Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-14-2008, 04:37 PM

3,432 posts, read 2,949,756 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arizona Bound View Post
you will only ever get play-on words, mixed/twisted/stray to suit them, from the illegal-lovers!
I have family who are illegals and I love them. So yes, I am an illegal lover.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-14-2008, 04:42 PM

1,304 posts, read 3,341,713 times
and so if you give refuge to an illegal.. you are commiting a FELONY.. you would be just as much of a criminal as the ones who sneak across.. actually.. more so,,, because giving refuge to an illegal is a FELONY!

Old 01-14-2008, 04:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arizona Bound View Post
and so if you give refuge to an illegal.. you are commiting a FELONY.. you would be just as much of a criminal as the ones who sneak across.. actually.. more so,,, because giving refuge to an illegal is a FELONY!

Yea, your accusing me of something I never spoke on (giving refuge). We invited an illegal family member to eat. Looks like I'm a big time criminal!

Old 01-14-2008, 04:51 PM

8,978 posts, read 16,551,829 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ian6479 View Post
Immigrants are immigrants. My wife is one here, and I would be one there. The original statement (as well as most others made by the poster in question) are hugely bigoted because they gereralize an entire group of people (and in a hugely negative manner), and who's arguments frame nothing more than angry ranting based on an understanding similar to that of a fruit bat and quantum physics.
).
Immigrants are immigrants---OK, I can't argue with that. Some are legal, some are not, but as you say, all are immigrants. Some people obey laws, others flout them, but they're all people, after all. I don't see your point, but will defer to your deep understanding of life in the US....you're obviously privy to information that I don't have. After all, If you are English, in your eyes, we're an "illegal NATION"....so I can't argue.

I did learn something from your post, though--- I now have a new appreciation for those who are "generalized" (or 'gereralized') by others. Thanks for the eye-opener....

Old 01-14-2008, 04:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProLogic View Post
Yea, your accusing me of something I never spoke on (giving refuge). We invited an illegal family member to eat. Looks like I'm a big time criminal!
I think that if the market value of the ingredients in the meal exceed $10.00, it's a felony. Anything less ($9.99 and below---or ANY Fast Food)--is a misdemeanor.....a 'sack lunch' for the road doesn't count against your total...

Old 01-14-2008, 04:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by macmeal View Post
I think that if the market value of the ingredients in the meal exceed $10.00, it's a felony. Anything less ($9.99 and below---or ANY Fast Food)--is a misdemeanor.....a 'sack lunch' for the road doesn't count against your total...

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!! Now that is funny.

Old 01-14-2008, 04:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProLogic View Post
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!! Now that is funny.
Just keep your receipts---you never can be sure...

Old 01-14-2008, 07:38 PM

17,291 posts, read 29,393,781 times
Once a "Hispanic" immigrant has a child in the United States, Canada, UK, Ireland, South Africa, Australia, New Zealand, or any other they lose their "Hispanic" identity and become "Brittanican." Same thing with blacks, whites, Asians, etc throughout the former and present British commonwealth. We ignore the diversity of the population of the former colonies held by Britain, and by virtue of the fact that an individual is living within the former British empire, they all get the same, new ethnicity, and lose their own.

It's JUST AS VALID (or INVALID!) to refer to all British derived societies in this way as it is to refer to "Hispanics" as an ethnicity or any sort of "group identifier."

Old 01-14-2008, 07:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TriMT7 View Post
Once a "Hispanic" immigrant has a child in the United States, Canada, UK, Ireland, South Africa, Australia, New Zealand, or any other they lose their "Hispanic" identity and become "Brittanican." Same thing with blacks, whites, Asians, etc throughout the former and present British commonwealth. We ignore the diversity of the population of the former colonies held by Britain, and by virtue of the fact that an individual is living within the former British empire, they all get the same, new ethnicity, and lose their own.

It's JUST AS VALID (or INVALID!) to refer to all British derived societies in this way as it is to refer to "Hispanics" as an ethnicity or any sort of "group identifier."
I heard there were a lot of indians in Britain. Is it easier for indians to become citizens in Britain?

Last edited by ProLogic; 01-14-2008 at 08:03 PM..

Old 01-14-2008, 08:00 PM

47,525 posts, read 69,672,493 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by User 2 View Post
They need to grow a pair?

I hear that reference quite a bit lately.

Is that something of a fascination?
Yes. They need to grow a pair. Like the American Civil Rights Movement -- did American blacks just sneak over illegally into another country? Would that have changed anything?

No. They stayed and worked for positive change.

It's interesting how Mexicans will get out in our streets by the millions -- but they won't work for change back home.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration