Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-23-2018, 07:35 PM

16,581 posts, read 8,600,121 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AguaDulce View Post
Prosecute employers who hire undocumented or illegal immigrants. Take away the incentive. The numbers will decrease.
Good answer to a different question, however you accidentally or intentionally avoided answering the question in this thread.

Regardless of the incentives/disincentives that cause/deter illegal "immigration", how many of a foreign country/culture are you ok with, before you reach a number you draw the line with?

Zero

or as many as can across the border, even if it means every human in all of central and south America?

`
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-23-2018, 09:07 PM

12,016 posts, read 12,754,485 times
How many have we been okay with, they have been here for many decades and the sky has not fallen, they have repaired your roofs and cleaned your homes and have taken care of your children.

Old 06-23-2018, 09:28 PM

10,244 posts, read 16,369,864 times
To answer the OP’s question, zero. An open door policy would mean that those entering the US would be doing so legally.

Old 06-23-2018, 09:59 PM

22,470 posts, read 11,990,487 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LifeIsGood01 View Post
How many have we been okay with, they have been here for many decades and the sky has not fallen, they have repaired your roofs and cleaned your homes and have taken care of your children.
You don't speak for me. "They" haven't repaired my roof. Nor have "they" cleaned my home or taken care of my child.

Apparently, you haven't seen your neighborhood and schools destroyed by illegal immigration. If you have, you would have an idea as to how massive the problem is.

Old 06-24-2018, 05:43 AM

3,106 posts, read 1,769,164 times
Quote:
They haven't done any of that work for me but they have cost the taxpayers hundreds of billions in healthcare expense, food stamps, schools, the justice system for the criminal element amongst them and so forth.

Old 06-24-2018, 05:53 AM

5,051 posts, read 3,579,034 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Biker53 View Post
They haven't done any of that work for me but they have cost the taxpayers hundreds of billions in healthcare expense, food stamps, schools, the justice system for the criminal element amongst them and so forth.

Sure dude and they have worked and paid taxes - in fact a lot more of them have done their part working two even three jobs but keep drinking the anti-immigrant kool-aid and stay tuned to Fox.

This is not as simple as "they're illegal" and "breaking the law". Most of our ancestors came to the US without being invited first and they are simply following that tradition. If the majority of the US doesn't want any illegals then secure the borders, stop willful ignorance of their presence, and crack down on employers employing them - that will dry up illegal immigration real quick.

Don't tell someone who has been living and working here for a decade or more they are unwelcome, unwanted and illegal. (it takes 7 years to become a citizen- many illegals have been here 10 + years)

Old 06-24-2018, 07:22 AM
miu

17,769 posts, read 40,163,673 times
Quote:
I am not okay with illegal immigrants... ever. They haven't repaired my roofs or cleaned my home. In fact, I have never hired a cleaning person. And I am childfree, so I don't need illegals to take care of any children!!! And of my friends who need childcare, they use au pairs which come here legally and then leave the US.

And Spanish speaking co-workers have made for hostile working environments for Americans. They are so rude chattering away in Spanish all day long and making English speaking people feel like outsiders. No wonder Americans don't want to apply for certain jobs because of this.

As to US vacation hotspots that can't find enough SEASONAL workers, it's because of the high rents in those areas at peak tourist season. Workers can't afford to live there to work SEASONALLY. So the answer to that problem is NOT allowing in illegals and their children. They have no money, so where are they going to live while they work???

And you forget the high cost of educating illegal children in grade schools. On average that is $11K a year to educate an English speaking child.. so tack on added expense for Spanish speaking teachers that have to both teach those children a new language (English) and catch them up to the academic level of American students.

And why should we educate the children of illegals? None of the DACAs want to return to their home country, let alone desire to try to improve the quality of life in their home country. It's wrong for the US to create a situation of taking away the best young people in those cr@phole countries.

And what about the Native Americans? Who are YOU to keep inviting more outsiders into their country? Especially when the Native Americans are still struggling in their communities with poverty and a lack of good job opportunities, alcoholism and other problems.

Old 06-24-2018, 07:43 AM

3,106 posts, read 1,769,164 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vacanegro View Post
Sure dude and they have worked and paid taxes - in fact a lot more of them have done their part working two even three jobs but keep drinking the anti-immigrant kool-aid and stay tuned to Fox.

This is not as simple as "they're illegal" and "breaking the law". Most of our ancestors came to the US without being invited first and they are simply following that tradition. If the majority of the US doesn't want any illegals then secure the borders, stop willful ignorance of their presence, and crack down on employers employing them - that will dry up illegal immigration real quick.

Don't tell someone who has been living and working here for a decade or more they are unwelcome, unwanted and illegal. (it takes 7 years to become a citizen- many illegals have been here 10 + years)
When my ancestors came to the US they had to fully fend for themselves. There were no entitlements. That is the key difference folks like you choose to ignore. Yes the illegals who are not getting paid under the table pay taxes, but the taxes they pay do not even remotely cover the cost to taxpayers of the aggregate illegal alien community.

If I had my way anyone hiring an illegal, including suburban housewives hiring cleaning ladies and lawn maintenance guys, would be criminally charged. Put a few of them doing the perp walk on the nightly news and the situation would start resolving itself real fast.

As a compromise for the long term resident illegals (10+ years???) I could probably be convinced to legalize them if they can demonstrate that they have been fully supporting, including having non-subsidized healthcare, for say the past 5 years, filed their tax returns (w/o getting earned income credits), and have a clean criminal record.

Old 06-24-2018, 07:47 AM

7,974 posts, read 7,349,728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Biker53 View Post
This. In a nutshell.

BTW, local Amish perform any roof repairs needed around here. And do a darn fine job of it.

Old 06-24-2018, 07:58 AM
miu

17,769 posts, read 40,163,673 times
English needs to become the official and only language of America. And the only language used to teach in our classrooms. And if the children of illegals don't know English, then send their Spanish speaking children back to their Spanish speaking country. My tax dollars should not being spent on special ed. English classes for these students.

You want a "free" quality public education in America for your children? Then teach your children English first.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration