Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: If you are an eligible Latino voters are you:
Registered Republican? 4 36.36%
Will you vote for Trump? 7 63.64%
Do you support deportation of undocumented workers? 4 36.36%
Will you vote Democratic? 4 36.36%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 11. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-18-2015, 05:46 PM

16,186 posts, read 7,157,310 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnywhereElse View Post
You really should do more "googling" to get your answers. I, frankly, don't care what you call someone in the US as they are either here legally or illegally. We don't care anything beyond that designation.

If you bother to "google" you'll find citizens that have come in legally are also fed up with the illegals coming in and feeding off the public assistance teat, having babies they can't support, committing crimes, and on and on and on.

All the stats are there. Also, those that harbor the illegals become criminals so the best thing a family member can do that is here illegally is GO HOME!
This rant has nothing at all to do with original question. It is off topic. Many Latinos - who are mostly the target of Trump and his supporters and Republicans in genera - used to vote Republican . Until Obama. In this election Trump might have distanced them even further by his laser like beam of hate and labeling.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-18-2015, 06:03 PM

16,569 posts, read 15,357,693 times
If anybody is against Trump they are actually against current laws. To do what Trump wants to do you don’t need to pass a single new law. Problem is we have reached a point that enforcing the law has become illegal.

Old 12-18-2015, 06:29 PM

63,301 posts, read 29,383,152 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cb2008 View Post
This rant has nothing at all to do with original question. It is off topic. Many Latinos - who are mostly the target of Trump and his supporters and Republicans in genera - used to vote Republican . Until Obama. In this election Trump might have distanced them even further by his laser like beam of hate and labeling.

He has labeled Latino citizens and legal immigrants with hate? This nonsense has been spewed in here before. Even the illegal kind that he has addressed has nothing to do with hatred but just telling the facts. Why would Latino citizens not vote for Trump because he is for enforcing our immigration laws? Aren't they obligated to honor them just like the rest of us are?

Old 12-18-2015, 06:50 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,488,909 times
Can't speak for those I do not know, but for the ones who are friends and in laws, I will speak for them since I know them.

They are not all one in the same believe me. For the ones who have lived here a very long time, or born in this Country, they are voting for Trump, and here is the thing, some of the younger ones, yes I said younger, are getting there elder family members to also vote for him.

I said no way, and she said to me, yes we are. Because we want what is right for the Country, and believe that he loves the Country as much as he claims, and we need great again, her words to me.

Yes I believe her. They also have family who live in S.B. were the recent tragedy occurred and this has had a great impact on their life.

She also said, those who were born here, want the best for this Country, whether people believe it or not, yes I believe her. And she said a few things about the Democrat Party, Obama and Hillary that I will keep to myself

Old 12-18-2015, 06:54 PM

16,569 posts, read 15,357,693 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by california-jewel View Post

She also said, those who were born here, want the best for this Country,
Not to mention that too many cousin Jose’s have showed up at their door steps and they wouldn’t mind that to stop.

Old 12-18-2015, 07:54 PM

16,186 posts, read 7,157,310 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by california-jewel View Post
Can't speak for those I do not know, but for the ones who are friends and in laws, I will speak for them since I know them.

They are not all one in the same believe me. For the ones who have lived here a very long time, or born in this Country, they are voting for Trump, and here is the thing, some of the younger ones, yes I said younger, are getting there elder family members to also vote for him.

I said no way, and she said to me, yes we are. Because we want what is right for the Country, and believe that he loves the Country as much as he claims, and we need great again, her words to me.

Yes I believe her. They also have family who live in S.B. were the recent tragedy occurred and this has had a great impact on their life.

She also said, those who were born here, want the best for this Country, whether people believe it or not, yes I believe her. And she said a few things about the Democrat Party, Obama and Hillary that I will keep to myself
Those you talked to are they Republcans and did they vote for Romney or McCain?

Old 12-18-2015, 08:36 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,488,909 times
Quote:
Those you talked to are they Republcans and did they vote for Romney or McCain?

No they were staunch strong Democrats, who have the past year a little over I would say, start to change there positions. They had enough. They feel many of them that Hillary panders and deflects and even that she was not a great Secretary of State.

They feel she has gotten away with many things that normal people, would have to account for and be held accountable. These are people are you kidding me who voted for Obama twice. So I think the fact, that they have had enough, speaks volume in my opinion only.

They know she is smart in how she uses her words, they know this, but they are not buying what she is selling anymore. That is the difference.

And they are starting to hate, the way the party is going, and feel it is going down hill. They are ready for change, as is I believe most American's even those who will not admit it.

And they do not want to be lumped into all Latino's vote Democrat, because they have changed there minds.

Old 12-18-2015, 09:31 PM

8,081 posts, read 6,997,775 times
Quote:
Are Mexicans Latinos ?
Are all Latinos Mexicans?

I think that poster was getting at my logic more than yours.

As for me, I'd be offended if my voting demographic was pandered to as if it believed it deserved certain rights that aren't made legal to it. Especially when Latinos comprise such a vast and diverse demographic.

I'm no Trump fan, but we all know what he means, it's blowhards putting words that aren't there in his mouth. He's just saying it as somebody who isn't polished or in tune with how to speak Politically. He's an ego-maniacal real estate developer.

Old 12-19-2015, 05:47 AM

77,771 posts, read 105,104,247 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyRider View Post
If anybody is against Trump they are actually against current laws. To do what Trump wants to do you don’t need to pass a single new law. Problem is we have reached a point that enforcing the law has become illegal.
It would be great if it were that simple but it isn't. There is no way anyone is going to deport somewhere between 15 and 20 million people. I believe in obeying the law, it ticks me off to see how many are here illegally, but we are not going to send them all back. I am not sure we should to be honest. First we need to find a way to keep them from entering the country. Then we need to stop all government benefits for them, no matter what except in the case of life or death. Then we need to get rid of every one of them who has broken the law, no matter how minor. No, I don't mean a traffic ticket. I could go on and on, but the point still remains, you can't send them all back; it is that simple!!!! And has your hero disclosed how many of those working on some of his projects are illegal? Does he check to make certain all the contractors he hires only employ legals? Of course he hasn't. All Trump is saying, is what he thinks his followers want him to say.

Old 12-19-2015, 06:47 AM

20,524 posts, read 15,951,799 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
It would be great if it were that simple but it isn't. There is no way anyone is going to deport somewhere between 15 and 20 million people. I believe in obeying the law, it ticks me off to see how many are here illegally, but we are not going to send them all back. I am not sure we should to be honest. First we need to find a way to keep them from entering the country. Then we need to stop all government benefits for them, no matter what except in the case of life or death. Then we need to get rid of every one of them who has broken the law, no matter how minor. No, I don't mean a traffic ticket. I could go on and on, but the point still remains, you can't send them all back; it is that simple!!!! And has your hero disclosed how many of those working on some of his projects are illegal? Does he check to make certain all the contractors he hires only employ legals? Of course he hasn't. All Trump is saying, is what he thinks his followers want him to say.
Uh; I don't agree. MOST illegal aliens WILL leave; "Hispanic" or not, if the US started ENFORCING the laws against their kind. Too; stop birthright for kids born here unless at least 1 parent's a US citizen tho IF the other parent's here illegally, that parent WILL still need to leave.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration