Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-18-2018, 11:15 AM

2,805 posts, read 3,244,367 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
Mexican's and other nationalities who have come to the U.S. and legally have gotten their citizenship are all for this, otherwise, they feel this is a slap in the face to them, and so unfair....and are all for this....
My wife is one of them who came here legally, she too is very unhappy with liberals fighting for illegals instead of those who have come here legally and citizens, of which she is one.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-18-2018, 12:10 PM

5,738 posts, read 5,428,064 times
Yeah if you used that statistic on citizens it would be about the same. "90% of people who do something to get arrested are repeat offenders." Does that sound wrong or no?

Old 06-18-2018, 12:48 PM

28,883 posts, read 30,181,434 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Lee View Post
My wife is one of them who came here legally, she too is very unhappy with liberals fighting for illegals instead of those who have come here legally and citizens, of which she is one.
our politicians started this many years ago....and btw, this was going on with Clinton, and during the Obama Administration....so....

I cannot understand, where these people think all this money is coming from to take care of these people...to send the kids to school, medical attention, food, clothing, shelters?

Common sense tells you its going to be the decline of the U.S.

Old 06-19-2018, 04:50 PM

11,930 posts, read 6,520,906 times
“Mexico is not sending its best people here.”
—Donald Trump

Old 06-19-2018, 05:52 PM

4,750 posts, read 3,556,791 times
And of course an ICE director wouldn't lie about that, would he?

For every statistic you give, I'll give you five that contradict it - - and ones that aren't by lapdogs to Trump.

Old 06-19-2018, 09:39 PM

12,003 posts, read 11,851,991 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boris347 View Post
Don't talk about that. The Illegal Aliens are what the Liberal Democrat "Walking Dead" brain dead nuts are wanting for their voter base, so they can make us a Communist Nation with Fascist Police State Law, no Constitution and no Bill of Rights.
Riddle me this: Please provide us with your definitions of the following:

"Illegal Aliens".

"Liberal Democrats"

"Liberals.

"Democrats".

"'Walking Dead'".

"brain dead nuts" (explain the lack of capitalization of this term, unlike your capitalization of the other terms used in your post).

"voter base". (ditto lack of capitalization).

"Communist".

"Fascist".

"Police State Law".
"Constitution".

"Bill of Rights".

Please also explain your use of capitalization of most of these terms, which is not consistent with the rules of English grammar.

You seem fond of buzz-words. Perhaps sharing your definitions of each of these terms would help readers here understand your POV more effectively, so a more in-depth and nuanced debate can occur.

Old 06-20-2018, 08:24 PM

13,580 posts, read 15,582,077 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
The thread title reads 9 of 10.

Hint: That's 90%.

I added the words "as well".

Hope that helps.
You're alleging 90% of US citizens have been arrested?

Old 06-20-2018, 09:53 PM

3,490 posts, read 3,782,708 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
our politicians started this many years ago....and btw, this was going on with Clinton, and during the Obama Administration....so....

I cannot understand, where these people think all this money is coming from to take care of these people...to send the kids to school, medical attention, food, clothing, shelters?

Common sense tells you its going to be the decline of the U.S.
That’s really my issue, I’m against illegal immigration as much as anyone, but shipping these illegal kids to places like Michigan is not going to end well. Was it a free trip? Who’s footing the bill for the foster care?
How about the ones that don’t go back with their parents, are we giving them SS numbers? How many are going to get lost in the system and end up with traffickers?

The government can’t run healthcare, but now they’re babysitters?

Old 06-21-2018, 05:12 AM

5,090 posts, read 2,026,894 times
Quote:
Sure puts a hole in the liberal bs that illegals are honest people.
Or after the Russian collusion, Stormy Daniels, Separated children is the new cause as shown in this meme.
https://imgflip.com/i/2cj42i

Old 06-21-2018, 05:27 AM

28,883 posts, read 30,181,434 times
Quote:
Sure puts a hole in the liberal bs that illegals are honest people.
Mr. Lee, I don't buy this...reason being, I know people who have hired them to come work for them...you cannot put down a whole people, b/c some are bad, and maybe it's more than some, but I won't ever believe it's 9 out of 10, sorry and I'm a total conservative....but I refuse to buy this crap and I'm against illegal immigration, with a passion....

so....

Sorry, but this is the other side of the coin pushing their agenda.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration