Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-25-2008, 09:53 PM

4,829 posts, read 7,746,166 times

Advertisements

Quote:
An Iraq war veteran who grew up in the United States says the country he fought for now wants to send him back to Mexico.

He went to war a soldier but somehow returned as an illegal immigrant.
But the soldier says he is not going down without a fight.
By all accounts, Orlando Castaneda is an American hero.
He says "I loved the GI Joes i just wanted to be a GI Joe." He spent 12 months in Iraq fighting for our freedom but then, just a few months after returning home, Castaneda received this deportation letter

Quote:
His parents brought him to the United States from Mexico illegally when Orlando was just three years old
Without a Country: Iraq War Vet Gets Deportation Papers | WOAI.COM: San Antonio News
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-25-2008, 10:11 PM

3,432 posts, read 2,949,756 times
Any illegal who would give their life for the U.S by fighting in Iraq should automatically become a citizen.

Old 01-26-2008, 05:52 AM

1,304 posts, read 3,341,713 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProLogic View Post
Any illegal who would give their life for the U.S by fighting in Iraq should automatically become a citizen.
I agree.. but what about the ones who sneak over only to spit-out babies.. do you think just because they didn't get caught before giving birth here.. do you think they should have any rights by breaking our laws to begin with? Do you think mommy-illegal has any rights? Do you think it's right for mommy-illegal in thinking that.. if I can sneak across without getting caught and spit-out a few babies.. they'll get automatic citizenship and they most likely will not deport me because of my babies? Should mama-illegal be required to go thru the LEGAL channels BEFORE coming here to having babies.. what do you think?

Old 01-26-2008, 06:03 AM

20,300 posts, read 22,213,219 times
This vet has options. He most likely will not be deported. I am grateful for his service. However, as an illegal he knows the risks. If I had my way he would be granted permenant resident status for his service. Citizenship upon completion or whats required of all immigrants. He should be angry with his parents for cheating the system that is now be held against him. I know that I would be.

Old 01-26-2008, 06:59 AM

902 posts, read 717,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
This vet has options. He most likely will not be deported. I am grateful for his service. However, as an illegal he knows the risks. If I had my way he would be granted permenant resident status for his service. Citizenship upon completion or whats required of all immigrants. He should be angry with his parents for cheating the system that is now be held against him. I know that I would be.
I agree with you. I guess that would be part of those famous family values that we are told about.

Old 01-26-2008, 07:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arizona Bound View Post
I agree.. but what about the ones who sneak over only to spit-out babies.. do you think just because they didn't get caught before giving birth here.. do you think they should have any rights by breaking our laws to begin with? Do you think mommy-illegal has any rights? Do you think it's right for mommy-illegal in thinking that.. if I can sneak across without getting caught and spit-out a few babies.. they'll get automatic citizenship and they most likely will not deport me because of my babies? Should mama-illegal be required to go thru the LEGAL channels BEFORE coming here to having babies.. what do you think?

and it's VERY discusting that our government will use military forces to help close borders on foreign soil.. but they won't lift a finger to secure our own borders!

Old 01-26-2008, 07:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arizona Bound View Post
This story has nothing to do with "anchor babies".

Old 01-26-2008, 07:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
The recruiters told him he would be given legal status if he served. Btw, he is married to a U.S citizen.

Old 01-26-2008, 07:56 AM

2,260 posts, read 3,880,345 times
Obviously we have to make an exception for the 5 illegals who have served in in Iraq

The 11,999,995 others need to GTF out

Old 01-26-2008, 08:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blacknight04 View Post
This story has nothing to do with "anchor babies".
Guess it's a bit too hard for you to give an honest answer.. easier to shrug it off as nothing to do with ILLEGALS????????????????????????????????
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration