Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-24-2018, 01:22 PM

89,006 posts, read 44,824,472 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
It's YOUR question.

You find the answer.
I already have: To be safe, employers won't hire anyone who looks Hispanic or has a Hispanic name.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-24-2018, 02:09 PM

38,859 posts, read 25,538,911 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
I already have: To be safe, employers won't hire anyone who looks Hispanic or has a Hispanic name.
Let me know which companies adopt your "policy."

Carry on.

Old 08-24-2018, 03:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
Let me know which companies adopt your "policy."
It's not "my" policy. It's the policy the left wants. They're upset that employers hire illegal aliens, even though e-verify mistakenly says 54% of the illegals they vet are eligible to legally work in the US.

Old 08-24-2018, 04:23 PM

6,844 posts, read 2,846,127 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovecrowds View Post
Democrats want to import millions and millions from the most poorest and most violent countries on earth. Which makes no sense because the MS-13 and Mexican drug cartels and illegal alien welfare shoppers aren't big on voting anyway.

Seniors though in the swing states love to vote and a vast majority want to Make America Great America with hero's like Trump, Pence and King.

https://www.breitbart.com/big-govern...for-americans/

https://twitter.com/SteveKingIA?ref_...Ctwgr%5Eauthor

Democrats wishes for America

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KWQJWOIDnw0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-lXC79R_rvY

President Trump wishes for America:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MnrflCZuR34

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_bN7B_mRZR8

God bless, Steve King what a heroic statesman who stands up for America just like the cherished President and Commander and Chief President Trump.

Democrats will lose either way. If was keep the illegal alien criminals out President Trump wins. If the dream and fantasy of a blue-wave happens and they obstruct President Trump's strong borders agenda their cities will look more and more like a third-world country.

Democrats have been doing but lying trying to bring down a wonderful, President and an honorable man with a bunch of lies just because he had an electoral vote landslide against a crooked, corrupt and mean women who was the biggest narcissist to ever run for President.

Democrats wish for...

Democrats want this...

Democrats want that...

Blah-blah-blah-blah-blah-blah-blah...

Don't presume to speak for me. Who the hell do you think you are? You have no idea what I wish for America, and I love our country just as fiercely as any other patriot, so miss me with that ****.

Old 08-24-2018, 04:26 PM

Quote:
It's not "my" policy. It's the policy the left wants. They're upset that employers hire illegal aliens, even though e-verify mistakenly says 54% of the illegals they vet are eligible to legally work in the US.

The left wants this...

The left wants that...

You have no idea what I, a liberal, wants.

Some people on here need to stuff the generalizing stupidity where it's dark and stanky.

Old 08-24-2018, 04:31 PM

Quote:
E-verify misidentifies 54% of illegal workers as eligible to work in the US. So how would employers be able to vet employees beyond e-verify authentication, which is highly ineffective?

A unique biometric identifier such as fingerprints, retinal scan, etc., would be required from every US citizen, LPR, and authorized temporary non-citizen worker to make e-verify work the way it was intended to. Since e-verify has no such database, what's the answer? Just don't hire anyone who looks Hispanic or has a Hispanic name? What do you suggest?

If you fine the business caught hiring undocumented workers into bankruptcy, other businesses will get the message and stop hiring them. It will only take a few before it's understood that hiring undocumented workers won't be tolerated..

Old 08-24-2018, 04:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by geekigurl View Post
If you fine the business caught hiring undocumented workers into bankruptcy, other businesses will get the message and stop hiring them. It will only take a few before it's understood that hiring undocumented workers won't be tolerated..
You can't make employers law enforcement. They have no way to tell who's using a forged/stolen ID or not. Hell, even e-verify can't tell 54% of the time. Yes, that's e-verify's failure rate: 54%. I posted the DHS-commissioned report on this.

Old 08-25-2018, 01:37 AM

1,059 posts, read 830,831 times
As long as the submitted documents appear to be genuine, then the employer is not held liable. However, e-verify usually spits out unverified information (a false SS will come up as nonexistent). In addition, the offending employee is given time to rectify the information and/or challenge e-verify’s findings. E-verify isn’t yay or nay; there are other categories in which questionable documents are slotted.

No matter, as written elsewhere, 46% is better than 0%.

Old 08-27-2018, 04:53 PM

1,896 posts, read 811,471 times
Quote:
How are employers supposed to know whether a potential employee has submitted a forged/stolen ID, SS#, etc., as Mollie's illegal alien murderer did? E-verify misses 54% of illegal workers for the exact same reason. It cannot detect identity theft/fraud:

https://www.uscis.gov/sites/default/...12-16-09_2.pdf

A unique biometric identifier such as fingerprints, retinal scan, etc., would be required from every US citizen, LPR, and authorized temporary non-citizen worker to make e-verify work the way it was intended to. Since e-verify has no such database, what's the answer? Just don't hire anyone who looks Hispanic or has a Hispanic name? What do you suggest?
Quote:
Again... E-verify misidentifies 54% of illegal workers as eligible to work in the US. So how would employers be able to vet employees beyond e-verify authentication, which is highly ineffective?

A unique biometric identifier such as fingerprints, retinal scan, etc., would be required from every US citizen, LPR, and authorized temporary non-citizen worker to make e-verify work the way it was intended to. Since e-verify has no such database, what's the answer? Just don't hire anyone who looks Hispanic or has a Hispanic name to be safe from such sanctions?

So make a new program......

Are suggesting that in 2018, it is impossible to come up with a better program? Is that why you keep repeating yourself? I bet e verify is better than nothing, like conservative Texas, who is all hat and no cattle when it comes to illegal immigration.

The GOP controls all 3 branches government but can't do anything..... it's almost like they prefer talk over action....

Old 08-27-2018, 04:55 PM

1,896 posts, read 811,471 times
Quote:

But people over staying their visas is just as much an issue..... you do know that right?

Are you just gonna only hire "american names" and those who look "american"

LOLOLOLOLOL. You salute johnny reb today?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration