Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-12-2008, 05:51 PM

1,268 posts, read 1,135,189 times

Advertisements

WCBS NEWSRADIO 880 - Little Children Found Wandering in Westchester (http://www.wcbs880.com/Little-Children-Found-Wandering-in-Westchester/1810097 - broken link)

Hard to believe anyone would choose the fear of deportation over the safety of your family

Last edited by Exedous; 03-12-2008 at 06:04 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-12-2008, 06:01 PM

21,144 posts, read 42,131,207 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exedous View Post
WCBS NEWSRADIO 880 - Little Children Found Wandering in Westchester (http://www.wcbs880.com/Little-Children-Found-Wandering-in-Westchester/1810097 - broken link)

Hard to believe anyone will choose the safety of their family over the thought of being deported.
I think you meant to say: Hard to believe anyone would choose the fear of deportation over the safety of your family

Old 03-12-2008, 06:03 PM

1,268 posts, read 1,135,189 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
I think you meant to say: Hard to believe anyone would choose the fear of deportation over the safety of your family
Haha, yea. I haven't gotten too much sleep lately. This day light savings bull is waring me out.

Old 03-12-2008, 06:06 PM

21,144 posts, read 42,131,207 times
Quote:
Haha, yea. I haven't gotten too much sleep lately. This day light savings bull is waring me out.
It's all good

Old 03-12-2008, 11:41 PM

47,525 posts, read 69,692,979 times
One less child to abandon if she's deported.

Old 03-12-2008, 11:51 PM

97 posts, read 504,036 times
Default Same old sob story for a criminal

When this child's mother intentionally, knowingly, and willfully chose to violate US federal laws by entering America unlawfully, she has no one to blame but herself. It's amazing how illegal aliens create such problems for their children. The mother should be deported. If she was a fit parent (she is not) she would take her kids back to her country, Mexico.

Old 03-12-2008, 11:54 PM

220 posts, read 381,672 times
Quote:

Hard to believe anyone would choose the fear of deportation over the safety of your family
Such is the moral fiber of more than a few of the illegals coming into this country.

Old 03-13-2008, 02:04 AM

510 posts, read 1,459,772 times
Quote:

And your point is? I mean, are we supposed to feel bad and change the laws because of this? Sure, it's sad for the kids, we're not monsters, we just don't believe in illegal immigration! Didn't the mother ever THINK something like that could happen? As a parent is is your DUTY to anticipate dangers to your children. You stop being allowed to be an idiot once you have children. At least you should.

I'm serious, you started a thread and you must have had a reason...can you tell me what you are trying to "teach" all of us by trying to play on our emotions??

You know, actually she should NOT get her kids back! Because she was afraid of being deported, she allowed her babies to wander the streets??? Stop and give that some thought! She took a chance at them being killed or picked up by a child molester. WHY? Because she was selfish and HER life in America was more important to her than her own children's safety.

Boy, I'm GLAD you posted this, it just makes me more convinced of my beliefs. Thanks!

Old 03-13-2008, 04:40 AM

Location: Los Angeles, which as I understand was once upon a time ago part of the United States of America
849 posts, read 1,046,447 times
Maybe the mother had enough children where that losing one was only a small percentage loss altogether. And, perhaps if she didn't report the loss she was still nevertheless entitled to the associated government entitlements, so perhaps it was a win-win in her opinion.

Old 03-13-2008, 06:47 AM

4,803 posts, read 8,749,253 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunvixen View Post
And your point is? I mean, are we supposed to feel bad and change the laws because of this? Sure, it's sad for the kids, we're not monsters, we just don't believe in illegal immigration! Didn't the mother ever THINK something like that could happen? As a parent is is your DUTY to anticipate dangers to your children. You stop being allowed to be an idiot once you have children. At least you should.

I'm serious, you started a thread and you must have had a reason...can you tell me what you are trying to "teach" all of us by trying to play on our emotions??

You know, actually she should NOT get her kids back! Because she was afraid of being deported, she allowed her babies to wander the streets??? Stop and give that some thought! She took a chance at them being killed or picked up by a child molester. WHY? Because she was selfish and HER life in America was more important to her than her own children's safety.

Boy, I'm GLAD you posted this, it just makes me more convinced of my beliefs. Thanks!

I think what the OP meant was that he was dumbfounded that this woman chose NOT to report her child missing because she was afraid of being deported...

I don't believe he was looking for sympathy for this woman....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration