Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-22-2018, 03:47 PM

23,654 posts, read 17,514,296 times

Advertisements

Angel Mom Says Trump Saved Her From Suicide | The Daily Caller

Durden said at an event for angel families that she is a legal immigrant and always sought to protect her son from harm.
“And I didn’t drag my son … through borders, over deserts, I didn’t place him in harm’s way. I protected my child from harm but I couldn’t do that on July 12, 2012,” she began.

Durden’s son, Dominic, was killed when an illegal immigrant took a wrong turn driving an unlicensed truck and struck him on his motorcycle. The illegal immigrant had a record of drunk driving.
“This is my only child. I have no family. That’s it,” Durden said, struggling through tears. “The public needs to know and they deserve to know that this could happen to each one of you at any second.”

What about these families. Seems the Dems only care about getting illegals here and the ones who came in legally, they don't care about.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-22-2018, 04:45 PM

25,447 posts, read 9,809,749 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post

Durden said at an event for angel families that she is a legal immigrant and always sought to protect her son from harm.
“And I didn’t drag my son … through borders, over deserts, I didn’t place him in harm’s way. I protected my child from harm but I couldn’t do that on July 12, 2012,” she began.

Durden’s son, Dominic, was killed when an illegal immigrant took a wrong turn driving an unlicensed truck and struck him on his motorcycle. The illegal immigrant had a record of drunk driving.
“This is my only child. I have no family. That’s it,” Durden said, struggling through tears. “The public needs to know and they deserve to know that this could happen to each one of you at any second.”

What about these families. Seems the Dems only care about getting illegals here and the ones who came in legally, they don't care about.
I am very sorry for her loss. I can't imagine.

That being said, how many Americans have killed other Americans while driving drunk? It's always a tragedy.

Old 06-22-2018, 05:58 PM

6,844 posts, read 2,847,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trobesmom View Post

That being said, how many Americans have killed other Americans while driving drunk? It's always a tragedy.

I think it's 29 people a day die in drunk driving related crashes. And yes it's tragic. A local politician turned one into a political football like Janelle here did, and his widow was pretty ticked about it.

Here's an excerpt and a link, if you'd like to read it

Quote:
Deborah Monroe, wife of Jeffrey Monroe, told IndyStar Thursday that the crash thrust her private family into the spotlight as politicians focus on illegal immigration rather than drunken driving, which she considers to be the larger issue.
Manuel Orrego-Savala, a Guatemalan citizen who was living in the U.S. illegally, is charged in connection with the Feb. 4 deaths of Monroe and Indianapolis Colts linebacker Edwin Jackson.

Monroe was shocked the first time she saw the advertisement, which she said uses her husband's name and photo without the family's permission.

"I thought I was going to be sick," she said. "And then I started getting mad."

https://www.indystar.com/story/news/...-ad/364724002/

Old 06-22-2018, 06:55 PM

1,059 posts, read 831,002 times
Maybe we should just open up the borders and let everyone in? That should make the left wingers happy... until something happens to one of their friends or family members. If the US hadn't been so lax over the past 30 years, we would not have this problem. It's time to quit blaming the present administration for following the laws already on the books. (I personally can't stand Trump, but that is not a good reason to pile on him every chance people get.)

If one is truly seeking asylum, then s/he needs to apply in the country nearest to the one from which s/he is fleeing (per international law). Then there are the numerous US Consulates in these countries that properly handle true asylum cases.

What an example we're showing of our country. No wonder the human traffickers are busier than ever and have upped the number of illegal crossings, while endangering the very people who are seeking their help.

Old 06-23-2018, 12:15 AM

22,473 posts, read 12,003,345 times
Quote:

The point is that if these illegals weren't here in the first place, their victims would still be alive.

No one is disputing that Americans kill other Americans. We have enough problems with homegrown lowlifes. We don't need to import anymore or allow those who came here illegally to stay in this country.

Old 06-23-2018, 12:36 AM

16,236 posts, read 5,882,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post
The point is that if these illegals weren't here in the first place, their victims would still be alive.

No one is disputing that Americans kill other Americans. We have enough problems with homegrown lowlifes. We don't need to import anymore or allow those who came here illegally to stay in this country.
It truly amazes me how the left will attempt to minimize or mitigate the crimes committed by illegals by using the excuse "But Americans do it too."

Old 06-23-2018, 12:47 AM

10,400 posts, read 15,586,421 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post

(1) number one DUI arrest.

(2) number two long prison sentence .

(3)number 3 deportation to his native country.

Old 06-23-2018, 05:25 AM

19,845 posts, read 12,106,658 times
If the illegal who killed her son had a record of driving drunk, why wasn’t he deported the first time he was caught driving while intoxicated?

Old 06-23-2018, 06:32 AM

24,502 posts, read 17,239,538 times
Last night on Hannity he played a clip of this poor woman telling her story. It is tragic.

The world is a dangerous place and imagine getting a call and told that a loved one has been killed by a drunk driver and then have that pain compounded by the fact that the driver was an illegal alien that had multiple run ins with the law and had been deported before.

Imagine being one of those moms, dads, siblings of that person that died because our government let us down.

Imagine turning on the news and being bombarded with the Lefty media and Dems telling you how inhumane it is to be detaining people at the border and how many are willing to turn their backs on the law to let these people populate their sanctuary cities all the while denouncing and trashing the President for trying to prevent the needless crimes and deaths that these illegal aliens cause.

It is sickening.

Old 06-23-2018, 07:57 AM

652 posts, read 340,713 times
Quote:

That is true, but why allow people with substance abuse issues to to come here illegally and add to the problem.

Maybe if Nancy Pelosi’s daughter was killed by an illegal who was DWI she would feel differently.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration