Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-08-2017, 02:06 PM

863 posts, read 1,197,509 times

Advertisements

You live in an impoverished 3rd world country. There are no jobs, inflation is out of control, your children are hungry and your government will not issue you a visa to leave the country. Would you do whatever you have to, to make sure that your family's basic needs are met or would you just sit there and watch your loved ones starve? That's the case with many of the illegals coming here from Latin America.

Illegal immigration is taking a serious toll on our country, that's a given, but the issue is more complicated than many people paint it to be.

What would YOU do?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-08-2017, 02:20 PM

7,687 posts, read 5,127,243 times
I wouldn't have kids.

These people need to stop having so many babies

Old 03-08-2017, 03:01 PM

6,251 posts, read 3,419,626 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by westcoastforme View Post
I wouldn't have kids.

These people need to stop having so many babies
Having multi-children in Central American including Mexico happens because they are Catholic which preaches that people should not use birth control. Why? because more money can be confiscated by the church by the uneducated/misinformed masses.

Old 03-08-2017, 03:23 PM

20,524 posts, read 15,916,452 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Catdancer View Post
You live in an impoverished 3rd world country. There are no jobs, inflation is out of control, your children are hungry and your government will not issue you a visa to leave the country. Would you do whatever you have to, to make sure that your family's basic needs are met or would you just sit there and watch your loved ones starve? That's the case with many of the illegals coming here from Latin America.

Illegal immigration is taking a serious toll on our country, that's a given, but the issue is more complicated than many people paint it to be.

What would YOU do?
LatAm; starvation ain't a problem in MOST countries there, def NOT in Mexico in 2017. LatAm needs to fix its own broken culture. Period.

Old 03-08-2017, 04:03 PM

22,481 posts, read 12,018,893 times
Quote:

What would YOU do?
First of all, those illegals coming here from Mexico, Central and South America are not starving. If they were starving, they never would have been able to make the long trek through harsh desert landscapes.

What would I do? First of all, I wouldn't have kids that I can't support. If my family was starving, I would go out foraging for food or do some fishing. In a tropical climate, finding food is much easier than in a temperate climate. I wouldn't just sit there and do nothing. That said, I would never sneak into another country and live there illegally. Not only is it wrong but my conscience would really bother me.

It's not up to the US to take in the entire third world. Doing so would only drag us down to third world status. Charity starts at home. That means our citizens come first and foremost. If we have plenty left over, then we help the legal immigrants.

Old 03-08-2017, 04:17 PM

3,106 posts, read 1,772,422 times
Quote:

What would YOU do?
I understand why many feel they must leave where they are and come to the US, and might do the same were I in their circumstances, but that doesn't mean the US must have open borders. There are other options. Those who think the US should have open borders could instead reach into their own pockets and feed those kids so as to enable those families to stay in Mexico, Central America or wherever. They choose not to do that however.

Old 03-08-2017, 05:29 PM

25,965 posts, read 22,149,005 times
Quote:

What would YOU do?
I would obey the law. I always obey the law. Millions of people in those countries where the illegal aliens are crawling in from OBEY the law. I have been poor in America as a citizen and no one supported me, I found my own way.

These people need to work with their own government and make demands like they do here, go into the streets and burn buildings, block highways, etc. in their own country and have a voice.

Sorry, but we have homeless people here and have had for years, elderly that can't afford their medications, veterans not getting the mental health services they need...............

The law is the law. Of course, Catdancer, you support letting criminals out of prison to go home and support their families, retrieve children from the homes of relatives, IF the children have not already been adopted out of social services, right?

Sorry, I see way too many Americans being shortchanged to take pity on these illegal aliens who come here, bellies full of babies, packs full of illegal drugs............

Tell you what, take your argument to these families:

Victims of Illegal Aliens Memorial

Examples of Serious Crimes By Illegal Aliens

What about the poor in Asia and Africa? Shouldn't we go bring them all in also? Shouldn't they have the opportunities to break our laws also?

A lot of people in the US broke laws in an effort to improve the lives of their families, yet I don't see any threads saying they should not be held to the letter of the law.

America First:

http://www.feedingamerica.org/hunger...ww.google.com/

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-us...0T908720151120

Old 03-08-2017, 06:17 PM

1,059 posts, read 831,701 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rantiquity View Post
Having multi-children in Central American including Mexico happens because they are Catholic which preaches that people should not use birth control. Why? because more money can be confiscated by the church by the uneducated/misinformed masses.
Don't forget the machismo culture in Mexico. There are plenty of Catholic countries that do not have out-of-control childbirth rates.

Old 03-08-2017, 07:01 PM

20,524 posts, read 15,916,452 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie1004 View Post
Don't forget the machismo culture in Mexico. There are plenty of Catholic countries that do not have out-of-control childbirth rates.
Word is the birthrate in Mexico's just over 2 kids per woman in 2017

Old 03-08-2017, 08:00 PM

863 posts, read 1,197,509 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnywhereElse View Post
I would obey the law. I always obey the law. Millions of people in those countries where the illegal aliens are crawling in from OBEY the law. I have been poor in America as a citizen and no one supported me, I found my own way.

These people need to work with their own government and make demands like they do here, go into the streets and burn buildings, block highways, etc. in their own country and have a voice.

Sorry, but we have homeless people here and have had for years, elderly that can't afford their medications, veterans not getting the mental health services they need...............

The law is the law. Of course, Catdancer, you support letting criminals out of prison to go home and support their families, retrieve children from the homes of relatives, IF the children have not already been adopted out of social services, right?

Sorry, I see way too many Americans being shortchanged to take pity on these illegal aliens who come here, bellies full of babies, packs full of illegal drugs............

Tell you what, take your argument to these families:

Victims of Illegal Aliens Memorial

Examples of Serious Crimes By Illegal Aliens

What about the poor in Asia and Africa? Shouldn't we go bring them all in also? Shouldn't they have the opportunities to break our laws also?

A lot of people in the US broke laws in an effort to improve the lives of their families, yet I don't see any threads saying they should not be held to the letter of the law.

America First:

Hunger Facts & Poverty Statistics | Feeding America®

More than 500,000 people homeless in the United States: report | Reuters

I didn't ask for personal views on illegal immigration nor did I declare my position on the subject. It's very presumptuous of you to assume you know my views at all, let alone "what I support." I admitted in the OP that illegal immigration is taking a serious toll on our country. Perhaps you didn't see that part through the red haze that settled over your eyes.

Your trump-like diatribe was uncalled for. I work with the disabled, the elderly and the vets right here in the good ole USA...everyday. It's my job. I don't need to be educated on their plight by the likes of you. Hell, I'm practically poor myself. I asked a simple question: What Would You Do in that situation?

Personally, I would do whatever it took to keep my family provided for. If I had to leave my country to do so, I would.......legally or not.

Save your righteousness for another thread.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration