require treatment for communicable disease, including respiratory illnesses, tuberculosis, chicken pox, and scabies."

A senior spokesman for the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention warned flu cases reported in late June at detention centers in southwest Texas and Arizona will possibly "spread to the local community and beyond," Slate reports.

"Drug-resistant tuberculosis also appears to have spread, with several counties in southern Texas reporting twice the usual average number of cases," Slate reports, adding the potentially deadly dengue fever has been detected in southern Texas for the first time since 2005 and "illegal immigrants, possibly from Mexico, are a likely source."
Homeland Security Report: Border Children Transmitting Diseases

While the government is going to pick up the bill for medical treatment of illegals, Americans exposed will have to go into their own pocket for treatment.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-01-2014, 08:41 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,741,517 times
We were told these kids were healthy.

I think one or two military bases went into lockdown due to chicken pox.
I guess these kids didn't get all their vaccinations like we were told.

Old 08-01-2014, 08:46 AM

5,094 posts, read 5,192,123 times
These kids should be declared "weapons of mass destruction" and refused entry into this country.

Old 08-01-2014, 09:17 AM

The PUBLIC Texas Health Alert Network went private about 3 weeks ago.
The PUBLIC can't see any alerts anymore as it now requires an ID/PW that only healthcare providers can get.

Chicken pox doesn't worry me at all but this drug resistant TB does.

Old 08-01-2014, 09:25 AM

3,943 posts, read 6,395,090 times
I just turned the channel and caught something interesting. I don't know who the woman was speaking, but she said "We check animals before they cross the borders for diseases, but we let ( I forgot the number she mentioned) illegals cross without checking them for diseases? I hadn't thought of that before, but it's true.

Old 08-01-2014, 09:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
The PUBLIC Texas Health Alert Network went private about 3 weeks ago.
The PUBLIC can't see any alerts anymore as it now requires an ID/PW that only healthcare providers can get.

Chicken pox doesn't worry me at all but this drug resistant TB does.
Chicken pox, scabies, lice, rashes, TB - I don't think most people want to be exposed to any of that.

I was thinking about the planes they were travelling on. When a plane is "disinfected" it isn't the kind of disinfectant that kills any of the diseases or living creatures on their bodies that they are carrying.

Old 08-01-2014, 09:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jess5 View Post
I just turned the channel and caught something interesting. I don't know who the woman was speaking, but she said "We check animals before they cross the borders for diseases, but we let ( I forgot the number she mentioned) illegals cross without checking them for diseases? I hadn't thought of that before, but it's true.
My cat has been transported 3 times - Dubai to US, US to Malaysia, now Malaysia to Dubai. I can't tell you the amount of paperwork required from both sides, which includes blood tests before she can enter a country then is inspected when she arrives to her destination for clearance. She had to be quarantined in Malaysia for 7 days (7 very long days for me!!!).

So yes, it is something to think about.

Old 08-01-2014, 09:54 AM

8,016 posts, read 5,901,506 times
The odds of illegal aliens from a third-world country being completely disease free are virtually nil.

And yet the 535 morons in D.C. seem to be oblivious to this fact.

Old 08-01-2014, 10:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by triple8s View Post
Chicken pox, scabies, lice, rashes, TB - I don't think most people want to be exposed to any of that.

I was thinking about the planes they were travelling on. When a plane is "disinfected" it isn't the kind of disinfectant that kills any of the diseases or living creatures on their bodies that they are carrying.
And how long do those guys really have to totally disinfect a plane ?
There's articles where journalists took swabs off of seat rests, tables, etc. and 9 times out of 10 found some serious germs.

Old 08-01-2014, 10:13 AM

24,832 posts, read 37,455,825 times
I go to Honduras at least once a year.......sometimes more.

I was there most of June and July last year.

Never have I caught anything.......just saying.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration