Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-14-2008, 01:45 AM

126 posts, read 280,606 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SimpleMan View Post
Looks like you need to get some education on the effects of illegal immigration. Illegals are the base of are economy? Let me guess they do the jobs Americans don't want right? You are the only one who needs to GET REAL. Construction, factories, restaurants, hospitality, and so on, are ALL jobs Americans will do for a livable wage. Your argument is asinine.

P.S. I'd rather be a "whiner" than one of the blind bleeding heart liberals responsible for the South American takeover of the US.
History tells us that Empire's are not to exist forever, our country's wealth
was built on slave work from Africa, which lasted until the 1960's with the end of apartheid in the U.S., since then we have depended more and more on
labor from our neighbors down south and so far they have done an exceptional
work, but as they too progress in the economic ladder we need to keep
importing them, U.S. largest economy is still agriculture, if you take effective
labor from the equation, agriculture will also collapse, and will follow the fate of so many other sectors of the economy where the jobs have gone abroad, soon we may even get education over the internet by folks in India or China,
I always tell my fellow Americans; be careful on what you wish for!!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-14-2008, 03:15 AM

9,763 posts, read 10,533,078 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by osomd1 View Post
was built on slave work from Africa, which lasted until the 1960's with the end of apartheid in the U.S., since then we have depended more and more on
importing them, U.S. largest economy is still agriculture, if you take effective
labor from the equation, agriculture will also collapse, and will follow the fate of so many other sectors of the economy where the jobs have gone abroad, soon we may even get education over the internet by folks in India or China,
Soylent Green is peepole!!!!

Old 02-14-2008, 03:19 AM

9,763 posts, read 10,533,078 times
Quote:
Productivity my friend that's what counts
Do you know how productivity is defined in economic terms?

...didn't think so.

Old 02-14-2008, 08:02 AM

2,065 posts, read 3,595,365 times
Quote:
6, I think we could be looking at a record here, folks...

Old 02-14-2008, 04:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nvxplorer View Post
Do you know how productivity is defined in economic terms?

...didn't think so.

Hey nvxplorer let me give it a try; productivity is the net revenue production,
measured for example in dollars, per unit of time for example hours,days etc.
And any way you look at it, if you are a lazy bum the output generated is going to be low when compared to a fixed unit like time.
I don't understand why people fight this so much, that only contributes further to the problem. We used to be a very productive society, while maintaining a very good standard of living, now work ehtics has gone down to hell, everyone wants to make a quick buck while not making any effort, except for the one made claiming rights, whining, arguing, etc.
That's why we need our brothers from the south, they come here work hard,
make little money, do not use government services, and do not whine!!!!,
Nowaday we overuse the claim that we support legal inmigration and hate illegal inmigration, WHAT A STUPID "CLICHE ", it means nothing, what's the difference? a piece of paper? they all have two legs, and two arms.
I"ll give you an example of why is so stupid to passinately defend legal inmigration;
- a lot of people are granted legal status based on political persecution, after
the conflict in the balcans we gave refugee status to thousands of bosnians,
many of them were taken to central NY state, well it has been more than ten years and the majority of this people have never worked, receive all kinds
of assistance from the government, and use the system at will, Is this what we need, we most to be the biggest idiots in the world, in contrast the
hispanic workers come here on their own, work harder than anyone, hardly
ever use government services or health services, it's a win-win situation.
We should all rejoice every time one of these workers cross the border to come here and help us with our problems.

Old 02-14-2008, 04:51 PM

Quote:
That's why we need our brothers from the south, they come here work hard,
make little money, do not use government services, and do not whine!!!!,
Nowaday we overuse the claim that we support legal inmigration and hate illegal inmigration, WHAT A STUPID "CLICHE ", it means nothing, what's the difference? a piece of paper? they all have two legs, and two arms.
This comment is so absurd on so many levels I hardly know where to start. While it's true that many illegal aliens 'work hard', the ultimate truth is that they depress the wages for jobs in those sectors, harming the LEGAL workforce to the point that those LEGAL workers no longer want to do those jobs. I mean, when your wage gets cut by as much as 50%, would YOU want to continue that job?

Claiming that illegal aliens don't use government services is like claiming the Earth is FLAT. There is WAY TOO MUCH documentation proving otherwise, and if you need an example of illegal aliens 'whining', you need look no further than their incessant 'whining' for rights in this country that they have NO CLAIM TO.

Quote:
I"ll give you an example of why is so stupid to passinately defend legal inmigration;
- a lot of people are granted legal status based on political persecution, after
the conflict in the balcans we gave refugee status to thousands of bosnians,
many of them were taken to central NY state, well it has been more than ten years and the majority of this people have never worked, receive all kinds
of assistance from the government, and use the system at will, Is this what we need, we most to be the biggest idiots in the world, in contrast the
hispanic workers come here on their own, work harder than anyone, hardly
ever use government services or health services, it's a win-win situation.
Is this a case of the 'generalizations' that you pro-illegal folks CONSTANTLY whine about when it's applied to your own group? Seems so. And then you have the audacity to repeat the same untruths that you spouted in your first paragraph. I think the definition for that is 'hubris'.

Quote:
We should all rejoice every time one of these workers cross the border to come here and help us with our problems.
Finally, you ascribe motives to these lawbreakers that are so far removed from reality as to be ludicrous. I can just hear Jose and Maria saying, "We need to go El Norte, America has problems and they need our help."

Riiiiiight...

Old 02-14-2008, 05:31 PM

21,144 posts, read 42,151,032 times
The pro illegal crowd are becoming more and more desperate.

As we slide deeper into recession; more and more employers when confronted with the prospect of layoffs will can the illegal immigrants first.

Unlike US citizens/green card holders; illegals have no recourse in the face of 'unfair' layoffs.

Oh well.

Old 02-14-2008, 08:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
The pro illegal crowd are becoming more and more desperate.

As we slide deeper into recession; more and more employers when confronted with the prospect of layoffs will can the illegal immigrants first.

Unlike US citizens/green card holders; illegals have no recourse in the face of 'unfair' layoffs.

Oh well.
I agree my friend, and I hope we learm from this because things are only
going to get worse.

Old 02-14-2008, 08:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyPinestra View Post
This comment is so absurd on so many levels I hardly know where to start. While it's true that many illegal aliens 'work hard', the ultimate truth is that they depress the wages for jobs in those sectors, harming the LEGAL workforce to the point that those LEGAL workers no longer want to do those jobs. I mean, when your wage gets cut by as much as 50%, would YOU want to continue that job?

Claiming that illegal aliens don't use government services is like claiming the Earth is FLAT. There is WAY TOO MUCH documentation proving otherwise, and if you need an example of illegal aliens 'whining', you need look no further than their incessant 'whining' for rights in this country that they have NO CLAIM TO.

Is this a case of the 'generalizations' that you pro-illegal folks CONSTANTLY whine about when it's applied to your own group? Seems so. And then you have the audacity to repeat the same untruths that you spouted in your first paragraph. I think the definition for that is 'hubris'.

Finally, you ascribe motives to these lawbreakers that are so far removed from reality as to be ludicrous. I can just hear Jose and Maria saying, "We need to go El Norte, America has problems and they need our help."

Riiiiiight...

Uhm-hu I've heard those statistics too, don't beleive the hype, statistics
are grossly manipulated, by the way did you hear about that moderator in
Barbara Walter's "The View" who doesn't know whether the planet is flat?
I'm ther are millions out there that don't know either, who knows, it may really
be flat.

Old 02-15-2008, 07:25 AM

Quote:
Uhm-hu I've heard those statistics too, don't beleive the hype, statistics
are grossly manipulated, by the way did you hear about that moderator in
Barbara Walter's "The View" who doesn't know whether the planet is flat?
I'm ther are millions out there that don't know either, who knows, it may really
be flat.
I've LIVED the statistics in multiple states, I KNOW what has happened to wages in construction. I also know what has happened to wages in the meat-packing plants and in the landscaping business. I've seen it first-hand, so don't try to tell me that it's manipulated.

Do YOU believe the Earth is flat???
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration