U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-27-2009, 04:57 PM

216 posts, read 473,815 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Quasi? You must've been away from California for a while... the state is actually about 95% liberal. Ventura and Orange Counties are the only counties in the entire state that are Republican (and conservative).
Some suburbs in the Sacramento metropolitan area have a conservative majority.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-27-2009, 11:27 PM

197 posts, read 243,310 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arizona Bound View Post
They will take over America.. if we sit by and do nothing!

Mexican flag raised over post office in Maywood, CA.
Reminiscent of the civil rights movement of the 60's, at that time there were roughly 30 million african americans in the country, nowadays there are over 60 million hispanics in our country, do you think it makes sense
to rattle them for nothing, just because there is a very small, usually poorly educated minority, that are racist?????,, stupid isn't it??

Old 01-27-2009, 11:32 PM

59,117 posts, read 78,022,170 times
tolerance has gone too far. now you know tearing down the american flag at the post office and flying the mexican is breaking the law. watch the video who are the police protecting and defending? now you know who the police work for dont you. the illegals are here bek our government wants them here. its not us vs them its us vs us.

Old 02-10-2009, 01:00 PM

149 posts, read 439,170 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
tolerance has gone too far. now you know tearing down the american flag at the post office and flying the mexican is breaking the law. watch the video who are the police protecting and defending? now you know who the police work for dont you. the illegals are here bek our government wants them here. its not us vs them its us vs us.
Concur 100%.

It reminds me of something a good friend once told me...

The toughest battle you will fight in your life is for control - and your greatest enemy will be yourself.

And the whole "Law Enforcement allied with illegals, against the commonwealth" situation underlies an issue that is far more volatile and destructive:

We have become our own worst enemy... and if the Department of Defense is right, and we do indeed get "WMD'd" by the year 2013...

Well, remember what happened in the most recent version of War of The Worlds? You know, where everyone took up arms against each other in violent panic and desperation?

You can bet your bippy that if a WMD attack on America were to happen today (or even 4 years from now), the scenario would be no different - and the 12 million illegal aliens here right now, would only add more fuel to the fire.

Suffice it to say, the inwardly-directed anger and hostility among Americans - against each other - is about 10% short of reaching Critical Mass (pardon the pun).

The possibility of America getting attacked on a mass scale - either chemically, biologically, radiologically, or through nuclear means - is far more real than most people realize. In fact, it's nothing short of a miracle that a WMD attack on America has not happened already.

Iran's nuclear weapons program is running full speed ahead... and if Israel cannot stop them in time, then we are in big trouble. Because Obama sure as hell is not going to let us intervene militarily! In fact, he actually believes it is possible to negotiate with Ahmadinejad!

And trust me: If Israel does not succeed in stopping Iran, and America drops the ball (which it most likely will, thanks to Obama)... no other country will intervene militarily. They will just continue to "talk" with Ahmadinejad, despite the fact that he will not be deterred in his plans to annhiliate Israel and America (unless the 'diplomacy' comes in the form of bombs, rockets, missiles and bullets). Remember: Ahmadinejad is a homicidal maniac, who is irrational and will not listen to reason.

Bottom Line: We - as a country - are running out of time in defending America against another terrorist attack (which would be far worse than 9/11, I hate to say)...

And the most important thing our Government can do - right now - is to secure the Southern and Northern borders of the United States.

The previous president got his "Q's and "N's" mixed up: He should have sent us to IRAN, not Iraq... so now we are on the defensive in the Global War on Terror, and must prepare for the worst case scenario.

I am sad for my country... and quite frankly, I feel betrayed. I hope America receives the miracle it needs, because I believe in my country and all of the values, freedoms, liberties, etc. that all to often are taken for granted - even if the Office of The President, the Congress and the Senate no longer value those things.

That's all... just something that's been heavy on my mind for a while.

Old 02-10-2009, 01:26 PM

21,146 posts, read 38,454,100 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mori-vivi View Post
Reminiscent of the civil rights movement of the 60's, at that time there were roughly 30 million african americans in the country, nowadays there are over 60 million hispanics in our country, do you think it makes sense
to rattle them for nothing, just because there is a very small, usually poorly educated minority, that are racist?????,, stupid isn't it??
I have no problem 'rattling' illegal aliens irrespective of their actual race/ethnicity.

Besides: the economy is making things veeeery 'unpleasant' illegals these days

Old 02-10-2009, 01:52 PM

1,087 posts, read 2,465,089 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arizona Bound View Post
ANYONE who thinks it was ok to remove an American flag that was on American soil and replace it with a mexican flag.. is ANTI-AMERICAN!
Our American flag means much MUCH more to most Americans than just hanging on a pole!
Are the Sons and Daughters of the Confederacy ANTI-AMERICAN too? I know of a few states where the confederate flag was flying where the US flag should be.....?

Old 02-10-2009, 02:12 PM

4,800 posts, read 8,061,314 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mori-vivi View Post
You believe that the taking down of the American flag and the raising of the flag of a foreign government on U.S. soil is reminiscent of the Civil Rights movement? If that analogy were not so nesceint and ignorant, it would be laughable.

Perhaps the poorly uneducated pot is calling the supposed minority black?

Old 02-10-2009, 02:29 PM

21,146 posts, read 38,454,100 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CLTKing View Post
Are the Sons and Daughters of the Confederacy ANTI-AMERICAN too? I know of a few states where the confederate flag was flying where the US flag should be.....?
At least the American South is still a part of the USA: as for the Stars and Bars being flown--------let those folks continue to do so (within US law). As it stands; it is fading in importance as a symbol beyond its original meaning.

That stated: flying the Mexican flag in a 'political' manner is asking for trouble.

Old 02-10-2009, 03:17 PM

124 posts, read 496,906 times
This thread was dead from the very beginning. People who rant about the Mexican flag being flown instead the USA one as AB stated in a "political" manner, are right.

There is no excuse for the people who did those demostrations to show that kind of behavior and I agree that they should had been finned or arrested.

Everything was said and the topic was exhausted. Just a reminder: Those who disrespected your flag and incited violence in the name of Mexico and it´s people are noone representatives or spokespersons. I for one are truly embarrased of their actions and demands.

I do understand why Americans feel outraged. I can assure you that those remarks about Mexicans reclaiming what was ours and the like are made by a small minority of alleged Mexicans (they could be from anywhere else).

So with all due respect:

Cheers!

Old 12-13-2009, 02:01 PM

47,531 posts, read 62,917,424 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alxtronics View Post
This thread was dead from the very beginning. People who rant about the Mexican flag being flown instead the USA one as AB stated in a "political" manner, are right.

There is no excuse for the people who did those demostrations to show that kind of behavior and I agree that they should had been finned or arrested.

Everything was said and the topic was exhausted. Just a reminder: Those who disrespected your flag and incited violence in the name of Mexico and it´s people are noone representatives or spokespersons. I for one are truly embarrased of their actions and demands.

I do understand why Americans feel outraged. I can assure you that those remarks about Mexicans reclaiming what was ours and the like are made by a small minority of alleged Mexicans (they could be from anywhere else).

So with all due respect:

Cheers!
True. The Mexicans here waving flags and behaving obnoxiously benefit neither country. For all the love they claim they have for Mexico, the only thing they'll do for it is leave and then put it down, claim that people are starving and that Mexico is too horrible for them to live there.

If Americans think Mexico is horrible, it's because they hear that from the pro-illegals who like to claim it is because that's the only excuse they really have for breaking all the laws of this country.

It would be impressive if some of those Mexican flag wavers would actually return home and work to improve their own city or village. Leaving really benefits no one but of course themself. And that benefit is merely money or materialistic.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or