Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-28-2018, 08:21 PM

5,109 posts, read 2,050,817 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PilgrimsProgress View Post
Whoever wrote the article will be fired.
I guess the guys who allowed it to be printed in the NY Times will be fired as well or they might get an "accident".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-28-2018, 09:22 PM

41,110 posts, read 25,734,548 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
Yawn. So if you agree it was so bad, why are you folks all for it now?
Yawn, lol, nice try. If it's so bad why was nothing said during the Obama administration. Answer, because the media never reported bad things about Obama. They were too busy swooning over him. And people like you bought it all. Worse, when you know the media didn't report honestly, you defend them or try to blame everyone else... sad... Obama worship.

Now go back to being triggered. That's what the media wants.

Old 06-29-2018, 12:45 AM

1,059 posts, read 830,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bpollen View Post

The babies were with their families. There are, as I write this, thousands of children, including infants & toddlers, who the administration cannot match with a parent. They didn't track it. The Judge stated just that. That people get receipts for wallets, cars, all sorts of property, when they are detained & incarcerated. But with children, the parents got nothing. Their children were taken away and shipped off, and the parents weren't told where,and sometimes were told they were taking the children for a bath, then just didn't bring them back. Cruel and inhuman.
I do not believe a word of that.

If these people hadn't come here illegally, "separations" would not occur. And how about all the women who leave their children behind to come to the US to make money. Where are the fathers? I only hear about the "poor mothers." The blame for dragging children on a dangerous journey lies firmly with the parents, not the US government. Actions have consequences.

If the previous administrations had adhered to the immigration laws on the books over the past 30 years, we would not be in this predicament.

What happened to the Democrats? They have been hijacked by extreme left wingers. The Republicans are no better, except we only hear from the far far right who worship Trump on Fox. Even the Reoublican party is fractured. Until both parties go back to their original identities and work for the US citizens, we are doomed to become even more divided as a nation.

We cannot accept the world's poor forever with no end in sight. Asylum? Only 5-7% are ever eventually granted asylum. That seems to be the latest "buzz word." We need common sense, NOT mud-slinging.

Last edited by Annie1004; 06-29-2018 at 12:59 AM..

Old 06-29-2018, 05:29 AM

3,079 posts, read 1,745,013 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie1004 View Post
I do not believe a word of that.

If these people hadn't come here illegally, "separations" would not occur. And how about all the women who leave their children behind to come to the US to make money. Where are the fathers? I only hear about the "poor mothers." The blame for dragging children on a dangerous journey lies firmly with the parents, not the US government. Actions have consequences.

If the previous administrations had adhered to the immigration laws on the books over the past 30 years, we would not be in this predicament.

What happened to the Democrats? They have been hijacked by extreme left wingers. The Republicans are no better, except we only hear from the far far right who worship Trump on Fox. Even the Reoublican party is fractured. Until both parties go back to their original identities and work for the US citizens, we are doomed to become even more divided as a nation.

We cannot accept the world's poor forever with no end in sight. Asylum? Only 5-7% are ever eventually granted asylum. That seems to be the latest "buzz word." We need common sense, NOT mud-slinging.
Nailed it. Not to mention many of these people are not even really the parents of these children. Smugglers use children because they know in previous years they've been released if they show up with child. Trump's not buying that anymore. All he's doing is enforcing the law. Don't forget that the liberal 9th circuit court of appeals was the court that said you couldn't keep the children with the parents.

https://cdn.ca9.uscourts.gov/datasto...6/15-56434.pdf

So what are we to do? Just release everyone into our country? Yeah that makes a lot of sense

By the way, when a guy robs a liquor store or steals a car guess what? He's separated from his children. These people have only themselves to blame for this, and the media is playing you lefties like a fiddle. You are falling for it hook, line and sinker.

Old 06-29-2018, 05:38 AM

59,056 posts, read 27,306,837 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bryan85 View Post
I thought the New York times always gives Obama a pass?!

Even a broken clock is right twice a day!

Old 06-29-2018, 05:38 AM

16,236 posts, read 5,880,554 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
Yawn. So if you agree it was so bad, why are you folks all for it now?
Or
If you agree it is so bad why was the left ok with it when the Obama Admin did it? Why is it only bad that it happened on Trump's watch too?
I would argue that it is due to selective outrage.

Old 06-29-2018, 05:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bryan85 View Post
I thought the New York times always gives Obama a pass?!

It is NOTED you did NOT comment on the article itself.

"The author of the Op-Ed wrote on the condition of anonymity because of “gang-related threats” her family has faced. She explained that she wanted to flee the violence of her native El Salvador, so she came to the United States, seeking a new life, during President Barack Obama’s second term in the White House. “Instead, I found myself locked in a family immigration detention center. It’s an experience that I wouldn’t wish on anyone,” she wrote.

Old 06-29-2018, 05:46 AM

Quote:
Fox News is a mouthpiece for the GOP and takes actual memos with talking points from it. And we all know that Hannity gets his orders from Trump; they speak every night.

That's not a source of real news, as we all know. If the detention centers had been nicer, Fox would write that Obama used a lot of taxpayer money giving illegals hotel-like accommodations.

The babies were with their families. There are, as I write this, thousands of children, including infants & toddlers, who the administration cannot match with a parent. They didn't track it. The Judge stated just that. That people get receipts for wallets, cars, all sorts of property, when they are detained & incarcerated. But with children, the parents got nothing. Their children were taken away and shipped off, and the parents weren't told where,and sometimes were told they were taking the children for a bath, then just didn't bring them back. Cruel and inhuman.
"Fox News is a mouthpiece for the GOP( the article is in the NY Times NOT FOX) and takes actual memos with talking points from it. And we all know that Hannity gets his orders from Trump; they speak every night."

This would be funny except you actually believe it!

"Their children were taken away and shipped off,"

Where do you come up with this garbage, MSNBC or one of the other alphabet TV stations?

Old 06-29-2018, 12:36 PM

20,757 posts, read 8,579,752 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hrw-500 View Post
I guess the guys who allowed it to be printed in the NY Times will be fired as well or they might get an "accident".

Nah. They will be #MeToo'd

Old 06-30-2018, 01:47 AM

652 posts, read 340,593 times
Quote:
Fox News is a mouthpiece for the GOP and takes actual memos with talking points from it. And we all know that Hannity gets his orders from Trump; they speak every night.

That's not a source of real news, as we all know. If the detention centers had been nicer, Fox would write that Obama used a lot of taxpayer money giving illegals hotel-like accommodations.

Don’t be afraid to educate yourself. The Democrats thrive on the ignorance of their followers. Try to break free.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration