Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-14-2008, 05:23 PM

21,144 posts, read 42,120,382 times

Advertisements

Quote:
As Chandler residents regroup following a man's arrest in the rapes that terrorized the city for 18 months, immigration advocates are bracing for the angry tide over illegal immigration to wash over the Valley again.

From talk radio to lunch-time talk, Santana Batiz Aceves' status as a Mexican national who was deported twice before his weekend arrest in the "Chandler Rapist" case will be cited by both those who advocate a hard-line stance on immigration and those who are sympathetic to the plight of undocumented immigrants.

Experts agree that as details of the reported series of attacks on young girls emerge, they will harden the public's attitude toward illegal immigrants - especially because assaults against children are among the worst types of crimes, they say.
Arizona Republic article (broken link)

Despite my hardcore anti illegal immigrant attitude: as I have commented on in the past; what worries me is innocent people who look stereotypically 'Hispanic' may wind up being injured or worse.

I am referring to light skinned 'Black' folks, Indians both American and East as well as dark skinned Anglos.

That stated: every time that an illegal immigrant from Mexico commits boneheaded crimes; he/she does more and more damage to the pro illegal cause.

Old 01-14-2008, 05:25 PM

3,432 posts, read 2,949,756 times
You and Arizona Bound have proved something to me. You guys will look for any scraps you may find to throw dirt on illegals. That of which to me, is said. I'd rather see more economic impact articles than this.

Old 01-14-2008, 05:29 PM

902 posts, read 717,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
Arizona Republic article (broken link)

Despite my hardcore anti illegal immigrant attitude: as I have commented on in the past; what worries me is innocent people who look stereotypically 'Hispanic' may wind up being injured or worse.

I am referring to light skinned 'Black' folks, Indians both American and East as well as dark skinned Anglos.

That stated: every time that an illegal immigrant from Mexico commits boneheaded crimes; he/she does more and more damage to the pro illegal cause.
Very true indeed AB. They also do harm to the law abiding legal and citizen Hispanics. It is a shame but they started it and it will be their fault when it gets worse than what is being done right now.

Old 01-14-2008, 05:31 PM

1,252 posts, read 1,046,936 times
How many anti-illegal proponents have been busted for rape?

Wow, there's a whole bunch of them...

I'll start a new thread though....

Maybe a thread for each one....

Old 01-14-2008, 05:41 PM

25,100 posts, read 39,246,649 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProLogic View Post
You and Arizona Bound have proved something to me. You guys will look for any scraps you may find to throw dirt on illegals. That of which to me, is said. I'd rather see more economic impact articles than this.
While you would like to see more economic impact articles PL - they would all be "negative" as in, costing the taxpayers Billions of dollars.

AND, the facts are; here is a scumbag, who happens to be illegal, who was twice deported, who has permanently scarred young women - Women do not get over being raped PL -

I wish that we could give him the death penalty. I know we can't but .....

Old 01-14-2008, 05:55 PM

21,144 posts, read 42,120,382 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by User 2 View Post
How many anti-illegal proponents have been busted for rape?

Wow, there's a whole bunch of them...

I'll start a new thread though....

Maybe a thread for each one....
Go for it.

I certainly have no problem with castrating a forceable rapist

Old 01-15-2008, 04:23 PM

1,252 posts, read 1,046,936 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
Go for it.

I certainly have no problem with castrating a forceable rapist
One's predilections in regards to crime punishment aren't relevant to the issue.

My point was that if the forum is for discussing immigration issues, posting each and every crime hasn't fostered any debate about what can be done to stop crime.

These crimes aren't any different than other crimes as regards to budget cuts to local law enforcement.

Sure, one can say if the person wasn't here, that crime wouldn't have happened.

But what does stating that accomplish? Not much other than to express an opinion.

What would help prevent these crimes?

More funding for police, ....something that is not proposed or supported.

In fact, each time someone proposes that local law enforcement should take on new responsibilities, like enforcing federal laws the feds don't enforce, the result is less local police for local crime enforcement.

The feds should be made to enforce fed law, that's what they get paid for.

When the local police have to do the fed's job, the police don't receive any money and they have to cut back on what they used to do as far as local enforcement.

As more and more local police are asked to do more and more in the way of enforcing federal law, expect to see a rise in crimes that they will no longer be able to focus on.

I guess it depends on what one expects to achieve,

......effective policy changes, ....or just another chance to express an opinion.

Old 01-15-2008, 04:28 PM

608 posts, read 1,004,711 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by User 2 View Post
One's predilections in regards to crime punishment aren't relevant to the issue.

My point was that if the forum is for discussing immigration issues, posting each and every crime hasn't fostered any debate about what can be done to stop crime.

These crimes aren't any different than other crimes as regards to budget cuts to local law enforcement.

Sure, one can say if the person wasn't here, that crime wouldn't have happened.

But what does stating that accomplish? Not much other than to express an opinion.

What would help prevent these crimes?

More funding for police, ....something that is not proposed or supported.

In fact, each time someone proposes that local law enforcement should take on new responsibilities, like enforcing federal laws the feds don't enforce, the result is less local police for local crime enforcement.

The feds should be made to enforce fed law, that's what they get paid for.

When the local police have to do the fed's job, the police don't receive any money and they have to cut back on what they used to do as far as local enforcement.

As more and more local police are asked to do more and more in the way of enforcing federal law, expect to see a rise in crimes that they will no longer be able to focus on.

I guess it depends on what one expects to achieve,

......effective policy changes, ....or just another chance to express an opinion.
Don't bother! It is obvious they have already made up their minds. Which pretty much goes against the purpose of a "forum" - a public meeting place or medium for open discussion voicing of ideas or debate. But hey it is a free country.

Old 01-15-2008, 04:30 PM

9,986 posts, read 18,665,225 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HoustonCynic View Post
Don't bother! It is obvious they have already made up their minds. Which pretty much goes against the purpose of a "forum" - a public meeting place or medium for open discussion voicing of ideas or debate. But hey it is a free country.
yes we have, many of us with good reason.

Old 01-15-2008, 04:36 PM

1,304 posts, read 3,341,713 times
Free for those who sneak across the border.. and Americans pay for it!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration