Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-24-2015, 03:08 PM

20,524 posts, read 15,936,718 times

Advertisements

The measure was one of a spate of bills enacted in California this year to help immigrants in the country illegally. Others include anti-discrimination measures and giving low-income children access to state-subsidized health care.

California law aims to help immigrant victims get visas

That woman NEEDS to be kept under lock and key till the trial THEN deported since the crime happened in the US.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-24-2015, 04:37 PM

63,089 posts, read 29,284,973 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
The measure was one of a spate of bills enacted in California this year to help immigrants in the country illegally. Others include anti-discrimination measures and giving low-income children access to state-subsidized health care.

California law aims to help immigrant victims get visas

That woman NEEDS to be kept under lock and key till the trial THEN deported since the crime happened in the US.
What utter BS! So she came to our country illegally and just because her boyfriend assaulted her she is entitled to a special visa to remain here? Note throughout the article that illegal aliens are constantly referred to as plain ole "immigrants"? If I were an immigrant I would be insulted for them to be included with my group that did it the right way. Sick of the lies and PC language used in these types of article.

Old 10-25-2015, 07:18 AM

2,141 posts, read 1,393,305 times
California is crumbling one by one.

It's sad. It used to be a great state. Best roads in the nation. Paradise. Where everyone wanted to go. Beautiful scenic views.

Now...the roads are horrible. It's not that much paradise anymore. Illegals everywhere. Crime rate up a ton. Worst drought in the state's history. Forest fires. Horrible governor who wants the illegals to come in. Higher than hell taxes. Higher than hell gas prices. Hmm...What else? I'll edit this post later.

I feel bad for the smart people who live in California. I really do.

Old 10-25-2015, 08:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernTiger099 View Post
California is crumbling one by one.

It's sad. It used to be a great state. Best roads in the nation. Paradise. Where everyone wanted to go. Beautiful scenic views.

Now...the roads are horrible. It's not that much paradise anymore. Illegals everywhere. Crime rate up a ton. Worst drought in the state's history. Forest fires. Horrible governor who wants the illegals to come in. Higher than hell taxes. Higher than hell gas prices. Hmm...What else? I'll edit this post later.

I feel bad for the smart people who live in California. I really do.
Agreed.

I live in Bullhead City and Needles in Cali's about 20 miles from me. Needles used to be a nice little town with real shopping and so on about 50 years ago. Not in 2015. Things there are so bad than there's NO grocery store there anymore, people cross the river and go shopping here and in Ft Mohave.

The problem with Needles is it's stuck with Cali's insane laws and regulations.

Old 10-25-2015, 10:34 AM

22,515 posts, read 12,068,835 times
We have American citizen women in our country who have been victims of domestic abuse and there aren't enough resources to help all of them. Yet, CA is bending over backwards to give visas to women who came here illegally. There is something wrong with this whole picture.

Old 10-25-2015, 12:07 PM

2,141 posts, read 1,393,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post
We have American citizen women in our country who have been victims of domestic abuse and there aren't enough resources to help all of them. Yet, CA is bending over backwards to give visas to women who came here illegally. There is something wrong with this whole picture.
It's California now. Enough said.

Old 10-25-2015, 04:45 PM

6,245 posts, read 3,627,462 times
As a woman I feel bad for her but this is NOT a solution. And like anything else that benefits illegals, it is ripe for abuse. Will the boyfriend be deported? How long was he beating her in Mexico before she decided to illegally come here with him? Was there nowhere else in the entire country of Mexico that she could've fled to? She could've returned home and left the boyfriend in the U.S. All these victim stories make it sound like Mexico is a single little village, and anything less coming to the U.S. is a death warrant. They are so full of it.

Old 10-25-2015, 04:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaphawoman View Post
As a woman I feel bad for her but this is NOT a solution. And like anything else that benefits illegals, it is ripe for abuse. Will the boyfriend be deported? How long was he beating her in Mexico before she decided to illegally come here with him? Was there nowhere else in the entire country of Mexico that she could've fled to? She could've returned home and left the boyfriend in the U.S. All these victim stories make it sound like Mexico is a single little village, and anything less coming to the U.S. is a death warrant. They are so full of it.
Agreed.

Old 10-25-2015, 04:55 PM

6,245 posts, read 3,627,462 times
Oh brother I had to post again, as it escaped me upon first skimming this article that the woman photographed has a teenage daughter who was also the victim of a crime (article does not specify). I have even less sympathy for her now, as it appears she was one of these mothers who let her boyfriend abuse her child. Was it rape? Beating? Both? We already have sanctuary cities so that she could've reported the crime and not face deportation. Why the extra gift of a visa? Where is the daughter's father? It needs to be determined if she knew of her boyfriend's crimes against her daughter; if so she should be thrown in prison with the rest of the criminals.

Old 10-25-2015, 05:10 PM

63,089 posts, read 29,284,973 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaphawoman View Post

Why is it always this country that they flee to? Why not a country that shares their culture and language? If her boyfriend was abusing her in Mexico then why would she come here "with" him or anywhere else for that matter?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration