Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-02-2008, 01:00 PM

582 posts, read 2,043,313 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach50 View Post
So what everyone is saying, is that every jobless, willing to work, American can do nothing but sit and whine about illegals taking their jobs?

Are people really that lazy?
Yes they are and that's just being used as an excuse.Like i said in another thread,sitting on a couch eating potato chips and watching jerry springer ain't heppening.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-02-2008, 02:13 PM

16,225 posts, read 27,534,261 times
Quote:
So what everyone is saying, is that every jobless, willing to work, American can do nothing but sit and whine about illegals taking their jobs?

Are people really that lazy?
I don't know about others on this board, but in my particular case, I don't know any jobless, willing-to-work Americans - all my friends and family who want to work already do.

Maybe you could contact your local welfare or unemployment office and volunteer your time to be a motivational speaker and instill some of that can-do attitude of illegal aliens in those who really need the pep talk.

Old 04-02-2008, 11:49 PM

164 posts, read 517,578 times
Quote:
Honestly for all the complaints here in this forum about Hispanics being in your neighborhoods, speaking spanish in public etc...

What would bringing them in legally really accomplish for your quality of life? I mean whether you bring them legally or them come in illegally they are still here.
Frankly, I'm surprised that more people don't grasp this important fact.

The world is over populated. There are too many people crowded into our cities sharing scarce resources. There are too many poorly educated, poorly paid citizens in our country already. So what should we do to help this situation?

I KNOW!!!

We'll let in an uncontrolled flood of people! Anyone who wants to crowd in here, let's just let them. Especially people who aren't high school graduates, who don't have a chance for a better way of life, just subsistance. Wow! What a brilliant idea! I'm ecstatic with joy over this idea!

Riiiiight. Lets just go on pretending that anyone who opposes uncontrolled immigration is simply racist. Oh yeah, and lets pretend they are lazy because they actually HOPE for a better way of life for themselves and their children and maybe even their neighbors and their environment. Yeah, that's great. Lets do that, shall we?

Old 04-02-2008, 11:52 PM

61,255 posts, read 87,646,713 times
no but would you like to take pictures of illegals lining up to take the jobs that americans should do? go over to the front of home depot anytime with your cell phone and click away.

Old 04-03-2008, 12:45 AM

9,962 posts, read 18,544,854 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
no but would you like to take pictures of illegals lining up to take the jobs that americans should do? go over to the front of home depot anytime with your cell phone and click away.
Nothing stopping Americans from standing out in front of Home Depot looking for work right along with those illegals.

Old 04-03-2008, 05:41 AM

1,472 posts, read 2,304,571 times
Quote:
Nothing stopping Americans from standing out in front of Home Depot looking for work right along with those illegals.
Except that the Americans who want to work either are or are out pounding the bricks looking.
The old fashioned way, door to door, application, resume, working the net and net working with friends.
Not standing around waiting to be picked up.
Though I can truthfully say that in central Oklahoma I really haven't seen the groups of day labor waiting around for pickup.
Dont recall hearing of it either. .

Old 04-03-2008, 06:05 AM

1,448 posts, read 3,113,200 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach50
I know we have 2 daylabor sites here in Gainesville Fl, but you must sign up for work. You are not allowed to stand outside and solicitate for work. You wait inside the facility while you are waiting for work. I have only seen white and black men at these sites. Of the 3 Home Depots we have in town, I have never seen, or been offered services by a day laborer. I am pretty sure a day laborer would be arrested for trespassing if he were to wait in a home depot parking lot for work. We do not stand for that kind of nonsense. That is a 3rd world practice in Latin America.

Old 04-03-2008, 06:45 AM

11,887 posts, read 37,001,986 times
Quote:
So basically Americans are just going to sit back on unemployment until employers start wanting them back?
Cut the questioning session Mach50. This is getting annoying.

Old 04-03-2008, 07:15 AM

47,525 posts, read 69,878,486 times
Quote:
Except a nation full of uninsured day workers isn't really where we should be trying to go.

What about steady full time jobs with health insurance benefits and wages that you can support yourself on? What's wrong with having that be the goal?

What's wrong with using a licensed and bonded contractor whose employees have decent pay with standard benefits?

Old 04-03-2008, 07:22 AM

47,525 posts, read 69,878,486 times
Quote:
This is missing the point, don't apply for the job to get the job for a low salary. Apply for the job to get denied, then sue that company for discrimination and have them investigated by ICE.

I mean if we really have people that want to do these jobs, then they won't mind if they get hired for the proper salary right?
When the day laborers are gone, that means more business for the legal businesses that do prefer to hire steady permanent workers.

People will still want roofs, they just will have to go through a company that follows the laws and hires legal employees, which means paying them a bit better. Companies that abide by labor laws, OSHA laws and that offer Americans jobs, or at least go through the effort to bring in legal immigrants.

Then you don't have to have people sleeping 14 men to a floor of a one room apartment in order to work here.

And it's okay to bring in immigrants but sponsor them legally, which requires you take some financial responsibility for your immigrant and follow the laws when hiring them.

If anything massive illegal immigration hurts legal immigrants because why should an employer follow the law when breaking the law is so much more profitable, or when thousands of day laborers make running a legal business impossible.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration