U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-08-2008, 09:57 PM

1,252 posts, read 816,587 times

Advertisements

I find it odd that usually the most rabid of those who get worked up about our flag, don't give it the respect as is legally proscribed for it.

If someone's wearing an American flag on their t-shirt, that's not an acceptable display of our flag, that person has no grounds to tell anyone else not to disrespect our flag, that person is showing their own disrespect for our flag.

When I see someone giving the flag the respect it's due, they usually aren't the people out making noise about our flag.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-09-2008, 09:59 AM

8,973 posts, read 15,282,710 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by User 2 View Post
I find it odd that usually the most rabid of those who get worked up about our flag, don't give it the respect as is legally proscribed for it.

If someone's wearing an American flag on their t-shirt, that's not an acceptable display of our flag, that person has no grounds to tell anyone else not to disrespect our flag, that person is showing their own disrespect for our flag.

When I see someone giving the flag the respect it's due, they usually aren't the people out making noise about our flag.
But don't you think this says as much about "class"---or "good breeding"--as it says about anything else?....Some people just don't believe in storming through the streets, trashing things, yelling, and throwing objects...but that doesn't mean they're WRONG--or don't CARE about issues....it only means they don't "act like that"...

The lasttime I remember AMERICANS acting like that, was during the turbulent days of the Vietnam War--Nixon--Watergate era. It wasn't "pretty", and normally, as I said, American middle-class culture frowns on such outbursts. That shouldn't be taken as a sign we don't CARE, however....

Old 01-09-2008, 10:10 AM

1,861 posts, read 3,090,787 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by macmeal View Post
But don't you think this says as much about "class"---or "good breeding"--as it says about anything else?....Some people just don't believe in storming through the streets, trashing things, yelling, and throwing objects...but that doesn't mean they're WRONG--or don't CARE about issues....it only means they don't "act like that"...

The lasttime I remember AMERICANS acting like that, was during the turbulent days of the Vietnam War--Nixon--Watergate era. It wasn't "pretty", and normally, as I said, American middle-class culture frowns on such outbursts. That shouldn't be taken as a sign we don't CARE, however....
Exactly correct. The Americans who are against this invasion have more class than to shout in the streets and throw things at police. As I said before, we have spoken LOUD and CLEAR this past year, more than ever. They are beginning to listen, but only because they know they have to now.

There is no WAY that the American people don't care about this invasion. We shot down the "shamnesty" bill TWICE. That was US, We the People of the United States, baby!! We jammed all the switchboards in Washington. Comon now - we write, we call, we fax, we e-mail our representatives constantly.

And, what about those citizens from EVERY state who have been down to the border with the Minutemen? What about all the new groups that have sprung up to stop illegal immigration? What about all the petitions on the internet? What about MAKING the media take this seriously, and MAKING our candidates take this seriously?

We have done LOTS!

Old 01-09-2008, 10:15 AM

2,482 posts, read 8,205,811 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arizona Bound View Post
ANYONE who thinks it was ok to remove an American flag that was on American soil and replace it with a mexican flag.. is ANTI-AMERICAN!
Our American flag means much MUCH more to most Americans than just hanging on a pole!
As much as I completely despise anyone throwing the word "anti-American" around, I really think I have to agree with you in this case. Anyone that thinks throwing the national symbol around like its a useless piece of cloth is unworthy of the liberties and labors of this country.

Old 01-09-2008, 11:49 AM

185 posts, read 331,478 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blacknight04 View Post
I love the way people just assume things. No facts to back up ridiculous claims. The title of the thread is very misleading and the mods should close it because there is nothing that shows they were illegal mexicans.
Who cares if it was an illegal or not? The disrespect for our flag, and indeed our nation that day was a sign of what's happening to our nation in general.

It's a Mexicans birthright to break into America, or so they think. They are fed propaganda from childhood, the crap about Assland, the southwest belongs to Mexico, blah, blah blah.

$45 billion was sent in remittences to south America in 2006, $30 billion of it went to Mexico. Do you think that little pansy Calderone is going to give that up without a fight? The president of Mexico is using his citizens as pawns and emptying the country of all it's able bodied people so he can continue enjoying his oligarchy. Fixing Mexico is the last thing he wants!

The incident in Maywood is what we can come to expect across the nation, all the way to the Canadian border.

Old 01-09-2008, 12:03 PM

4,828 posts, read 7,097,661 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cribster View Post
Who cares if it was an illegal or not? The disrespect for our flag, and indeed our nation that day was a sign of what's happening to our nation in general.

It's a Mexicans birthright to break into America, or so they think. They are fed propaganda from childhood, the crap about Assland, the southwest belongs to Mexico, blah, blah blah.

$45 billion was sent in remittences to south America in 2006, $30 billion of it went to Mexico. Do you think that little pansy Calderone is going to give that up without a fight? The president of Mexico is using his citizens as pawns and emptying the country of all it's able bodied people so he can continue enjoying his oligarchy. Fixing Mexico is the last thing he wants!

The incident in Maywood is what we can come to expect across the nation, all the way to the Canadian border.

Old 01-09-2008, 12:11 PM

1,304 posts, read 3,055,442 times
say blacky.. when war breaks out against the mexicans.. which side of the fence will you be on?

Old 01-09-2008, 12:15 PM

4,800 posts, read 8,052,531 times
Quote:
say blacky.. when war breaks out against the mexicans.. which side of the fence will you be on?
I'll give ya three guesses and the first two don't count.....

Old 01-09-2008, 12:22 PM

4,828 posts, read 7,097,661 times
Quote:
I'm not mexican or even latino and war is not going to break out with mexico.

Old 01-09-2008, 12:28 PM

1,304 posts, read 3,055,442 times
ya still didnt completely answer the question.. so, which side of the fence?
umm.. forget it,, we already know!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or