U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-26-2009, 10:43 AM

2,260 posts, read 3,455,046 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arizona Bound View Post
They will take over America.. if we sit by and do nothing!

Mexican flag raised over post office in Maywood, CA.
Don't expect the Democrats to do anything they're possible votes, unfortunately that is more important to them.

I still think we should build a concrete wall and anyone that comes over illegally should be shot on sight.
How dare they do that!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Bastards!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-26-2009, 12:31 PM

149 posts, read 439,099 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
I for one am not budging! This is exactly what some of the pro-illegal alien groups want Americans to do and that's leave areas like CA. Not happening.
Well, my biggest reason for leaving California is the cost of living. Any way you slice it, the cost of living in California is utterly ridiculous. There is no comparison whatsoever between the cost of living in California, and the cost of living in Indiana. Indiana wins by a huge margin (and so does just about every other Midwestern state).

In California, a small, one-bedroom apartment costs between $1,000-1,500 per month; In Indiana, you pay $300-$400 a month for the same exact thing!

But the very reasonable cost of living is just the tip of the iceberg... IN Senate Bill 335 and the crackdown on Illegals in Indiana, only make me want to live there even more. Sorry, but the fact of the matter is this: the politicians in Indiana have testicular fortitude, and the politicians in California have none.

And remember '1AngryTaxPayer', just because you retreat from battle, does not necessarily mean you'll lose the war. Sometimes, the best thing you can do when you're outnumbered, is to fall back and regroup.

I for one, will never give up my condemnation of the illegal act of crossing America's borders - no matter where I live. I will also remain an outspoken and ardently harsh critic of illegal aliens, all the days of my life. And I will still be called things like "racist" and "bigot" by the angry Mexicans, but I'm immune to their feeble attempts at drawing sympathy from me.

No can do, Mr./Mrs. Illegal Alien. If the first thing you do in America is break one of our laws, there's only one thing you can do right... And that is go straight back to the country from whence you came - regardless of where you're from!

Sorry, but them's the rules!

Old 01-26-2009, 01:01 PM

21,146 posts, read 38,444,745 times
That is why I still live here in Arizona: our cost of living (Phx area) is comparable to Indiana but none of that '4 season weather' crap to deal with.

And; we here take a much harder line with illegal aliens than quasi-liberal California.

Old 01-26-2009, 01:23 PM

149 posts, read 439,099 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
That is why I still live here in Arizona: our cost of living (Phx area) is comparable to Indiana but none of that '4 season weather' crap to deal with.
Yeah, but I'm not a fan of the desert. Flagstaff is about the greenest place in the state, from what I understand... and even that's too dry for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
And; we here take a much harder line with illegal aliens than quasi-liberal California.
Quasi? You must've been away from California for a while... the state is actually about 95% liberal. Ventura and Orange Counties are the only counties in the entire state that are Republican (and conservative).

Suffice it to say, we need folks like Maricopa County, AZ Sheriff Joe Arpaio real bad! Him, and Tom Tancredo. Neither of these guys take any guff from illegals, or their supporters.

Old 01-26-2009, 02:24 PM

21,146 posts, read 38,444,745 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CornerstoneEagle04 View Post
Yeah, but I'm not a fan of the desert. Flagstaff is about the greenest place in the state, from what I understand... and even that's too dry for me.
I am a Desert Rat at heart as I found out; note I am referring to places like Kingman, etc. that has some natural vegetation due to 10" a rain a year. Dense foliage does get on my nerves like either the PNW or back east.

Quote:
Quasi? You must've been away from California for a while... the state is actually about 95% liberal. Ventura and Orange Counties are the only counties in the entire state that are Republican (and conservative).

Suffice it to say, we need folks like Maricopa County, AZ Sheriff Joe Arpaio real bad! Him, and Tom Tancredo. Neither of these guys take any guff from illegals, or their supporters.
Actually; in a lot of regards, I self identify as a 'Liberal'---------with the notable exceptions of gun owner rights and illegal immigration.

Old 01-26-2009, 07:10 PM

17,444 posts, read 25,078,935 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CornerstoneEagle04 View Post

Unaware of who Ventura County voted for in the last election? I'd characterize Ventura County as more moderate than OC or Riverside County (and Riverside also voted for Obama - making OC the only Southern California county which went for McCain).

And you're forgetting about the inland counties of Northern California.

Quote:
Arpaio's honesty and financial practices are in a league with Bernard Madoff. The guy should be in prison for a LOT of reasons. Tancredo is completely nuts and is a diagnosed schizophrenic.

Old 01-26-2009, 08:06 PM

4,800 posts, read 8,059,423 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by majoun View Post
Arpaio's honesty and financial practices are in a league with Bernard Madoff. The guy should be in prison for a LOT of reasons. Tancredo is completely nuts and is a diagnosed schizophrenic.
Links to back your inflammatory statements please.....

Old 01-27-2009, 02:18 AM

17,444 posts, read 25,078,935 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kele View Post
Links to back your inflammatory statements please.....
Look at Tancredo's draft records. He was refused admission by the US Army during Vietnam because the military shrinks said he was schizo.

Old 01-27-2009, 07:31 AM

1,474 posts, read 2,111,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by majoun View Post
Look at Tancredo's draft records. He was refused admission by the US Army during Vietnam because the military shrinks said he was schizo.
He asked for links not inflamatory personal opinion.
Far as we know your draft records might reveal the same. Just saying...........

Now me.................I wish the shrinks had not let me in during the draft..........Viet nam was soooooooooooooooooooomuch fun.

"come on all you big strong men".............................

Old 01-27-2009, 01:05 PM

2,476 posts, read 2,359,586 times
Sick sick...liberals running the asylum.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or