Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-22-2017, 05:36 AM

10,244 posts, read 16,377,717 times

Advertisements

Anti-illegal would be if you had a problem with undocumented immigrants but if we simply provided them some paperwork and gave them a green card then you'd be "cool" with it. After all, they would then be considered "legal."

However if you're response to that is hell no, we don't need those 11 million immigrants here. They need to go back to their country of origin. I'm cool with like 5,000 of them staying so long as they aren't living in my town. 'Merica!

Well, that, my friends, would indicate that legality has nothing to do with your outrage. You are anti-immigrant, plain and simple. It's nothing to be ashamed of. Just don't pretend that your concern is with the legality piece.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-22-2017, 06:35 AM

4,481 posts, read 2,287,481 times
I guess I'll bite on this baited question. You want to reward criminal activity. Pat yourself on the back.

I broke into your house, but since I'm inside now and cleaning the house while you're at work its cool. You'll give me a bed in your shed. Sounds legit.

Old 03-22-2017, 06:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by max210 View Post
I guess I'll bite on this baited question. You want to reward criminal activity. Pat yourself on the back.

I broke into your house, but since I'm inside now and cleaning the house while you're at work its cool. You'll give me a bed in your shed. Sounds legit.
Yeah I guess I don't really think it's fair to compare someone's documentation and status in a country with breaking and entering. Especially when half of them actually entered legally and then overstayed their visas. Even people like Arnold Schwartzenegger and Michael J. Fox and Salma Hayek were here illegally at some point in their life. This has to do with a broken immigration system more than anything. Sometimes something simple like getting an extension on a visa can take over a year to process. I don't equate this to your example of stereotypical criminal activity, nor believe it is at all fair to do so.

Old 03-22-2017, 07:24 AM

24,502 posts, read 17,245,671 times
Well, your post had me thinking how important it is to stream line the immigration process. Of course not all illegal aliens sneak across the border there are many more who overstay their Visas and wind up in a bind.

Trump wants to stop those from walking in then get to work on the rest that are already here and like any business man who takes over a company he wants to cut the waste and streamline the system BUT he is facing push back at everything he proposes.

I agree with Max210 analogy. We lock our doors to protect what we have worked for, America is our home so why shouldn't we lock our backdoor so we don't wake up to find someone who is trespassing in our living room?

Old 03-22-2017, 07:45 AM

25,960 posts, read 22,132,993 times
Undocumented immigrant? OK, that would be someone that needs to get copies of their immigration papers having misplaced or lost them. That should not be an issue.

Now, many illegal aliens are documented, actually I read about 50%, since they steal the identities of US citizens. Illegal, but Not Undocumented | Center for Immigration Studies They are committing identity fraud.

Entering the US without authorization is a crime. So everyone that entered the US without authorization is a criminal. Those overstaying their visas are outside the law and deportable. Committing a crime makes one what? A criminal. We have a prescribed way to deal with that. As with our own citizen criminals, we expect the laws to be obeyed or see the people dealt with per the law.

It isn't that we are "anti" anything, just pro law enforcement. Based on your "idea", if I am stopped today because I don't have a driver's license, no problem, just issue me one and write it off. The same with auto insurance. No business license? No problem. Go and get a business license and we'll forget about your operating a business without a license. If I am caught shoplifting, no problem, just let me get the money and pay and it isn't a criminal offense. If my dog gets loose today and is picked up by animal control, when I go down, no ticket per the law, I just pick up my dog and take it home. No rabies shot per the law, no problem, just get the shot and we'll forget about it. If I embezzle 100,000 from a company, just let me pay that back and all will be forgotten. Ah, no, that isn't how the law works and it shouldn't. Being pro illegal and proud of it really does not speak well of the character of the person expressing such a thing.

I'm "cool" with the law being enforced.

Your conclusion about anyone not falling for what you wrote as "anti-immigrant" fails. We are pro enforcement of our laws and anyone that isn't needs to get on the bus with illegal aliens and haul tail for the southern border!

Are we anti illegal activities? Darn right we are as should everyone be.

Old 03-22-2017, 07:57 AM

Ok, so given your love of law, you would then support the idea of the 11 million returning to their countries of origin, filling out some paperwork, getting a Visa mailed to them and then re-entering?

Old 03-22-2017, 08:25 AM

15,436 posts, read 25,822,958 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruz Azul Guy View Post
Ok, so given your love of law, you would then support the idea of the 11 million returning to their countries of origin, filling out some paperwork, getting a Visa mailed to them and then re-entering?
All 11 million can't be allowed back. Some will be approved, some wouldn't. This is all theoretical of course. That is what I see as fair.

Old 03-22-2017, 08:33 AM

25,960 posts, read 22,132,993 times
Quote:
That isn't the way the law works either. Can you use "google"? Within the law: How to Immigrate Into the United States Permanently: 12 Steps This one even has "pictures"!

This is why illegal aliens should haul tail for the border if they want a chance at coming back in, they need to go before they are deported: How Long After Deportation Must I Wait Before Returning to the U.S.? | Nolo.com

Something about "within the law" seems to escape you. All laws are on the internet and these laws were passed by congress, those men/women elected by the people, the citizens of the USA.

Within the law.

I voted for Trump based on 2 criteria: the economy/lack of jobs and no amnesty! I live among these people turning our town into a 3rd world dump, bringing their world to ours and, we, the taxpayers picking up the tab! I know the laws and want them enforced and you can twist and turn anyway you like, but you will lose based on the law.

http://www.the-american-interest.com...united-states/

http://www.fairus.org/facts/illegal-...-amnesty-polls

http://www.rasmussenreports.com/publ...border_control

http://www.rasmussenreports.com/publ...ation_not_less

Last edited by AnywhereElse; 03-22-2017 at 08:49 AM..

Old 03-22-2017, 08:37 AM

3,105 posts, read 3,835,606 times
Quote:
Anti-illegal would be if you had a problem with undocumented immigrants but if we simply provided them some paperwork and gave them a green card then you'd be "cool" with it. After all, they would then be considered "legal."

However if you're response to that is hell no, we don't need those 11 million immigrants here. They need to go back to their country of origin. I'm cool with like 5,000 of them staying so long as they aren't living in my town. 'Merica!

Well, that, my friends, would indicate that legality has nothing to do with your outrage. You are anti-immigrant, plain and simple. It's nothing to be ashamed of. Just don't pretend that your concern is with the legality piece.
Nice try, but LEGAL immigration has quotas.

I support legal immigration, but not illegal's sneaking into our country. We have boarders and we have laws and it is not racist to want those laws enforced.

Old 03-22-2017, 09:02 AM

4,481 posts, read 2,287,481 times
100 million can apply. 10,000 might get in. Why am I concerned that the others didn't get in? We're going to keep going in circles, you and I will not be satisfied. Only difference is were correct because we recognize we are not above the law.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration