Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-23-2017, 09:38 AM

3,105 posts, read 3,846,016 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruz Azul Guy View Post
Please point out to me where I've done this.
You're suggesting that the only difference between documented and "undocumented" is a simple piece of paper, and that those that disagree with you, "have nothing to be ashamed. Just don't pretend that your concern is with the legality piece."

So you're conveniently ignoring all the laws and procedures that the "documents" represent. A document is SO MUCH MORE than just a piece of paper.

Fact is that in attempting to acquire legal documentation, most would not meet the requirements. Hence your suggestion that the only difference between illegal and legal is documentation, shows your complete disrespect for our countries laws.

Quote:
Well, that, my friends, would indicate that legality has nothing to do with your outrage. You are anti-immigrant, plain and simple. It's nothing to be ashamed of. Just don't pretend that your concern is with the legality piece.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-23-2017, 09:50 AM

4,481 posts, read 2,297,838 times
Quote:
That is fine, you're certainly entitled to that opinion. And thank you for providing additional support to my original post.
No country in the world wants a massive influx of poor, uneducated, unskilled people. That's the exact reason immigration laws exist. It's not a racist thing, it's not an anti-immigration thing. As a rational adult I don't expect any country on this planet to just let me walk in without proper vetting, and if they deny me entry then so be it. It's their country, protecting their citizens, I should have no expectations of anything from them.

Old 03-23-2017, 01:07 PM

3,457 posts, read 1,461,878 times
My biggest problem is how bad the undocumented are treated. They have no recourse. If we get good guest worker programs actually working again, and make immigrating legally here more attainable, especially for our neighboring countries, I think everyone will benefit.

To accuse everyone of hating all immigrants in a blanket statement is just avoiding the realities of immigration reform. We need it, we desperately need immigration reform.

Old 03-23-2017, 01:31 PM

26,062 posts, read 22,263,896 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tokinouta View Post
My biggest problem is how bad the undocumented are treated. They have no recourse. If we get good guest worker programs actually working again, and make immigrating legally here more attainable, especially for our neighboring countries, I think everyone will benefit.

To accuse everyone of hating all immigrants in a blanket statement is just avoiding the realities of immigration reform. We need it, we desperately need immigration reform.
Undocumented? Do you mean people that have misplaced or lost their documents?

I think you mean, illegal aliens, right? Well, about 50% of them are documented, they have stolen the identities of American citizens. Criminals have limitations on them. Our own citizen criminals have to be careful and wouldn't bring attention to themselves either.

We don't immigrants. We already don't have enough resources for our own poor, many families are homeless, elderly going without medications, people that can't pay for utilities, people with disabilities on long waiting lists for services................ Also, many of the legal immigrants are drawing public assistance! How do we benefit from allowing more to come into the country?

We DO NOT need immigration reform. We have laws in place and had they have been enforced, we would not be facing a bill every year of $11 billion for services for illegal aliens and have some the horrific crimes being committed by illegal aliens every day here in the US. They are bringing their 3rd world values here!

I have watched citizens replaced by illegal aliens, my husband was one of them in a manufacturing facility, one that gets government contracts. I watched my son with DS be cheated out of the educational services that he needed because "English As a Second Language" was the priority.

NO MORE OF IT!

Old 03-23-2017, 02:40 PM

10,244 posts, read 16,423,900 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colorado^ View Post
You're suggesting that the only difference between documented and "undocumented" is a simple piece of paper, and that those that disagree with you, "have nothing to be ashamed. Just don't pretend that your concern is with the legality piece."

So you're conveniently ignoring all the laws and procedures that the "documents" represent. A document is SO MUCH MORE than just a piece of paper.

Fact is that in attempting to acquire legal documentation, most would not meet the requirements. Hence your suggestion that the only difference between illegal and legal is documentation, shows your complete disrespect for our countries laws.
Whoa, simmer down there chief. Pardon my oversimplification of the process. I did that to make my point in the most efficient way possible. As someone who has witnessed the process twice from beginning to end I can tell you that it really amounts to alot of paper pushing in order to get a card. That's the process in a nutshell.

Old 03-23-2017, 02:56 PM

3,105 posts, read 3,846,016 times
Quote:
Whoa, simmer down there chief. Pardon my oversimplification of the process. I did that to make my point in the most efficient way possible. As someone who has witnessed the process twice from beginning to end I can tell you that it really amounts to alot of paper pushing in order to get a card. That's the process in a nutshell.
It's not an oversimplification. You fabricated an alternative reality where the only difference between a illegal and legal immigrant is a piece of paper. Which of course is totally false.

You have to qualify for that bit of paper. There are quotas and standards, which would exclude most of the "undocumented" who are in the county illegally.

You also tried to make out like being "undocumented" it's really a crime, but as I pointed out it cost Americans jobs and billions of tax payer dollars.

Then, the icing on the cake was to call us hypocrites. When Mexico has strict and enforced immigration policies. There is only one hypocrite in this story.

Old 03-23-2017, 03:12 PM

Ok, sorry but what does Mexico have to do with anything?

Old 03-23-2017, 03:34 PM

22,537 posts, read 12,092,550 times
Quote:
Ok, sorry but what does Mexico have to do with anything?
It's all about hypocrisy but you knew that already.

Mexico and its supporters expect us to take in millions of illegals. When the US gets tough on illegals, Mexico has a hissy fit. Why is it okay for them to have strict immigration laws but not the US?

Old 03-23-2017, 03:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post
It's all about hypocrisy but you knew that already.

Mexico and its supporters expect us to take in millions of illegals. When the US gets tough on illegals, Mexico has a hissy fit. Why is it okay for them to have strict immigration laws but not the US?
That may be, I just don't see how that is relevant at all to any points I've made.

Old 03-23-2017, 03:41 PM

4,481 posts, read 2,297,838 times
Quote:
The process can be easy as pushing an easy button and printing a piece of paper. Proper vetting will not allow poor, uneducated, unskilled people to enter the country, from any country. And we don't want to change that, doesn't matter which part of the world you came from.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration