U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 03-17-2008, 05:47 PM
 
2,039 posts, read 5,916,046 times
Reputation: 580

Advertisements

I just received this in an email. What are your views on all of this? I hope I didn't violate any rules here, I tried to follow the link and copyright rules, etc.

The media skews things (both ways) and we need to read everything we can to make the best voting decision at this critical time in our history.

What costs more per year than the Iraq War?


Included are the URLs for verification of the following facts:

1. $11 Billion to $22 Billion is spent on welfare to illegal aliens each year http://tinyurl.com/zob77

2. $2.2 Billion dollars a year is spent on food assistance programs such as food stamps, WIC, and free school lunches for illegal aliens Center for Immigration Studies


3. $2.5 Billion dollars a year is spent on Medicaid for illegal aliens.
[http://www.cis.org/articles/2004/fiscalexec.html

4. $12 Billion dollars a year is spent on primary and secondary school education for children here illegally and they cannot speak a word ofEnglish
http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/0604/01/ldt.0.html (broken link)

5. $17 Billion dollars a year is spent for education for the American-born children of illegal aliens, known as anchor babies.
http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/0604/01/ldt.01.html

6. $3 Million Dollars a DAY is spent to incarcerate illegal aliens.
http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/0604/01/ldt.01.html

7. 30% percent of all Federal Prison inmates are illegal aliens.
http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/0604/01/ldt.01.html

8. $90 Billion Dollars a year is spent on illegal aliens for Welfare and Social Services by the American taxpayers.
http://premium.cnn.com/TRANSCIPTS/0610/29/ldt.01.html (broken link)

9. $200 Billion Dollars a year in suppressed American wages are caused by the illegal aliens. http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/0604/01/ldt.01.html


10. The illegal aliens in the United States have a crime rate that's two-and-a-half times that of white non-illegal aliens.. In particular, their children, are going to make a huge additional crime problem in the US
http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/0606/12/ldt.01.html

11. During the year of 2005 there were 4 to 10 MILLION illegal aliens that crossed our Southern Border also, as many as 19,500 illegal aliens from Terrorist Countries. Millions of pounds of drugs, cocaine, meth, heroin and marijuana, crossed into the U.S. from the Southern border. Homeland Security Report.
http://tinyurl.com/t9sht

12. The National Policy Institute, 'estimated that the total cost of mass deportation would be between $206 and $230 billion or an average cost of between $41 and $46 billion annually over a five year period.'http://www.nationalpolicyinstitute.org/pdf/deportation.pdf
13. In 2006 illegal aliens sent home $45 BILLION in remittances back to their countries of origin.
http://www.rense.com/general75/niht.html

14. 'The Dark Side of Illegal Immigration: Nearly One Million Sex Crimes Committed by Illegal Immigrants In The United States
http://www.drdsk.com/articles.html#Illegals
Dr. Deborah Schurman-Kauflin, Violent Crimes Institute
Dr. Deborah Schurman-Kauflin, Violent Crimes Institute

Total cost is a whopping $338.3 BILLION A YEAR!

Snopes is provided for doubters:
http://www.snopes.com/politics/immigration/bankofamerica.asp

The United StatesSenate voted to extend Social Security Benefits to illegal aliens beginning in 2008. The following are the senators who voted to give illegal aliens Social Security benefits. They are grouped by home state. If a state is not listed, there was no voting representative.
Arizona : McCain (R)
Arkansas : Lincoln (D) Pryor (D)
California : Boxer (D) Feinstein (D)
Colorado: Salazar (D)
Connecticut: Dodd (D) Lieberman (D)
Delaware : Biden (D) Carper (D)
Florida : Martinez (R)
Hawaii : Akaka (D) Inouye (D)
Illinois : Durbin (D)Obama (D)
Indiana: Bayh (D) Lugar (R)
Iowa : Harkin (D)
Kansas : Brownback (R)
Louisiana: Landrieu (D)
Maryland : Mikulski (D) Sarbanes (D)
Massachusetts : Kennedy (D) Kerry (D)
Montana: Baucus (D)
Nebraska : Hagel (R)
Nevada: Reid (D)
New Jersey: Lautenberg (D) Menendez (D)
New Mexico : Bingaman (D)
New York : Clinton (D)Schumer (D)
North Dakota : Dorgan (D)
Ohio : DeWine (R) Voinovich(R)
Oregon : Wyden (D)
Pennsylvania : Specter (R)
Rhode Island : Chafee (R) Reed (D)
South Carolina : Graham (R)
South Dakota : Johnson (D)
Vermont : Jeffords (I) Leahy (D)
Washington: Cantwell (D) Murray (D)
West Virginia : Rockefeller (D), by Not Voting
Wisconsin : Feingold (D) Kohl (D)

THE ENTIRE POPULATION OF THE UNITED STATES NEEDS TO KNOW THIS INFORMATION, UNLESS THEY DON'T MIND SHARING THEIR SOCIAL SECURITY WITH FOREIGN WORKERS who didn't pay in a dime.

Last edited by londonbarcelona; 03-17-2008 at 06:02 PM.. Reason: take out code sizing
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 03-17-2008, 06:15 PM
 
Location: Southern Arizona
9,503 posts, read 28,109,688 times
Reputation: 11351
Downright scary, isn't it, LondonBarcelona?
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-17-2008, 06:24 PM
 
Location: California
1,268 posts, read 934,281 times
Reputation: 76
Does it ask people on the welfare forms if they are citizens on the U.S? I wonder.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-17-2008, 07:01 PM
 
2,039 posts, read 5,916,046 times
Reputation: 580
Arrow Is this too harsh?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bummer View Post
Downright scary, isn't it, LondonBarcelona?
I live in Scottsdale, Arizona so yeah, it is. Except, I don't necessarily agree with all the negative views. Here is my opinion. And everyone, please - keep in mind that this is my opinion. My solution to the 'problem' is as follows:

Set a deadline in which all illegal immigrants have to sign up for a "green card." I would say, maximum; 2 weeks. If you set a longer provision time, too many others will come over expecting the same benefits. I would, during these two weeks, bring the National Guard to patrol the border. (More than what is there now obvi) And I mean an armed soldier every 10 feet.

I would then have all illegal immigrants go to the stated location (police headquarters, library, hospital, school, etc.) to be fingerprinted, mug shot, DNA swipe and given a "green" card or special license in which it gives the illegal person a Social Security number. Perhaps starting with an "I."

This form of "ID" would have to be carried for a length of say, 5 years. During those 5 years (or said given time) the illegal may now receive government assistance, PAY TAXES, GET BILLED for medical services, obtain a drivers license, insurance, loans, JOBS, etc. They would now be required to pay up, like the rest of us. No more free rides!

However, if they commit a crime, it may possibly be easier to find and convict them because their ID's will already be in the system. I would not send them to a U.S. prison. I would instead, brand (not tattoo) them (I know, that sounds so horrible, and I'm Jewish!) so that if stopped for even a simple infraction, they are sent back to where they came from and because of the "mark of a convict" they would not be able to re-enter the states, nor would they want to. This mark would have to be visible for all to see in order for potential employers to know they are hiring a convicted criminal or not. No more excuses that they "didn't know."

After the said amount of time, the illegals would be able to turn in their "green card" and receive a regular social security number (perhaps have the "I" removed) and be officially made into an American citizen.

I would also do something that I think would make many Americans feel much more comfortable about all this. I would NOT allow anymore dual language signs. No more press 2 for Spanish. I would require that all potential citizens learn English and that it be required in order to receive government services, school loans, hosiptal stays, etc. I think one of the major issues in the United States at this time is the on-going loss of the English language.

Throughout history, that is the one thing that has bonded all people in the United States. A common language. If they want to speak Polish, Turkish, Spanish, Greek, whatever at home, fine! But we, as a country, need to return to some of our roots (the ones that united us.)

Please don't get send me nasty messages, I am not calling all Hispanics criminals, try to remember, there are plenty of OTHER nationalities here illegally also! My experience with Hispanics and other newcomers to our country has been, for the most part, positive.

Remember:

Theodore Roosevelt on Immigrants and being an AMERICAN:

"In the first place we should insist that if the immigrant who comes here in good faith becomes an American and assimilates himself to us, he shall be treated on an exact equality with everyone else, for it is an outrage to discriminate against any such man because of creed, or birthplace, or origin. But this is predicated upon the man's becoming in very fact an American, and nothing but an American...There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn't an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag, and this excludes the red flag, which symbolizes all wars against liberty and civilization, just as much as it excludes any foreign flag of a nation to which we are hostile...We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language...and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people."
Theodore Roosevelt 1907


I respectfully await further input.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-17-2008, 08:05 PM
 
4,828 posts, read 7,127,151 times
Reputation: 621
Quote:
Originally Posted by londonbarcelona View Post
I just received this in an email. What are your views on all of this? I hope I didn't violate any rules here, I tried to follow the link and copyright rules, etc.

The media skews things (both ways) and we need to read everything we can to make the best voting decision at this critical time in our history.

What costs more per year than the Iraq War?


Included are the URLs for verification of the following facts:

1. $11 Billion to $22 Billion is spent on welfare to illegal aliens each year http://tinyurl.com/zob77

2. $2.2 Billion dollars a year is spent on food assistance programs such as food stamps, WIC, and free school lunches for illegal aliens Center for Immigration Studies


3. $2.5 Billion dollars a year is spent on Medicaid for illegal aliens.
[http://www.cis.org/articles/2004/fiscalexec.html

4. $12 Billion dollars a year is spent on primary and secondary school education for children here illegally and they cannot speak a word ofEnglish
http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/0604/01/ldt.0.html (broken link)

5. $17 Billion dollars a year is spent for education for the American-born children of illegal aliens, known as anchor babies.
http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/0604/01/ldt.01.html

6. $3 Million Dollars a DAY is spent to incarcerate illegal aliens.
http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/0604/01/ldt.01.html

7. 30% percent of all Federal Prison inmates are illegal aliens.
http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/0604/01/ldt.01.html

8. $90 Billion Dollars a year is spent on illegal aliens for Welfare and Social Services by the American taxpayers.
http://premium.cnn.com/TRANSCIPTS/0610/29/ldt.01.html (broken link)

9. $200 Billion Dollars a year in suppressed American wages are caused by the illegal aliens. http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/0604/01/ldt.01.html


10. The illegal aliens in the United States have a crime rate that's two-and-a-half times that of white non-illegal aliens.. In particular, their children, are going to make a huge additional crime problem in the US
http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/0606/12/ldt.01.html

11. During the year of 2005 there were 4 to 10 MILLION illegal aliens that crossed our Southern Border also, as many as 19,500 illegal aliens from Terrorist Countries. Millions of pounds of drugs, cocaine, meth, heroin and marijuana, crossed into the U.S. from the Southern border. Homeland Security Report.
http://tinyurl.com/t9sht

12. The National Policy Institute, 'estimated that the total cost of mass deportation would be between $206 and $230 billion or an average cost of between $41 and $46 billion annually over a five year period.'http://www.nationalpolicyinstitute.org/pdf/deportation.pdf
13. In 2006 illegal aliens sent home $45 BILLION in remittances back to their countries of origin.
http://www.rense.com/general75/niht.html

14. 'The Dark Side of Illegal Immigration: Nearly One Million Sex Crimes Committed by Illegal Immigrants In The United States
http://www.drdsk.com/articles.html#Illegals
Dr. Deborah Schurman-Kauflin, Violent Crimes Institute
Dr. Deborah Schurman-Kauflin, Violent Crimes Institute

Total cost is a whopping $338.3 BILLION A YEAR!

Snopes is provided for doubters:
http://www.snopes.com/politics/immigration/bankofamerica.asp

The United StatesSenate voted to extend Social Security Benefits to illegal aliens beginning in 2008. The following are the senators who voted to give illegal aliens Social Security benefits. They are grouped by home state. If a state is not listed, there was no voting representative.
Arizona : McCain (R)
Arkansas : Lincoln (D) Pryor (D)
California : Boxer (D) Feinstein (D)
Colorado: Salazar (D)
Connecticut: Dodd (D) Lieberman (D)
Delaware : Biden (D) Carper (D)
Florida : Martinez (R)
Hawaii : Akaka (D) Inouye (D)
Illinois : Durbin (D)Obama (D)
Indiana: Bayh (D) Lugar (R)
Iowa : Harkin (D)
Kansas : Brownback (R)
Louisiana: Landrieu (D)
Maryland : Mikulski (D) Sarbanes (D)
Massachusetts : Kennedy (D) Kerry (D)
Montana: Baucus (D)
Nebraska : Hagel (R)
Nevada: Reid (D)
New Jersey: Lautenberg (D) Menendez (D)
New Mexico : Bingaman (D)
New York : Clinton (D)Schumer (D)
North Dakota : Dorgan (D)
Ohio : DeWine (R) Voinovich(R)
Oregon : Wyden (D)
Pennsylvania : Specter (R)
Rhode Island : Chafee (R) Reed (D)
South Carolina : Graham (R)
South Dakota : Johnson (D)
Vermont : Jeffords (I) Leahy (D)
Washington: Cantwell (D) Murray (D)
West Virginia : Rockefeller (D), by Not Voting
Wisconsin : Feingold (D) Kohl (D)

THE ENTIRE POPULATION OF THE UNITED STATES NEEDS TO KNOW THIS INFORMATION, UNLESS THEY DON'T MIND SHARING THEIR SOCIAL SECURITY WITH FOREIGN WORKERS who didn't pay in a dime.
these so called facts have been debunked so many times. I'll just point one out for you.

Quote:
Each year, state governments spend an estimated $11 billion to $22 billion to provide welfare to immigrants
Included are the URLs for verification of the following facts:

1. $11 Billion to $22 Billion is spent on welfare to illegal aliens each year http://tinyurl.com/zob77

Note the link you provided for verification stated the welfare was for legal immigrants, not illegal immigrants.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-17-2008, 08:46 PM
 
2,039 posts, read 5,916,046 times
Reputation: 580
Default okay, sure

Quote:
Originally Posted by blacknight04 View Post
these so called facts have been debunked so many times. I'll just point one out for you.



Included are the URLs for verification of the following facts:

1. $11 Billion to $22 Billion is spent on welfare to illegal aliens each year http://tinyurl.com/zob77

Note the link you provided for verification stated the welfare was for legal immigrants, not illegal immigrants.
I can't say that I disagree, as I mentioned in the original post, these points were sent to me in an email. However, I do feel the hospital systems are in crisis mode because of the overwhelming burden placed on hospitals having to pick up the tab for many illegals. Let me check to see if I can find the link about the story I read in today's Arizona Republic.

Found it! When the motorcycle that illegal immigrant Laura Velázquez was riding slammed into a concrete wall, it cost a Phoenix hospital $478,000 to save her life.

The hospital is footing the bill.


Last edited by londonbarcelona; 03-17-2008 at 08:54 PM.. Reason: found link
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-17-2008, 09:00 PM
 
2,039 posts, read 5,916,046 times
Reputation: 580
Quote:
Originally Posted by blacknight04 View Post
these so called facts have been debunked so many times. I'll just point one out for you.



Included are the URLs for verification of the following facts:

1. $11 Billion to $22 Billion is spent on welfare to illegal aliens each year http://tinyurl.com/zob77

Note the link you provided for verification stated the welfare was for legal immigrants, not illegal immigrants.
You are correct, except it DOES mention illegal immigrants also.

Unfortunately, it lead me to another part of the website which was actually even worse than the ones I posted from the e-mail I had received!

See for yourself:

The information below is taken from news sources. The aliens in these reports were all identified as being in the country illegally, and many of them had come into the hands of law enforcement agencies prior to the crime that is described below, but the alien was not deported or in some cases was deported but reentered the country.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-17-2008, 09:06 PM
 
Location: California
1,268 posts, read 934,281 times
Reputation: 76
Quote:
Originally Posted by londonbarcelona View Post
You are correct, except it DOES mention illegal immigrants also.

Unfortunately, it lead me to another part of the website which was actually even worse than the ones I posted from the e-mail I had received!

See for yourself:

The information below is taken from news sources. The aliens in these reports were all identified as being in the country illegally, and many of them had come into the hands of law enforcement agencies prior to the crime that is described below, but the alien was not deported or in some cases was deported but reentered the country.
I highly doubt any illegal immigrant will willingly tell a random person that they are illegal.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-17-2008, 09:07 PM
 
4,828 posts, read 7,127,151 times
Reputation: 621
Quote:
Originally Posted by londonbarcelona View Post
You are correct, except it DOES mention illegal immigrants also.

Unfortunately, it lead me to another part of the website which was actually even worse than the ones I posted from the e-mail I had received!

See for yourself:

The information below is taken from news sources. The aliens in these reports were all identified as being in the country illegally, and many of them had come into the hands of law enforcement agencies prior to the crime that is described below, but the alien was not deported or in some cases was deported but reentered the country.
Where does it say illegal immigrants receive it also? A quote would be appreciated.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-17-2008, 09:13 PM
 
2,039 posts, read 5,916,046 times
Reputation: 580
Quote:
Originally Posted by blacknight04 View Post
Where does it say illegal immigrants receive it also? A quote would be appreciated.
sure: "Illegal immigrants are barred from the following federal public benefits:" However, please do not misconceive what I said. I said it mentioned illegal immigrants, I did NOT say that they received it also. *smile*
same article.

However, you are correct in the legal/illegal claim. I just read the article (I hadn't read them all since she sent so many to me at once in that email!) and she got the amount right, just that they were LEGAL and not illegal!
Quote: "Each year, state governments spend an estimated $11 billion to $22 billion to provide welfare to immigrants.2"

To anyone who has the chance, make sure you read the articles I posted since it appears the person who sent it to me may not have their facts straight. I will be sure to let her know! Sorry guys.........

I think we should all keep in mind that when the government says illegal, they mean from EVERY country (you should see how many are from Germany!)

Last edited by londonbarcelona; 03-17-2008 at 09:33 PM.. Reason: link addition and apology
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2020, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Contact Us - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 - Top