Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-09-2008, 05:15 PM

9,963 posts, read 18,538,165 times

Advertisements

Another tree of positivity amongst the negative forest here regarding Mexicans:

Thrift store worker finds $30,000 in cash; returns it - CNN.com (http://www.cnn.com/2008/US/03/09/money.found.ap/index.html - broken link)

Maybe you won't look askance at every Mexican you meet.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-09-2008, 05:35 PM

1,818 posts, read 3,099,008 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach50 View Post

Thrift store worker finds $30,000 in cash; returns it - CNN.com (http://www.cnn.com/2008/US/03/09/money.found.ap/index.html - broken link)

Thank you for that post, it is nice balance on this forum to know their are good people from every walk of life.
Sassy

Old 03-09-2008, 06:01 PM

8,978 posts, read 16,583,388 times
An encouraging post...it SHOULD point out to the racists among us the "goodness" inherent in ALL people, Mexicans as well as everyone. I don't see any mention of illegal immigration in the story, though.(which is what MOST of the forum is about)...

Most rational, thinking people would KNOW that MOST Mexicans are good and decent people. Hopefully this will remove some of the lingering doubts.

Old 03-09-2008, 06:08 PM

26,706 posts, read 41,862,320 times
Quote:

Ok Mach50, we know that there are good mexicans in the US. This article doesnt include her immigration status or her country of origin for that matter (Nunezs dont come from just Mexico believe me.) SO what is the revelance of this article to immigration or even race for that matter?

Old 03-09-2008, 06:11 PM

1,818 posts, read 3,099,008 times
Most rational, thinking people would KNOW that MOST Mexicans are good and decent people. Hopefully this will remove some of the lingering doubts.

I could not agree more, wonder how many people would be honest enough to turn in the $30,000? The owner of that thrift shop, better hang onto that employee

Old 03-09-2008, 06:12 PM

21,144 posts, read 42,211,406 times
Quote:

I have met many fine people from Mexico-------read that ones here legally.

Old 03-09-2008, 06:23 PM

9,963 posts, read 18,538,165 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alanboy395 View Post
Ok Mach50, we know that there are good mexicans in the US. This article doesnt include her immigration status or her country of origin for that matter (Nunezs dont come from just Mexico believe me.) SO what is the revelance of this article to immigration or even race for that matter?
At the end of the article it states:

Quote:
Nunez said she will send some of the reward to Mexico so her mother can have an eye operation and will use the rest to buy a digital camera

I just figured people often assume the legality of a Mexican committing a crime, so in this case you can assume what you like for the legality of this act of good.

Last edited by Mach50; 03-09-2008 at 07:28 PM..

Old 03-09-2008, 08:22 PM

21,026 posts, read 22,197,722 times
Quote:

Well, since I'm not a racist I look askance at everyone no matter what their color , race, or nation of origin.

Using one or two stories to prove a point about race is racist.....

I bet there's a negative "forest" about anyone who is a criminal and that's what I find here.

I haven't seen anything negative about respectful, law-abiding citizens here.

Old 03-09-2008, 09:02 PM

4,803 posts, read 8,764,960 times
There is no mention of illegal immigration in this story. Why do you insist on dragging racism into the mix at every turn? Totally ridiculous....

Where are your feel good stories about Lithuanians or Guatemalans or Ugandans or Martians?

Opposition to illegal immigration doesn't equal racism toward Mexicans. It is the opposition to the illegal entry in this country by ANY person of ANY nationality from ANY country ANYwhere.

Old 03-09-2008, 09:04 PM

21,144 posts, read 42,211,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kele View Post
There is no mention of illegal immigration in this story. Why do you insist on dragging racism into the mix at every turn? Totally ridiculous....

Where are your feel good stories about Lithuanians or Guatemalans or Ugandans or Martians?

Opposition to illegal immigration doesn't equal racism toward Mexicans. It is the opposition to the illegal entry in this country by ANY person of ANY nationality from ANY country ANYwhere.
The pro illegal crowd are showing signs of desperation with the hammer coming down harder against the above lawbreakers.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration