Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-25-2014, 07:51 AM

1,456 posts, read 1,511,449 times

Advertisements

The Pentagon Will Allow Undocumented Immigrants to Join the US Military
https://news.vice.com/article/the-pe...he-us-military

I am surprised actually that this has not existed for many years. The US needs more warm bodies to send to wars overseas and there are not enough Americans who want to go. The children of the politically powerful are now too precious to fight like average people-so the must find more bodies to send.

I find it reprehensible that we can take their lives for granted. Just as I am pissed off we send our own American children to fight these useless wars.

I agree with the conservatives on this one funnily enough. "As a result, everyone from immigration advocates to Republican congressmen are pissed off."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-25-2014, 08:34 AM

62,974 posts, read 29,162,429 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by creepy View Post

I am surprised actually that this has not existed for many years. The US needs more warm bodies to send to wars overseas and there are not enough Americans who want to go. The children of the politically powerful are now too precious to fight like average people-so the must find more bodies to send.

I find it reprehensible that we can take their lives for granted. Just as I am pissed off we send our own American children to fight these useless wars.

I agree with the conservatives on this one funnily enough. "As a result, everyone from immigration advocates to Republican congressmen are pissed off."
So now Obama is going to override another law? The law currently states that illegal aliens cannot join our military. No, we don't have a shortage of warm American bodies to join our military. In fact many of our youth are enlisting because there is a job shortage in this country. There are more Americans that want to join our military than there are positions for them. We certainly don't need foreigners who hold allegience and citizenship to another country in our military and getting first dibs on joining.

Old 11-25-2014, 02:04 PM

1,250 posts, read 1,489,469 times
I thought that there were already illegals in the military.

Old 11-25-2014, 04:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruhms View Post
There may be but they didn't enlist legally then. Could have used fake documents or a recruiter that looked the other way. By law illegal aliens are not allowed in our military.

Old 11-25-2014, 09:15 PM

6,262 posts, read 5,072,162 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
So now Obama is going to override another law? The law currently states that illegal aliens cannot join our military. No, we don't have a shortage of warm American bodies to join our military. In fact many of our youth are enlisting because there is a job shortage in this country. There are more Americans that want to join our military than there are positions for them. We certainly don't need foreigners who hold allegience and citizenship to another country in our military and getting first dibs on joining.
Illegals will be allowed to join military ranks while at the same time the military has been ordered to downscale its forces in every branch of service over the next few years. Officers in the field have already received pink slips while still out of country.

Soldiers survive combat, then lose their jobs

This administration increasingly disgusts me.

Old 11-25-2014, 10:01 PM

4,666 posts, read 5,096,166 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by creepy View Post

This idea is ****ing brilliant <sarcasm>. They don't speak English, we cannot verify their background, and we are going to give them weapons and training...

Old 11-26-2014, 12:38 AM

2,410 posts, read 4,458,748 times
There was someone some years ago that was killed in the Middle East and when he was shipped home they did a ceremony and granted him U.S. citizenship at the funeral. Maybe he was just green card? I don't know. I was under the impression that you had to be a full U.S. citizen to enlist, but apparently not.

Old 11-26-2014, 01:19 AM

9,418 posts, read 13,504,065 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bruhms View Post
I thought so too, so I looked it up snopes.com: Military to Enlist Illegal Immigrants?

Old 11-26-2014, 05:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cb73 View Post
There was someone some years ago that was killed in the Middle East and when he was shipped home they did a ceremony and granted him U.S. citizenship at the funeral. Maybe he was just green card? I don't know. I was under the impression that you had to be a full U.S. citizen to enlist, but apparently not.
You don't have to be a citizen to enlist. You merely have to be in our country legally.

Old 11-26-2014, 06:03 AM

7,800 posts, read 4,402,596 times
During the Vietnam War didn't the government offer citizenship to any foreign nationals who fought for the USA? Nothing new here...EXCEPT..

I remember reading a few years ago how Latin and Central American gang members were joining the armed forces to get military training. I thought the Pentagon was cracking down on that problem. (Though this problem is not limited to illegals as citizens may also have ulterior motivatios of course). I would prefer native born to be members of the armed forces, but foreign nationals can be every bit of loyal. The Pentagon needs to do a thorough back check check to see who is joining and why though.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration