Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-25-2017, 01:33 AM

20,524 posts, read 15,927,466 times

Advertisements

An immigration rights activist whose own undocumented status was exposed by a drunken-driving arrest has lost her six-month legal battle to remain in the country.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/local...=.ec7434d81cf8

It's a start. Now lots more illegal aliens also need to leave the US or, be thrown out.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-25-2017, 03:26 AM

1,510 posts, read 1,008,985 times
This is a common sense decision. DUI is serious and people with these convictions should be removed quickly.

Old 01-25-2017, 07:24 AM

16,236 posts, read 5,896,951 times
Good now let's put pressure on the rest of them so they leave on their own.

Old 01-25-2017, 07:25 AM

1,184 posts, read 722,169 times
Good deport her husband and the anchor babies next

Old 01-25-2017, 07:34 AM

6,794 posts, read 5,672,673 times
Sad.. very sad but surely they knew the risks they were taking.. they should have started taking the steps necessary to become citizens.. Perhaps they did.. not sure.. but this is sad.

Old 01-25-2017, 07:44 AM

24,547 posts, read 17,303,484 times
I think it was disgusting that these illegal immigration activists who themselves were illegal had Obamas ear.
It is so refreshing that Trump is going to enforce the laws.

What if that woman had killed someone when she was drunk driving? How do you explain that to the survivors? Your loved one was killed by someone who should not have been here and our Gov. decided to let her stay despite breaking the law... That would have been blood on Obama's hands.

Old 01-25-2017, 08:00 AM

Location: Born in L.A. - NYC is Second Home - Rustbelt is Home Base
1,607 posts, read 1,087,965 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
An immigration rights activist whose own undocumented status was exposed by a drunken-driving arrest has lost her six-month legal battle to remain in the country.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/local...=.ec7434d81cf8

It's a start. Now lots more illegal aliens also need to leave the US or, be thrown out.
Great! Get the illegal aliens out of America. I can never understand the dems position that people that entered the US illegally are legal immigrants.

They are illegal aliens, they are not immigrants dems. DEPORT or put them to hard labor building the wall. And clean up the sanctuary cities.

Old 01-25-2017, 08:04 AM

24,561 posts, read 40,331,801 times
Play stupid games, win stupid prizes.

Her behavior and her husband's behavior put her in this situation.

She is a SPANISH citizen. That means that she can live and work in many EU nations with a very high standard of living. She really has no grounds for appeal here. "Fears an abusive stepfather?" She's an adult. Cut off contact! Period! Easy!

Old 01-25-2017, 08:58 AM

25,999 posts, read 22,192,881 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mco65 View Post
Sad.. very sad but surely they knew the risks they were taking.. they should have started taking the steps necessary to become citizens.. Perhaps they did.. not sure.. but this is sad.
I do not understand what is so sad about this. It appears these families are not as connected as most since they are willing to live separately. If this were my spouse, I would have packed for myself and the children and quickly followed, well, maybe not since I know the danger people are that drink and drive. We have a relative that got a DUI in TX with a less than 14 year old in the car, that is a felony.

A mother that cares about her children doesn't get a DUI. Better for everyone then that this woman was deported as per the law.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
I think it was disgusting that these illegal immigration activists who themselves were illegal had Obamas ear.
It is so refreshing that Trump is going to enforce the laws.

What if that woman had killed someone when she was drunk driving? How do you explain that to the survivors? Your loved one was killed by someone who should not have been here and our Gov. decided to let her stay despite breaking the law... That would have been blood on Obama's hands.
Quote:
Originally Posted by slackercruster View Post
Great! Get the illegal aliens out of America. I can never understand the dems position that people that entered the US illegally are legal immigrants.

They are illegal aliens, they are not immigrants dems. DEPORT or put them to hard labor building the wall. And clean up the sanctuary cities.
Well, it signals me pretty quick when I read "immigrant" or "undocumented" in an article. That would be awesome making them work building the wall!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDGeek View Post
Play stupid games, win stupid prizes.

Her behavior and her husband's behavior put her in this situation.

She is a SPANISH citizen. That means that she can live and work in many EU nations with a very high standard of living. She really has no grounds for appeal here. "Fears an abusive stepfather?" She's an adult. Cut off contact! Period! Easy!
She will not be missed!

Old 01-25-2017, 09:03 AM

6,236 posts, read 3,620,078 times
Oh well. Let this be a lesson to people--don't come here illegally and think that marriage and children are a get-out-of-jail free card. The husband is also here illegally from Bolivia. The wife grew up in Madrid but was born in Bolivia. Even though she will be deported to Spain, if she still has citizenship in Bolivia then she and her husband can return there with their children to keep the family intact.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration