Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-29-2008, 07:49 AM

1,211 posts, read 1,482,511 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ioncre View Post
giving a better way of life..???? you probably have mental problems and accepted it like you americans are thought, but somewhere else in the world people like you are treated so they can have a normal way of life. this is the country with most mental issuses. because america dosen t care and keeps fidding them all kind of garbage.

all YOU americans, YOU have the rascism in YOUR vains and the hate for the close ones, but all YOU are just some fake identity. YOU pretend YOU some good people and loving and caring and fare, but all this isn t true. YOU just want to make a nice beautiful picture for the other countries in the world to see, but YOU are just as fake as the smiles YOU put on YOUR face every day. i came legal to america for a better life ,what a mistake because YOUR life is very low ranked. YOU don t know what living life really is!!! i am not hispanic, but without them america's economy will go down. without the immigrants america will fall.
Don't let the door hit you in the butt whin you leave.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-29-2008, 07:56 AM

1,211 posts, read 1,482,511 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProLogic View Post
Sadly you got that right.. American flags made in china. What have we come to!
You don't have to buy American flags made in china. The ones I have are USA made. If it's not made in America don't but it go else where. But be sure to let that non American store no why you are leaving. I bought my American made flags at WalMart..

Old 01-29-2008, 08:01 AM

1,304 posts, read 3,331,170 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ioncre View Post
giving a better way of life..???? you probably have mental problems and accepted it like you americans are thought, but somewhere else in the world people like you are treated so they can have a normal way of life. this is the country with most mental issuses. because america dosen t care and keeps fidding them all kind of garbage.

all YOU americans, YOU have the rascism in YOUR vains and the hate for the close ones, but all YOU are just some fake identity. YOU pretend YOU some good people and loving and caring and fare, but all this isn t true. YOU just want to make a nice beautiful picture for the other countries in the world to see, but YOU are just as fake as the smiles YOU put on YOUR face every day. i came legal to america for a better life ,what a mistake because YOUR life is very low ranked. YOU don t know what living life really is!!! i am not hispanic, but without them america's economy will go down. without the immigrants america will fall.
Well. you COULD always try mexico.. or south america.. you should fit right in... they don't like Americans either!
If you are so hateful towards America and Americans.. why in the he## would you even bother to come here in the first place.. now who is the mental one!

Old 01-29-2008, 08:18 AM
Yac

6,049 posts, read 7,690,614 times
I am leaving ioncres post as an example of what happens when a troll baits and You all fall for it. There is NO POINT in replying because the person came here only to state what was on his mind, upset you all and go somewhere else.
Please, instead of feeding the troll with replies, report and ignore
Yac.

Old 01-29-2008, 12:02 PM

9,763 posts, read 10,490,701 times
Quote:
There are a lot of Americans who hate America.
There are people who hate my wife's cooking, as well. They can criticize her all they want, outside our home. Only I can criticize her cooking inside our home, because it's my home, and she's my wife.

Get the point?

Old 01-29-2008, 04:08 PM

15,370 posts, read 38,979,635 times
Quote:
So what about a german who was the son of german immigrants and he flew the german flag above the American flag?
then EXACTLY the same thing should and probably WOULD happen.

Old 01-29-2008, 06:05 PM

18 posts, read 38,792 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozark-Baby View Post
Well, it is. The facts are that NO flag is to be flown above our country's flag. On top of that, just the fact that the Mexicans would prefer to fly the Mexican flag as opposed to the American flag shows them to be traitors and should all be deported after having any citizenship taken from them.
For the sake of playing devil's advocate then, please refer me to the law that makes it illegal, as in a chargeable offense. I am not in any way arguing with you at all - read my previous post - I just would like to know for my own personal information.

Trust me - such actions upset me just as much as anyone else on this thread who has indicated as such. It's just an FYI question for me...as far as I always knew there is a federal flag code and it is a public law, but it does not impose penalties for misuse of the flag.Several states have laws known as "forbidden flags"....but I don't see Nevada on any such list.

Anybody know the exact legal answer?

Old 01-29-2008, 06:10 PM

18 posts, read 38,792 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dynimagelv View Post
then EXACTLY the same thing should and probably WOULD happen.
I believe it did - I believe such instances in the early 1900s are what prompted Teddy Roosevelt's famous (or not so famous depending what side you are on) speech about "one flag, one nation"....

Old 01-29-2008, 08:36 PM

307 posts, read 519,935 times
Flying an american flag below another countries flag is not illegal. If a particular state or county has a law making it illegal it would be a slam dunk to get it over turned on First Amendment rights. If you think otherwise please post the Legal statute and court case.

The veteran who took it down "Could" be charged with various crimes, however a prosecutor would have to be insane to file charges. I saw the interview with the Vet when this first happened, and he seemed to be the sort who even if he was charged would be proud to accept his punishment for his "civil disobediance". Something many who practice civil disobediance fail to accept.

Random U

Old 01-29-2008, 08:52 PM

1,156 posts, read 2,083,454 times
Quote:
So what about a german who was the son of german immigrants and he flew the german flag above the American flag?
Who and when was that, or your imagination. Germans would not do that in this day and age.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration