Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-09-2016, 12:32 AM

9,418 posts, read 13,492,235 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
A friend who is a die hard Dem and who also left California told me this last time we talked. He said the problem is not illegal aliens coming across the border it is the asians that over stay their visas and groups like the vietnamese that smuggle in their own.
He also added that the asian gangs are far more brutal than the mexican ones but they tend to butcher each other.

Illegal immigration is a major problem in the US and it needs to be brought under control.
See you are in MA. I was living there back in the 90s, so this is dated, but the Cambodian gangs north of Boston were the most feared when I was living in the area. Brutal.

Old 08-09-2016, 04:40 AM

28,890 posts, read 30,257,449 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elan View Post
People who don't respect our immigration laws need to get out. I don't care who they are or where they come from.
I agree!

What most people do not understand, illegals are not just composed of Mexicans....illegals are people coming into our country from all over the world. They need to all be deported like Trump says, and start all over again...

They made such a big stink when Trump said what he said about Muslims...he didn't mean to stop them from coming in all together...but what he wants to do, is the right thing to do...get all the illegals out of here, and start all over again...the only problem is, and what most people do not understand, is the fact that Muslim nations own a whole lot of our real estate now, and that is why the Republicans are against this, they are like dirty lawyers, rubbing elbows with the Muslims, so as not to insult them....
at whose expense?

Old 08-09-2016, 07:28 AM

72,996 posts, read 62,569,376 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
The only reason that Mexican illegals get more attention is because they are here by far in the largest number illegally. They and other Latinos make up 80% of the illegals here. No matter how many times this is pointed out but also denoted that we want all illegals gone it seems to fall on deaf ears.

It is Mexico and other Latino countries that are "sending" their poor citizens here illegally and many of them are criminals. Trump pointing that out was just a fact.
It isn't just Mexico and other nations in Latin America. They make up a large part of it, but they aren't the only ones. For that reason, bringing them up in specific was not really necessary. If you're here illegally, it really doesn't matter who you are or where you came from. I think Trump brought up specifically Mexicans as a way to foment more racial/ethnic strife than we already have.

If people want all illegals out, talk about illegals and not ethnicity.

Old 08-09-2016, 09:41 AM

62,888 posts, read 29,114,800 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
It isn't just Mexico and other nations in Latin America. They make up a large part of it, but they aren't the only ones. For that reason, bringing them up in specific was not really necessary. If you're here illegally, it really doesn't matter who you are or where you came from. I think Trump brought up specifically Mexicans as a way to foment more racial/ethnic strife than we already have.

If people want all illegals out, talk about illegals and not ethnicity.
Didn't I already point that out? For some reason though also pointing out that 80% of illegals are from south of our border is offensive to some. Why is that when it's just the facts? Why would Trump bring up Mexicans (here illegally) just to create racial/ethnic strife? What would his motive for that? Has he denigrated Mexicans in general? You have to fix the large gaping hole in the boat before you worry about fixing the little leaks.

Old 08-09-2016, 09:46 AM

Quote:
Didn't I already point that out? For some reason though also pointing out that 80% of illegals are from south of our border is offensive to some. Why is that when it's just the facts? Why would Trump bring up Mexicans (here illegally) just to create racial/ethnic strife? What would his motive for that? Has he denigrated Mexicans in general? You have to fix the glaring hole in the boat before you worry about fixing the little leaks.
Again, was it necessary to point out ethnicity? Yes or No? Simple question.

I really do think Trump would say stuff like that to stir up strife. He has done other things to prove his petulance. His retweet from a Neo-Nazi site. His comments about Blacks.

I have this to say. You can be honest without being obnoxious. You have to ask yourself "is this really necessary to say"? No,this is not about free speech. He could have just say "look, we have a problem with illegal immigration. They are breaking the law, they are straining resources, we need to act on this issue. We need to enforce our immigration laws", and leave it there.

Old 08-09-2016, 10:08 AM

38,496 posts, read 25,805,850 times
Quote:
Didn't I already point that out? For some reason though also pointing out that 80% of illegals are from south of our border is offensive to some. Why is that when it's just the facts? Why would Trump bring up Mexicans (here illegally) just to create racial/ethnic strife? What would his motive for that? Has he denigrated Mexicans in general? You have to fix the large gaping hole in the boat before you worry about fixing the little leaks.
I think our problem with illegal immigration is much bigger with Asians at this point.

Quote:
More Mexican immigrants have returned to Mexico from the U.S. than have migrated here since the end of the Great Recession, according to a new Pew Research Center analysis of newly available government data from both countries.
More Mexicans Leaving Than Coming to the U.S. | Pew Research Center

Old 08-09-2016, 10:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
I think our problem with illegal immigration is much bigger with Asians at this point.

Either way, it really does not matter what ethnicity they are. Illegals are illegals, period, and it needs to be addressed as such. What makes this issue so difficult to discuss is that there are those who want to discuss it from a racial/ethnic perspective, and then that brings out the "you're racist" crowds. It can never be discussed in a rational manner.

Old 08-09-2016, 03:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
Either way, it really does not matter what ethnicity they are. Illegals are illegals, period, and it needs to be addressed as such. What makes this issue so difficult to discuss is that there are those who want to discuss it from a racial/ethnic perspective, and then that brings out the "you're racist" crowds. It can never be discussed in a rational manner.

Since it is mostly Mexicans and other Latinos demanding amnesty and calling you a racist if you don't agree with them that's just another reason they are the focus. No other country but Mexico is literally "sending" their poor citizens here by the millions illegally. That's just the reality of the situation. The only rational discussion is deporting all of them but they will have none of that. It's only a race/ethnic situation to those who want to make it so instead of understanding the reasons behind it.

Old 08-09-2016, 03:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post

I don't think so unless they surpass the number of Latinos here illegally. As I said, even if it were true that that there are more Mexicans leaving than coming it doesn't change the fact that they and other Latinos are by far the largest number here illegally. Now we have hundreds of thousands of Central Americans coming here.

Old 08-09-2016, 03:17 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,185,642 times
All of Asia could come over here illegally. No one would care. They're honorary whites.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration