Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-03-2014, 04:41 PM

22,542 posts, read 12,125,626 times

Advertisements

My father is a native-born Puerto Rican. His family moved to New York when he was a young child back in the 1920s. At that time, there weren't many PRs in NY. He's 89 now and is a WWII vet who saw action at D-Day. Due to his age, he figures that he will never need to have to show his birth certificate to anyone for any reason.

Old 08-03-2014, 05:45 PM

25,021 posts, read 28,019,607 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post
My father is a native-born Puerto Rican. His family moved to New York when he was a young child back in the 1920s. At that time, there weren't many PRs in NY. He's 89 now and is a WWII vet who saw action at D-Day. Due to his age, he figures that he will never need to have to show his birth certificate to anyone for any reason.
I see. I'm originally from the northern San Juan metro area near the coast. My father's old neighborhood was overrun by illegals from the Dominican Republic and became a dump just as bad as northern Mexico. That's the primary reason we got out, otherwise we would have stayed if the crime rate didn't soar and schools didn't precipitously drop in quality, not that they were great to begin with. Trust me, you have no idea how badly I want the illegals gone, too. Rep. Luis Gutiérrez probably never had to deal with illegals in his neighborhood, he's a sad excuse for a Puerto Rican

Old 08-03-2014, 06:07 PM

10,285 posts, read 7,908,680 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariadne22 View Post
I never even HEAR English, much less get to an English option, without hearing a whole bunch of Espanol gobbledygook FIRST. Drives me up a !@#$%^&* wall. Don't call a CS line for ANYTHING anymore. Just can't stand it. So gd disrespectul to every English speaking citizen that in an English speaking country we are forced to listen to Espanol idiocy FIRST, BEFORE we can get to ENGLISH. I'm really, really sick of American citizens being second in their own country. And, then, people wonder how racism develops. I don't, anymore.
Totally agree.

Old 08-03-2014, 06:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
I see. I'm originally from the northern San Juan metro area near the coast. My father's old neighborhood was overrun by illegals from the Dominican Republic and became a dump just as bad as northern Mexico. That's the primary reason we got out, otherwise we would have stayed if the crime rate didn't soar and schools didn't precipitously drop in quality, not that they were great to begin with. Trust me, you have no idea how badly I want the illegals gone, too. Rep. Luis Gutiérrez probably never had to deal with illegals in his neighborhood, he's a sad excuse for a Puerto Rican
I agree---Luis Guitierrez is a disgrace to Puerto Ricans. Apparently, he got that way because when he was a teen, his parents moved the family from IL to the mountains in PR. Luisito was treated as an outsider. He says that because of his experience he knows what it is like for illegals and that's why he says he's in congress---to be there for illegals. The sad thing is that his constituents don't seem to care and keep re-electing him.

I lived in PR for a while as a kid and graduated HS there. I know what life is like there and still have lots of relatives who are still living on The Island.

Old 08-03-2014, 06:18 PM

63,334 posts, read 29,409,763 times
Quote:
I agree---Luis Guitierrez is a disgrace to Puerto Ricans. Apparently, he got that way because when he was a teen, his parents moved the family from IL to the mountains in PR. Luisito was treated as an outsider. He says that because of his experience he knows what it is like for illegals and that's why he says he's in congress---to be there for illegals. The sad thing is that his constituents don't seem to care and keep re-electing him.

I lived in PR for a while as a kid and graduated HS there. I know what life is like there and still have lots of relatives who are still living on The Island.
Bet it the majority of these illegals were Chinese he would be singing a different tune.

Old 08-03-2014, 06:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Bet it the majority of these illegals were Chinese he would be singing a different tune.
That's certainly true!

Corrupt Illinois democrat politics gerrymandered a district just for him. Apparently, it's mostly filled with low information voters who think nothing of electing someone who has admitted he's in congress to serve illegals---the heck with his constituents! I feel sorry for the smart people in his district.

Old 08-03-2014, 07:04 PM

1,279 posts, read 1,846,844 times
Quote:
Okay. I know that you are Puerto Rican. Yet, you seem to defend illegal immigration. If you don't, you sure have a funny way of showing it

If you do defend illegal immigration, you are throwing our fellow Puerto Ricans under the bus. Were you born on The Island? If so, have you gotten a new copy of your birth certificate since your old birth certificate is now null and void? The Puerto Rican government was forced to declare all Puerto Rico issued birth certificates null and void because so many Puerto Ricans have been victims of ID theft by illegals. Some Puerto Ricans didn't even realize that their ID was stolen until the police/FBI showed up to arrest them for crimes they didn't commit. I told my father about this but he says at his age he seriously doubts that he will have to show his birth certificate to anyone for any reason (I hope he's right). You, however, are young enough that this should be a concern for you if you were born on The Island.

Aha! Looks like I was right. You can tell from his constant ignorant defending of the illegals that he wants them here. Why? Because he is one of them!! Bwahaha! This guy defends illegals because they are his people.

He claims that he wants them gone too, but yet whenever there is a thread about them, about how our culture is going down the drain, he defends them, just like he has in THIS thread! Here is a clue: you can't defend them in threads and then claim you want them gone too when we call you on it. Actions speak louder than words, but you seem to not be able to comprehend this simple concept.

Old 08-03-2014, 07:23 PM

25,021 posts, read 28,019,607 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tac-Sea View Post
Aha! Looks like I was right. You can tell from his constant ignorant defending of the illegals that he wants them here. Why? Because he is one of them!! Bwahaha! This guy defends illegals because they are his people.

He claims that he wants them gone too, but yet whenever there is a thread about them, about how our culture is going down the drain, he defends them, just like he has in THIS thread! Here is a clue: you can't defend them in threads and then claim you want them gone too when we call you on it. Actions speak louder than words, but you seem to not be able to comprehend this simple concept.
LOL think what you want I'm not an illegal immigrant. I'm a born and bred US citizen, these illegals are not. What, you didn't know Puerto Ricans are American citizens? You suffer from reading comprehension problems, for sure. Sorry, but being against illegal immigration because they broke the law is different from outright hating them, which is what you are, a hater, plain and simple. If you're going to make accusations about me, then I accuse you of being a Hispanophobe, I just want them gone because they broke the law, not because of anything else

Old 08-03-2014, 08:05 PM

1,701 posts, read 1,111,326 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
Or, maybe, I don't live in a major metropolitan area like you do?

Well then it's safe to say that illegals would fit right in where you live.

Old 08-03-2014, 08:14 PM

1,701 posts, read 1,111,326 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackShoe View Post
It would appear that the subtle sarcasm was missed. California and the Southwestern states have been so overun by the illegals that the hint was that any day now English will become the secondary language.

With the push (demand?) that Americans who only speak English learn Spanish, it would be a good possibility that English become the secondary language. And it would go beyond Cali and Southwestern states since other states have become dumping grounds for the new families and children. The argument to learn Spanish might even become stronger when lazy illiterate illegals get their "right of passage" from Obama to stay in the US.

After all, this administration thinks that English speaking Americans do their part to help these illegals and learning Spanish, THEIR language, would be just one more way Americans fulfill their "obligation" to help illegals.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration