Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-21-2011, 04:02 PM

15,171 posts, read 18,572,319 times

Advertisements

The mode of entry should not determine the penalty. An attempted illegal entry is an attempted illegal entry, period. All apprehended illegals should receive the same treatment, whether they enter by crossing the desert, swim the Rio Grande, or come by boat. Now, we are giving preferential treatment to illegals who cross by land. Oh, that’s right, Haitians generally come by boat.

Quote:
In an attempt to discourage illegal immigrants from coming into the country by sea ---- often on overloaded, unsafe boats ---- federal authorities say those who get caught will face tougher penalties.

Now, all illegal immigrants who try to come in by sea will face formal deportation procedures, authorities said. That means they will be banned from coming into the country legally for five years.
REGION: Illegal immigrants caught at sea to face tougher penalties
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-21-2011, 04:44 PM

6,612 posts, read 12,846,356 times
I agree Benicar. I think this should be standard procedure for all caught attempting to cross the border illegally.

Old 03-21-2011, 04:52 PM

14,306 posts, read 13,326,956 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Opyelie View Post
I agree Benicar. I think this should be standard procedure for all caught attempting to cross the border illegally.
I agree also. What difference does it make what avenue they take to enter our country illegally? No matter how they get here they should all face the same stiff penalties.

Old 03-21-2011, 05:14 PM

15,171 posts, read 18,572,319 times
Clearly, there is a double standard. Perhaps Janet Murguia and the ethnocentric La Raza struck a deal. Rather than granting her requested moratorium on immigrants from Africa, perhaps they compromised with the Haitians. Of course, they couldn’t specify Haitians, but we all know they are the primary illegals attempting to enter by boat. They certainly can’t be referring to Cubans, due to the wet foot/dry foot policy. In any case, something stinks.

Old 03-21-2011, 08:44 PM

3,875 posts, read 3,873,520 times
It's about time, Calif. has definitely seen an uptick of Illegal Aliens using sea routes to invade.

How secure can the US really be when practically anyone can just sail in to S. Calif.?

Old 03-21-2011, 09:50 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,671,010 times
That means they will be banned from coming into the country legally for five years.

That's going to stop them!What a joke!

Old 03-21-2011, 10:28 PM

13,387 posts, read 19,440,735 times
I'm just glad that everyone caught is immediately detained and then deported. Instead of considering it a minor, victimless crime, where they're all released.

I'm waiting for the advocates to start screaming, "RACIAL PROFILING!"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration