Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-11-2015, 04:40 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,495,253 times

Advertisements

Sickening, disgusting, and un freaken believable. But we have come to be known as a stupid naïve Country, so what do we even expect.

Our Country truly is going downhill fast, and someone's agenda is living up to his expectations for sure.

Why are we such a gosh damn stupid Country, no one would treat us as we treat so many.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-11-2015, 05:29 PM

33,605 posts, read 18,264,243 times
The American people are being taken for granted as our government fleeces its workers out of their paychecks to hand it over to the takers, and the taker lines are getting longer and the workers are dying off.

People are getting plenty sick of it!! I used to work for the welfare system in NJ and fraud was rare and the aid was spare compared to the need.. now it is a runaway train with fraud, freebees , and the takers are getting so many benefits they make the workers poor as the takers grow rich on our dime!

Old 10-14-2015, 06:41 AM

2,033 posts, read 3,224,105 times
Action has to be taken where this problems lies the most. So .Fla, As that is where all the Cubans head to.

Old 10-14-2015, 10:55 AM

35,842 posts, read 21,231,607 times
OH OH they opening Cuban travel-- the Cubans are coming the Cubans are coming!!--run--- I think many will return- if the flood gates really open.

Old 10-15-2015, 11:08 AM

6,993 posts, read 6,357,150 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post
Cubans are KNOWN to be one of the best workers and least on social service's once on their feet-the extra benefits they get--is for their families in CUBA -- this part is true for some- NOT all- people were starving there. The solution OPEN UP THE GATES! open up enterprise and capitalism.
You know, your barely literate posts are really full of stuff and nonsense. I've lived in Miami since 1951. I've been around Cubans since the day my parents bought their first home. I have witnessed every wave of Cuban "refugees" since the first. My high school years were spent in a school stuffed to overflowing (3000+) due to the Pedro Pan flights. I have lived my entire adult life with Cubans all around me. They are no more hard working than any other ethnic group. My Cuban friends with family in Cuba have been traveling to and sending money/food back to Cuba for DECADES! There is no gate that needs to be opened - it's been open for almost 30 years. All Americans should be thoroughly disgusted by the largesse that has been bestowed on Cubans since 1965. It's long past time to end all of it - wet foot/dry foot and federal assistance.

Old 10-15-2015, 03:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ray1945 View Post
You know, your barely literate posts are really full of stuff and nonsense. I've lived in Miami since 1951. I've been around Cubans since the day my parents bought their first home. I have witnessed every wave of Cuban "refugees" since the first. My high school years were spent in a school stuffed to overflowing (3000+) due to the Pedro Pan flights. I have lived my entire adult life with Cubans all around me. They are no more hard working than any other ethnic group. My Cuban friends with family in Cuba have been traveling to and sending money/food back to Cuba for DECADES! There is no gate that needs to be opened - it's been open for almost 30 years. All Americans should be thoroughly disgusted by the largesse that has been bestowed on Cubans since 1965. It's long past time to end all of it - wet foot/dry foot and federal assistance.

Although you sound a bit older and more cynical- I was born in Mt Sanai- and I too have seen it all - but as some only see the negatives- others see the positives. This open-concept is not as your living room- money buys access, not all have that kind of money. I can tell you many souls are in the FL straits, and now in the Texas dessert. Much of that food sent was confiscated and never received for whom it was intended. I would say since Raul took over it has been a tad better- Yes end wet foot/dry foot and give people their freedom- not sure if your friends would appreciate you if they read your post

Old 10-15-2015, 04:26 PM

63,352 posts, read 29,423,982 times
Quote:
Although you sound a bit older and more cynical- I was born in Mt Sanai- and I too have seen it all - but as some only see the negatives- others see the positives. This open-concept is not as your living room- money buys access, not all have that kind of money. I can tell you many souls are in the FL straits, and now in the Texas dessert. Much of that food sent was confiscated and never received for whom it was intended. I would say since Raul took over it has been a tad better- Yes end wet foot/dry foot and give people their freedom- not sure if your friends would appreciate you if they read your post
It's not just about having money to come here. We have quotas for legal immigration because we cannot allow everyone in the world to come here just because they want to. That would be committing national suicide. Not sure how ending wet foot/dry foot (of which I am definitely for) gives people their freedom. What people and what freedoms?

Old 10-15-2015, 06:19 PM

6,993 posts, read 6,357,150 times
Quote:
We talk about it - they agree that the freebies have to end.

There were NO positives for the residents of Miami back in 1965, when the Cuban Adjustment Act was enacted, making "illegal Cuban immigrant" an impossibility. It encouraged many thousands of Cubans to come to Miami. They overwhelmed the school system, social services and medical facilities; they took every construction job in Miami, forcing American workers (my father) to leave home for months at a time to find work elsewhere. In 1981, it happened all over again - over 100,000 in a few months. Again, no positives, only negatives.

Miami's Cuban-American population has been freely going back/forth to Cuba for decades - and all the while, Cubans float ashore claiming persecution and getting all kinds of assistance, no questions asked.

Old 10-15-2015, 08:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
It's not just about having money to come here. We have quotas for legal immigration because we cannot allow everyone in the world to come here just because they want to. That would be committing national suicide. Not sure how ending wet foot/dry foot (of which I am definitely for) gives people their freedom. What people and what freedoms?
Oldglory--Cubans are refugees - if the embargo is lifted there can be open trade- bringing an open market to Cuba which brings money-- with the chances for freedom will be much much better for those people

Old 10-15-2015, 08:46 PM

63,352 posts, read 29,423,982 times
Quote:
Oldglory--Cubans are refugees - if the embargo is lifted there can be open trade- bringing an open market to Cuba which brings money-- with the chances for freedom will be much much better for those people
I am aware that they are considered to be refugees but lately in the forum the words refugees and "immigrants" seem to get inter-mixed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration