Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-01-2008, 03:13 AM

97 posts, read 502,197 times

Advertisements

Fellow Americans, does this scenario sound familiar to your home state? I live on the northern periphery of Mexifornia in the state of Oregon. What happens in California (millions of illegals) trickles north up here. We here have seen in the last ten years an exploding Hispanic population. We have whole areas throughout Oregon that have been turned into Tijiuana. We now have lots of our streets filled with gun and knife carrying gangbangers. Gang fights, shootings, and stabbings happen more and moe all of the time. The bangers all claim some affiliation with gangs out of California. The tagging is everywhere: Surreno vs. Norteno, 18th street vs 11th street, on and on it goes. These little savages stab and kill each other with impunity over nothing at all. It's absolutely stupid and senseless stuff. This is a new phenomenon up here in the Pacific Northwest, but it is getting worse all of the time. I can only imagine how long the once great State of California has been dealing with this crap. What's up with your home state?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-01-2008, 03:27 AM

2,010 posts, read 2,363,585 times
That's why I plan on moving, most likely to Montana or Wyoming, to get as far away from this crap as possible.

Old 02-01-2008, 04:10 AM

Location: Los Angeles, which as I understand was once upon a time ago part of the United States of America
849 posts, read 1,038,486 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SimpleMan View Post
That's why I plan on moving, most likely to Montana or Wyoming, to get as far away from this crap as possible.
Yeah, and in a few years they'll invade that place too. There is no area of the U.S. you can hide in from this, unless you're very wealthy and you can afford to live in a gated community with private security.

Old 02-01-2008, 06:00 AM

26,680 posts, read 41,537,277 times
i can't speak for the whole state but illegals are moving into Northern VA like locusts. I'm seeing more and more graffiti around my neighborhood, the cops are here more often, and more gangs are popping up (the South Side Locos to go with MS-13), and all this happened after where i live in Alexandria declared itself a sanctuary city.

In Virginia Beach, (which is sanctuary city) illegals are popping up there too. This is a PM i got from a VA Beach resident on how bad it is getting.

Quote:
Well, when I was a manager at Wal-mart, the place was filled with illegals paying for $200+ in food with cash. Not to mention, when the system had us check the IDs of everyone - sooo said "no tengo" meaning "don't have"

The worst place to see illegals would have to have been Towne Center. I don't know for sure how many were illegals, though.
Anywhere illegals live, i'd suggest buying a gun to protect youself b/c it will only get worse.

Old 02-01-2008, 09:11 AM

9,249 posts, read 26,596,033 times
Yes, there really is nowhere to go to get away from them. With as many as there are in Colorado, don't think they haven't gone into Wyoming and Montana. I've even heard Idaho is starting to have problems.

Old 02-01-2008, 09:17 AM

4,803 posts, read 8,724,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by love roses View Post
Yes, there really is nowhere to go to get away from them. With as many as there are in Colorado, don't think they haven't gone into Wyoming and Montana. I've even heard Idaho is starting to have problems.
Jackson Hole is a sanctuary city. However, the rest of Wyoming is not yet under attack. This morning it is 17 degrees with a wind chill factor of about zero, with more snow expected later today. If you live out here on the plains, it is cold, it is windy, driving can be quite treacherous with blizzards, white-outs, and road closures, and the Wal-Marts are few and far between.

Not exactly for the faint of heart. It takes a certain sort of person to live here, and frankly, the work for illegals is simply not here. Ranches are still family run and the fast food places hire teenagers and college students.

Lo siento 'bout their old bad luck.

Old 02-01-2008, 12:38 PM

1,862 posts, read 3,333,803 times
We won't even be able to move to Canada eventually - they'll have illegal problems!!

Well, my only comfort is that I am not a young person - I would not like to see what this world and this country become in 30 years. I'll happily be gone, I imagine.

Old 02-01-2008, 02:28 PM

3,943 posts, read 6,351,741 times
Listen to our presidential candidates. Hilary said last night "this round them up and deport talk" is inhumane! She and Obama both are for some form of amnesty. (after they pay a fine, like that would happen!)

Old 02-01-2008, 03:30 PM

2,370 posts, read 7,734,983 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jess5 View Post
Listen to our presidential candidates. Hilary said last night "this round them up and deport talk" is inhumane! She and Obama both are for some form of amnesty. (after they pay a fine, like that would happen!)
Yep...pay a fine and in Hillary's case pay back taxes. You can't even figure out now from payroll records HOW MANY illegals some of these construction companies have. My wife's a bookkeeper and was commenting last night how she sees payrolls with 3 or 4 names using the same SSN or the same name multiple times with a different SSN for some construction companies. It's almost impossible to figure out who's really gotten paid what!! So how can you ever figure out how much they owe in back taxes?!!!?

Old 02-01-2008, 03:50 PM

18,929 posts, read 43,261,108 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jess5 View Post
Yep, I remember in the McCain-Kennedy immigration bill they were discussing a payment plan for the fine. I envisioned an ad saying this...

"American citizenship is on sale now for $2999.99. We offer 0% financing for 60 months. No credit check! Get it while it lasts!"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration