Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-03-2008, 08:46 AM

7 posts, read 13,483 times

Advertisements

The biggest Amnesty Raspberrry perpetrated on the American public is that illegal aliens are "doing jobs Americans won't do". That comment needs to be qualified by interjecting "won't do for that low a wage and benefit or in unsafe working environments". We are left to believe that illegals are not displacing American workers in all sorts of other jobs to the detriment of many other US citizens.

Have you been led to believe this by the amnesty crowd? What is their real agenda?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-03-2008, 08:50 AM

21,144 posts, read 42,131,207 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rattattat View Post
The biggest Amnesty Raspberrry perpetrated on the American public is that illegal aliens are "doing jobs Americans won't do". That comment needs to be qualified by interjecting "won't do for that low a wage and benefit or in unsafe working environments". We are left to believe that illegals are not displacing American workers in all sorts of other jobs to the detriment of many other US citizens.

Have you been led to believe this by the amnesty crowd? What is their real agenda?
Truth? Many of self appointed 'elite' hate the idea of regular Americans displacing the former from their ivory towers.

Face it: compared to even 50 years ago; the 'worker bees' are oftentimes the de facto socio-economic equals to the Yuppie class-----and, the latter hate it.

Old 02-03-2008, 09:18 AM

8,978 posts, read 16,555,667 times
Quote:

This has been covered extensively in earlier posts, and is worth repeating. Any job can be defined this way....just 're-structure' your staff positions, (to a new lower-paid job title)----add a few extra duties (without a pay increase)---"freeze" all new hiring----add lots of new responsibility and take away a few 'perks', stop paying overtime, trim away a few breaks, and sooner or later---PRESTO !!...you've now got "Jobs Americans Won't Do"....and, best of ALL, it's not your fault---your "Americans" just got grumpy and started looking for new jobs....can't blame YOU for THAT, can we?....

Old 02-03-2008, 09:23 AM

9,601 posts, read 31,698,363 times
Quote:

Nothing but SPIN, rattattat!

This same ridiculous claim was made back in the early 1800's concerning the picking of cotton. ! ! ! !

Where there's a will . . . there's a way!

Old 02-03-2008, 11:28 AM

3,432 posts, read 2,951,187 times
Quote:

My comment to this is: "I'll believe it when I see it".

Old 02-04-2008, 04:23 PM

407 posts, read 800,185 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProLogic View Post
See what? It has already been proven over and over again when the illegals lose their jobs that Americans get hired. So what is it that you want to see to believe? The facts are that illegals take jobs from Americans and they make the wages go down to something that normal Americans can not live on. The only reason that illegals are able to live on the wages they work for is because they live too many to an abode, thereby breaking even more laws and regulations while being here illegally in the first place.

Old 02-04-2008, 06:30 PM

2,065 posts, read 3,593,697 times
Quote:
Believe what, that illegal aliens take jobs from Americans and depress the wages??

You'd have to be old enough to HAVE a job first.

Try being an American construction worker for the last 35 years and watching your former middle-class wage drop to the level of burger-flipper because "the Mexicans work cheaper". Now multiply that by 30 million and you'll start to get some kind of idea why there is so much animosity in the 'immigration debate'.

Old 02-04-2008, 06:44 PM

2,010 posts, read 2,371,655 times
Quote:
Go to places like Montana, Wyoming or the Dakotas, where there are very few or no illegals in most areas, and tell me who's building houses, working fast food, working in hotels and working in agriculture.

Old 02-04-2008, 07:00 PM

4,135 posts, read 10,814,904 times
Just make sure you plan to vote local, county, state and national AGAINST amnesty. It is the only hope for the country.

Old 02-04-2008, 07:11 PM

65 posts, read 122,053 times
Quote:
this fellow may hire illegals. or knows of those who do, or may be illegal.
would dare to say latino genetics? Pro?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration