Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-07-2008, 07:28 PM

13,387 posts, read 19,449,716 times

Advertisements

Video:
SENTINEL VIDEO: Mayor proclaims March to be Lou Dobbs-free | Sentinel Multimedia | Santa Cruz Sentinel Blogs
"Santa Cruz mayor declares March as "Lou Dobbs-free Month"
Sentinel staff report
Article Launched: 03/07/2008 12:19:38 PM PST

SANTA CRUZ Ca.-- The mayor, in a quixotic move unrelated to city business, is asking Santa Cruz residents to turn off "Lou Dobbs Tonight."
The boycott, announced Wednesday in a proclamation written by Mayor Ryan Coonerty that declares March a "Lou Dobbs-free month," is retaliation for the CNN anchor's criticism of Rep. Sam Farr, D-Carmel, after the congressman told an Immigration and Customs Enforcement official last week that his constituents view the agency as similar to the secret Nazi police, the Gestapo.

read more........
Santa Cruz mayor declares March as "Lou Dobbs-free Month" - Santa Cruz Sentinel
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-08-2008, 01:29 AM

Location: Los Angeles, which as I understand was once upon a time ago part of the United States of America
849 posts, read 1,048,612 times
CNN has had Dobbs off the air in prime time on the west coast since 2005 -- I guess we need all-out censorship. Like we don't have enough illegal immigration cheerleaders already, and we need to take the one guy who presents counterpoints off the air entirely.

Old 03-08-2008, 06:04 AM

18,483 posts, read 15,285,052 times
Maybe the rest of us should boycott Santa Cruz until they elect a new mayor.

Old 03-08-2008, 07:45 AM

I don't know what he's trying to proove. Anyone that's willing too botcott Lou isn't fighting on our side in the first place.

Old 03-08-2008, 08:12 AM

21,144 posts, read 42,166,134 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnesthesiaMD View Post
Maybe the rest of us should boycott Santa Cruz until they elect a new mayor.
Side note here:

What is it about flagrantly over priced places to live and alleged 'Liberals'?

Almost as if those people 'need' illegal immigrants to do their 'scut' work'; if the above had to pay citizens/green card holders proper (legal) wages-----it would likely cause a mass exodus of residents out of Santa Cruz, Marin County, Boston, etc. because their living expenses would soar.

Oh well. It would not hurt them to have to live within their means as regular folks.

Old 03-09-2008, 10:48 PM

493 posts, read 638,229 times
Appearantly the mayor is a major pothead...or very pro-pot...to bad he is so stoned that his head is where then sun doesn't shine on illegal immigration...surely there are more progressive minded individuals like myself...who don't want illegal aliens in the freakin' country?! I mean, I support the minutemen and all...but it seems they are one big conglomerate of conservatives...you know illegal aliens aren't the only thing they talk about...aren't there liberals who will stand up and say let's deport them. That being said Santa Cruz seems like a cool place, but they should probably get someone who isn't a neo-marxist in the mayor's office.

Old 03-09-2008, 11:06 PM

This mayor will probably be backed by the Mayor of LA and half the congressmen that represent So Cal.

Old 03-09-2008, 11:29 PM

157 posts, read 310,193 times
Talking Logic

I like watching Lou Dobbs tell them off and I will continue to watch and laugh. GO LOU!!!

Old 03-10-2008, 10:08 AM

9,601 posts, read 31,730,632 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkfarnam View Post
I don't know what he's trying to proove. Anyone that's willing too botcott Lou isn't fighting on our side in the first place.
RIGHT ON, mkfarnam . . . obviously another ANAL approach to THE TRUTH and REALTY!

Old 03-10-2008, 10:11 AM

9,601 posts, read 31,730,632 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
Oh well. It would not hurt them to have to live within their means as regular folks.
God forbid, ArizonaBear . . . are you expecting REALTY?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration