Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-10-2018, 09:37 AM

39,868 posts, read 26,498,769 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by texan2yankee View Post
It makes no logical sense for a father to choose to permanently remove himself from his child's life by committing suicide because his child was temporarily taken from his custody.
It makes even less sense for those that support criminals to use this "man" as a poster child for their cause.

Old 06-10-2018, 09:45 AM

3,105 posts, read 3,832,942 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbcmh81 View Post
The compassion and empathy are overwhelming. "Glad he's dead!" "He should've followed the law!!"

There is no coming back from this cultural rot. America has become a gross, despotic nation full of so many people who have abandoned all humanity. It's hard to imagine what has to happen to actively find this news to be something to celebrate. You wonder just what went wrong with us.

No need to wonder. Our country and our resources are under siege from a hostile neighboring nation.

It's the traitors that support such things that makes me wonder.

Old 06-10-2018, 09:46 AM

5,888 posts, read 3,224,058 times
So we are supposed to feel extra sorry for his family or what? All because he created this entire situation voluntarily, and took a trip just to try to break into someone else’s country and then went psycho when the heist was interrupted and they were caught in the midst of their break-in attempt?

Is that the emotion the globalist white hating media is trying to coke up with this story and incessant coverage of this insignificant event that nobody would be discussing if these America haters didn’t have the agenda that they do?

And then what....what’s the game plan? We are all going to feel so guilty for having immigration laws and borders that we will just let all the invaders come in and mooch off us without repercussions, right?

Nope. Ain’t gonna happen.

All the detainees who want to come to the US to kill themselves...here’s a tip; nobody cares. We don’t care if you kill yourself at home either so just save yourself the trip and do it there.

Old 06-10-2018, 09:51 AM

50,262 posts, read 47,023,439 times
So it's our fault and not their Country? Backwards universe time. What a bunch of loons. There were two victims here, the illegal aliens and the US taxpayers.

Old 06-10-2018, 10:33 AM

20,757 posts, read 8,570,932 times
That's why we need quick deportations. They came here together, they can leave together.

Old 06-10-2018, 12:36 PM

1,059 posts, read 830,516 times
As much as a suicide tugs on my emotions - especially in our current climate of a sharp increase of US suicides - we have laws. A high percentage of the so-called asylum seekers are bogus. There are other countries closer to Honduras where those really seeking asylum should go. Killing oneself, as the saying goes, is a permanent solution to a temporary problem. Now he will never see his child. Doing this to a child is extremely selfish and makes me wonder how important these children really are to the parents with obvious deep emotional problems, much larger than looking for a better life.

Question: For those seeking asylum, shouldn't the first place to go be the US Embassy? Perhaps the citizens of these crime-ridden countries need to be taught the consequences of coming to the US, the most generous country in the world, but we have immigration laws that have been broken for decades.

It seems "asylum seeker" is the newest ploy, at least according to the media, because everyone who shows up at the border is now considered an asylum seeker/refugee. Does that means there are no more illegal aliens crossing into our country?

Old 06-10-2018, 12:52 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,711,350 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colorado^ View Post
Maybe he should follow our countries laws!
My thoughts, I feel so sorry for his family but I am not feeling too sorry for him. He is responsible for tearing his family apart. I don't care where he was from or why he wanted to come here. Does this sound cold? to many of you it probably does, but he was breaking the law. Not to mention it doesn't sound like he was to rational to begin with.

Old 06-10-2018, 12:54 PM

1,059 posts, read 830,516 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tokinouta View Post
So there are about 90 murders per 100,000 in Honduras, and almost 2000 per 100,000 in say, Detroit.

Yet they make this journey believing America is the land of safety and opportunity. Countless times I've heard immigrants complain about America not living up to its reputation. I wish there was some way to educate these people about what they will experience here. What the policies will be when they get here so that we might help them at least know what they are getting themselves into.

Such a long journey to be disappointed in. If they knew it would mean separation of the family for months maybe even a year when they arrived, and that their safety wouldn't be guaranteed here any more than it was guaranteed in Honduras, maybe that would help.

It's heartbreaking and easy to understand how hard separation will be but at the same time they could have easily expected this and prepped for it. Then they could decide if it's worth it or not.
The most recent murder rate (2016) in Honduras is 92 per 100,000. According to the FBI's latest figures (2016) St. Louis has the highest at 68.8 per 100,000, while Chicago sits in the middle at 23 per 100,000. Still too high, but there is no getting around the fact that we have our own problems with murders and crime.

The US is not the Shangri La it is depicted in many countries.

Old 06-10-2018, 02:02 PM

3,458 posts, read 1,454,502 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie1004 View Post
The most recent murder rate (2016) in Honduras is 92 per 100,000. According to the FBI's latest figures (2016) St. Louis has the highest at 68.8 per 100,000, while Chicago sits in the middle at 23 per 100,000. Still too high, but there is no getting around the fact that we have our own problems with murders and crime.

The US is not the Shangri La it is depicted in many countries.
Yeah, my link was skewed a bit but still, I'm glad you saw my point. It's not a wonderland here, and the process they will experience when they get here could be told to them long before they are starting out. Then if being separated from their kids was worth it, and they understood they might not even make it they might realize they have to stay and try other solutions.

It seems everyone is so shocked by the process.

Old 06-10-2018, 03:38 PM

21,467 posts, read 10,570,105 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbcmh81 View Post
The compassion and empathy are overwhelming. "Glad he's dead!" "He should've followed the law!!"

There is no coming back from this cultural rot. America has become a gross, despotic nation full of so many people who have abandoned all humanity. It's hard to imagine what has to happen to actively find this news to be something to celebrate. You wonder just what went wrong with us.
People need to make their own governments accountable, or apply to come here in the usual way. I feel for these people, but this has got to stop. When there are several thousand people coming, of course the detention centers can’t keep the families together. If the man had just waited patiently, he would have been reunited with his family, and possibly allowed to stay at the end of it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration