Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-01-2015, 06:20 PM

20,524 posts, read 15,897,524 times

Advertisements

In late September, Jeb Bush was still trying to clarify his use of the phrase "anchor babies," which has been evoked to describe the children of Latin American parents who cross the border illegally to obtain American citizenship for their kids. Bush had first said in late August that the words referred to "Asian people coming into our country having children." Donald Trump ripped him (as did Asian-American activists and academics) for everything from race-baiting to tone-deaf inaccuracy.
His choice of words might have been clumsy, but Bush had his facts straight, referring to a potentially fraudulent multimillion-dollar cottage industry that caters to affluent Asians (often from China and South Korea) who travel to have their babies on U.S. soil. Flying here to give birth is not illegal, but it is illegal to lie about the purpose of a visit to consular or immigration officials or to instruct others on how to skirt immigration law.

The Truth About Asian "Anchor Babies" and Skirting Immigration Law - Hollywood Reporter

Something's going on when even "lib" Hollywood starts making "unkind" comments about anchor kids. Unless the pundits have a gut feeling that Trump will either win the election or; the person who does win will turn AGAINST illegal aliens and birthright citizenship.

Even the words "Anchor Babies" raise red flags when used in ANY news story.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-01-2015, 06:28 PM

62,878 posts, read 29,110,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
In late September, Jeb Bush was still trying to clarify his use of the phrase "anchor babies," which has been evoked to describe the children of Latin American parents who cross the border illegally to obtain American citizenship for their kids. Bush had first said in late August that the words referred to "Asian people coming into our country having children." Donald Trump ripped him (as did Asian-American activists and academics) for everything from race-baiting to tone-deaf inaccuracy.
His choice of words might have been clumsy, but Bush had his facts straight, referring to a potentially fraudulent multimillion-dollar cottage industry that caters to affluent Asians (often from China and South Korea) who travel to have their babies on U.S. soil. Flying here to give birth is not illegal, but it is illegal to lie about the purpose of a visit to consular or immigration officials or to instruct others on how to skirt immigration law.

The Truth About Asian "Anchor Babies" and Skirting Immigration Law - Hollywood Reporter

Something's going on when even "lib" Hollywood starts making "unkind" comments about anchor kids. Unless the pundits have a gut feeling that Trump will either win the election or; the person who does win will turn AGAINST illegal aliens and birthright citizenship.

Even the words "Anchor Babies" raise red flags when used in ANY news story.
That's true that many Asian women do that but why did Bush leave out the fact that many of those women coming through our southern border illegally are doing the same thing with the same intent? I'd venture a guess why he didn't but I think most in here can guess the reason why.

Old 10-01-2015, 06:33 PM

20,524 posts, read 15,897,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
That's true that many Asian women do that but why did Bush leave out the fact that many of those women coming through our southern border illegally are doing the same thing with the same intent? I'd venture a guess why he didn't but I think most in here can guess the reason why.
I catch what you're saying but; "outing" the Asians doing that IS a big deal because many of their kind DO have money and education so they can try to push back.

Old 10-01-2015, 06:42 PM

2,539 posts, read 4,085,827 times
Time for all of them to go home.

Old 10-01-2015, 06:48 PM

62,878 posts, read 29,110,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
I catch what you're saying but; "outing" the Asians doing that IS a big deal because many of their kind DO have money and education so they can try to push back.
Not that's it ok but since they do have money they are less likely to be a burden on the taxpayer. Many if not most fly back to their homelands after giving birth. Still a scam though anyway you look at it. My point was how Bush left out the number that are doing it coming from south of our border that remain here and become a taxpayer burden.

Old 10-01-2015, 09:02 PM

1,059 posts, read 830,376 times
Big local TV expose last week because the Asian "birthing centers" that were run out of LA are moving to the SF Bay Area because they were closed down. It doesn't matter WHO, whether or not they have money, it is still breaking immigration laws.

The two times I have visited the local SS office, most of the folks waiting for appointments were elderly Asians with their 20-something kids (acting as translators). Mmmmmm... I wonder why these people would wait hours unless there was something in it for them. The SSA clerk, when I asked her if non-citizens could collect SS benefits, was quite nasty to me, saying they had worked in the US so were eligible for benefits. I retorted "but they don't speak English," causing her to become flustered and spit out it was none of my business! That's all I needed to know.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration