Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-07-2008, 09:15 AM

1,818 posts, read 3,099,125 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by camping! View Post
I and others on the immigration forum have been clear that illegal immigration and outsourcing are two heads of the same beast.
Illegal immigration is something that we have established laws against, so it would seem that it should be easier to get govt to finally put those laws into effect.
As far as outsourcing, well its legal. How to combat that, I'm not sure. Maybe it starts with consumers refusing to do business with corp that practice outsourcing.......making a concerted effort to buy made in america goods.......if you have any other ideas I would like to hear them.
Somehow I think OldTex is the only one that truly get's it. It is fairly easy to tell when people are paying attention to what is going on with it's country and goverment, so we will see after the illegals are all sent packing, that things are not good after all.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-07-2008, 09:15 AM

13,387 posts, read 19,478,673 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sassyone View Post
I'm not denying that, I'm just saying that most people are looking at one problem and not the others. If you or any of us cannot see the forest for the tree's we have already lost what we used to count on, and when we could feel that the country was looking out for us and had our best interests,
it is a whole new world, and not one for the best.
What make's you say that "[quote] Most Americans can't see the forest for the tree's?[unquote]
If that was so, there wouldn't be such a large #(80%) of Legal Citizen upset and effected by it. Them being here is not the only thing causing the effect.
Your the one that's only seeing one small problem, the rest of us can see that them being here,,,,,,,,and being here "Illegaly" is just a small part of the problem,,,,but that small part of the problem is creating bigger problems.
Now if you can't see that, your the one that needs to learn more about what's going on in the country.

Last edited by mkfarnam; 04-07-2008 at 09:25 AM..

Old 04-07-2008, 09:43 AM

2,065 posts, read 3,600,657 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JesusisLord View Post
I'm waiting for an American to be my cook? I've been waiting...
I've asked you once where the job is located and what it pays, you seem to have missed that post...

Old 04-07-2008, 09:45 AM

[quote=mkfarnam;3380183]What make's you say that "
Quote:
Most Americans can't see the forest for the tree's?[unquote]
If that was so, there wouldn't be such a large #(80%) of Legal Citizen upset and effected by it. Them being here is not the only thing causing the effect.
Your the one that's only seeing one small problem, the rest of us can see that them being here,,,,,,,,and being here "Illegaly" is just a small part of the problem,,,,but that small part of the problem is creating bigger problems.
Now if you can't see that, your the one that needs to learn more about what's going on in the country.
Oh I do see that, then everything is fine in this country and everything will be fine when you get everyone deported and you have your jobs back that the Ilegals stole from you...because that is the biggest problem with our goverment

Old 04-07-2008, 09:46 AM

334 posts, read 829,033 times
Quote:
Somehow I think OldTex is the only one that truly get's it. It is fairly easy to tell when people are paying attention to what is going on with it's country and goverment, so we will see after the illegals are all sent packing, that things are not good after all.
Yep. The difficulty is that we are entering a world economy with poorer nations rapidly increasing their standards of living. China is a big problem for Mexico also, as it, and the other similarly placed nations, take jobs away from Mexican workers.

The difficullty for most Americans is, or will be, a reduction in their standard of living as the economy works towards some form of parity with other nations. A nation is only worth, financially, what it produces or adds value to year by year. The US has been overspending that for many years.

Good? Bad? Depends on where you are. I think it just IS what it is, and there is little anyone can do to alter the economic future. Bury your head in the sand? Don't buy Chinese products (good-by WalMart!)? Pick your own fruit? What difference will any or all of that make?

Think I'll just head to the beach, grab a Dos XX, and mull it all over .

Old 04-07-2008, 09:48 AM

25,100 posts, read 39,335,641 times
Quote:
then everything is fine in this country and everything will be fine when you get everyone deported and you have your jobs back that the Ilegals stole from you...because that is the biggest problem with our goverment
I'm sorry to say this but, you seem to have a propensity for totally misrepresenting what others say - why?

No one has suggested what you portend that the OP said - NO ONE

Old 04-07-2008, 09:49 AM

21,144 posts, read 42,212,463 times
Quote:

I guess it does not concern you how many of our stocks and investments that China does own and if they become a major stock holder how sticky.
We already owe China a lot of money...so just close your eyes and it will all go away
This 'China' investment situation smacks of the 'Japan, Inc. of 1986----------the latter owned large swaths of Americana.

Well; the whole thing backfired, costing Japan $$$ which spun that country into a severe recession that lasted about 10 years.

The same thing is likely to happen to China vis a vis the USA.

Old 04-07-2008, 10:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
This 'China' investment situation smacks of the 'Japan, Inc. of 1986----------the latter owned large swaths of Americana.

Well; the whole thing backfired, costing Japan $$$ which spun that country into a severe recession that lasted about 10 years.

The same thing is likely to happen to China vis a vis the USA.
Okay President Bush, if you say it, it has to be truejust kidding, but not about the President.

Old 04-07-2008, 10:28 AM

25,100 posts, read 39,335,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
This 'China' investment situation smacks of the 'Japan, Inc. of 1986----------
Thank you for pointing this out - People seem to have forgotten the Japanese "connection" with those from Japan being some of the largest investors in the United States - and they still are. For instance, Manhattan and downtown LA - tremendous Japanese ownership of real estate.

Kudos to you

Old 04-07-2008, 10:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatday View Post
Thank you for pointing this out - People seem to have forgotten the Japanese "connection" with those from Japan being some of the largest investors in the United States - and they still are. For instance, Manhattan and downtown LA - tremendous Japanese ownership of real estate.

Kudos to you
Don't forget Hawaii
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration