Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-10-2015, 07:36 AM

20,524 posts, read 15,931,341 times

Advertisements

A Republican in one of the reddest counties in the state, Youngblood had riled the Democratic governor when he announced that his department would defy the Trust Act, a law signed by Brown that restricts cooperation between local law enforcement officials and federal immigration agents.

The sheriff said the law put him in an impossible position, stuck between a federal program that relies on local jails to hold inmates who might be deportable and a state law that says inmates in jail for low-level crimes can't be detained past their release dates.

Kern County sheriff a defiant California maverick on immigration - LA Times

Jerry Brown: tough! Fed law trumps state law so try ENFORCING the laws against illegal aliens.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-12-2015, 01:51 AM

22,509 posts, read 12,055,173 times
We need more sheriffs like him!

Old 04-23-2015, 11:06 PM

7,687 posts, read 5,135,423 times
The American Politician has destroyed this country. It doesnt matter what party you vote for. Reagan gave almost 3 million illegals amnesty in 1986. He could have stopped the problem then, but he started what we have today.

Vote republicrat, because your vote means nothing anyway!!

Old 04-24-2015, 07:15 AM

63,055 posts, read 29,256,181 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by westcoastforme View Post
The American Politician has destroyed this country. It doesnt matter what party you vote for. Reagan gave almost 3 million illegals amnesty in 1986. He could have stopped the problem then, but he started what we have today.

Vote republicrat, because your vote means nothing anyway!!
No actually, Reagan was promised by congress that the border would be secured. It didn't happen and he regretted signing that amnesty. But either way, several administrations forward have been responsible for allowing this problem to accelerate. I don't like terms like "republicrat" or "demorat". I like to keep it on the adult level without name calling.

Old 04-24-2015, 07:53 AM

20,524 posts, read 15,931,341 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
No actually, Reagan was promised by congress that the border would be secured. It didn't happen and he regretted signing that amnesty. But either way, several administrations forward have been responsible for allowing this problem to accelerate. I don't like terms like "republicrat" or "demorat". I like to keep it on the adult level without name calling.
I CAN understand westcoastforme being quite pissed because the Repubs AND Dems are trying to sell us regular Americans up the river over illegal aliens.

Old 04-24-2015, 10:13 PM

268 posts, read 241,566 times
Good on the Sheriff. Always great to see someone stand up against Obama's and Jerry Brown's dumb polices.

Old 04-25-2015, 02:41 AM

7,687 posts, read 5,135,423 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Reagan screwed us, just admit it. So has every other president in the last 30 years, in reference to illegal immigrants

Old 04-25-2015, 06:23 AM

63,055 posts, read 29,256,181 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by westcoastforme View Post
Reagan screwed us, just admit it. So has every other president in the last 30 years, in reference to illegal immigrants
I don't think he did it intentionally as he thought only 300,000 would come forward when it turned out to be 3 million. Congress also promised to secure the border and they didn't. In hindsight he lived to regret it and if had known that it would create a much larger flood like we have today I doubt that he would have done it. I am not excusing him but it is important to know how it went down and yes every administration since then has ignored this problem and allowed it to accelerate.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration