Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-03-2008, 12:23 PM

307 posts, read 522,967 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach50 View Post
Nothing stopping Americans from standing out in front of Home Depot looking for work right along with those illegals.
Sure there is. The fact that many of the Illegals in front of Home Depot will do the Job for below minimum wage.

An illegal worker can fit 8 people into a 3 bedroom house renting for $1200 = $150 per person.
An illegal can be fed on $50 a month for food.
An illegal can get a bus pass for $50 or a couple can pool their money and buy a used vehicle and gas for a similar amount.
An illegal can support his family in Cambodia for $30 a month.

Total wages an illegal needs to make to support himself and his family is $280.

The American needs to charge 3-4 times that amount to support his family.

Guess who can afford to undercut who in front of Home Depot.

Random
Quick reply to this message

Old 04-03-2008, 01:06 PM

8,185 posts, read 12,666,267 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RandomU View Post
Sure there is. The fact that many of the Illegals in front of Home Depot will do the Job for below minimum wage.

An illegal worker can fit 8 people into a 3 bedroom house renting for $1200 = $150 per person.
An illegal can get a bus pass for $50 or a couple can pool their money and buy a used vehicle and gas for a similar amount.

Random
Don't forget, when illegals do buy cars, they don't insure them. Thats a hefty savings right there.
Also, they use ER for their health care, and do not worry about paying the bill. My families medical deductable is $5500 a year!
There are many reasons illegal immigrants can get by with far less.

Old 04-03-2008, 03:50 PM

1,268 posts, read 1,143,676 times
Quote:

Random

It's obvious anyone who can do said things you listed above are survivors. I wonder how we will last with all this technology doing everything for us.

Old 04-03-2008, 04:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exedous View Post
It's obvious anyone who can do said things you listed above are survivors. I wonder how we will last with all this technology doing everything for us.
Americans could do the same thing IF we could send those we support to another place where the cost of Living is 1/50th of that of the United States.

But since an American Worker must earn money, to Build a home IN AMERICA, support a family IN AMERICA, and pay his bills and taxes IN AMERICA, he has to be paid more then the illegal immigrant who is paid 1/2 and can build a house, support a family, and pay his bills and taxes in Cambodia where it goes 20 times as far.

Random

Old 04-03-2008, 05:03 PM

27,200 posts, read 46,762,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
no but would you like to take pictures of illegals lining up to take the jobs that americans should do? go over to the front of home depot anytime with your cell phone and click away.
Funny, I work in Home Depot, in Florida, and we don't even have very many Hispanic people working for us.

Mostly, middle aged white guys, and some young women (working as cashiers, mostly).

Old 04-03-2008, 05:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TKramar View Post
Funny, I work in Home Depot, in Florida, and we don't even have very many Hispanic people working for us.

Mostly, middle aged white guys, and some young women (working as cashiers, mostly).
He's reffering to how in some parts of the country, Home Depot is a common spot for illegal workers to gather at in the early morning hours in order to be hired as day laborers by construction companies.

Random

Old 04-03-2008, 05:22 PM

27,200 posts, read 46,762,716 times
Quote:
He's reffering to how in some parts of the country, Home Depot is a common spot for illegal workers to gather at in the early morning hours in order to be hired as day laborers by construction companies.

Random
Oh...here they go to Labor Finders. They didn't work for the Labor Ready I worked for after the hurricanes. Even after I got hired at Home Depot, I continued to work for the Labor Ready on my two days off.

Old 04-03-2008, 05:30 PM

Quote:
Oh...here they go to Labor Finders. They didn't work for the Labor Ready I worked for after the hurricanes. Even after I got hired at Home Depot, I continued to work for the Labor Ready on my two days off.
Always facinates me the little differences between areas of this country. Here in California it's "Home Depot", their in Florida its "Labor Finders". When I drove to Texas a few years ago I noticed that for Hamburger joints, everyone liked Dairy Queen, and White Castle. Here in California it's a little chain called "In N Out" and most DQ's here are deserted. I've never seen a white Castle here.

Old 04-03-2008, 06:13 PM

1,268 posts, read 1,143,676 times
Quote:
Always facinates me the little differences between areas of this country. Here in California it's "Home Depot", their in Florida its "Labor Finders". When I drove to Texas a few years ago I noticed that for Hamburger joints, everyone liked Dairy Queen, and White Castle. Here in California it's a little chain called "In N Out" and most DQ's here are deserted. I've never seen a white Castle here.
Same. DQ is pretty good though, I've had White castle burgers here before. I buy them frozen

Old 04-03-2008, 07:42 PM

47,525 posts, read 69,871,378 times
Quote:

He means the day laborers who hang out in the parking lot begging for jobs. He seems to want an America that is filled with desperate workers who have no health insurance nor steady jobs.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration